• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine SSRI's and coke? Looking for some personal experience

blueskies565

Bluelighter
Right so I haven't been going out as much lately because I have some issues that have kept me less social. Anyway I'm recovering now and letting people in the door and stuff. I'm planning to go out with my friends tomorrow night. Now I used to use MDMA on these nights but I recently discovered after taking a pill while on my usual 40mg citalopram/day that SSRI's pretty much block MDMA so I just felt a little stimulated, nothing else while my friends were off their face on the same stuff. I suppose this is kind of a good thing because I used to feel way more depressed when coming down and after a high dose would be so black while my friends were just sitting around tired and a bit down - i guess because my serotonin was lower already. I would just hang out with people all day after though, smoke some weed and get through it with good company.

Anyway my actually question is this do SSRI's affect the high from cocaine. I used to look down on coke as It's so much more expensive than md but I want something to party on. I know coke hits dopamine and serotonin as well as obviously having the stimulant effect but would that be affected by the high dose of the SSRI I'm taking in any way. I have only done coke once before and was already so out of it I don't remember it (a couple people crashed me lines). My friends get a lot of euphoria on it though and say they feel on top of the world, I suppose because of the serotonin right? Will I just feel sped up? Anyone on SSRI's who does coke your advice would be great. It's just it's such an expensive drug if I'm only getting a fraction of the effects I may as well just get hammered and laugh at my friends bouncing of the wall.

Sorry making a bunch of threads lately asking for info and not contributing - I think I know a lot less than you guys though which Is why I'm here.

I know Seroquel totally blocked the effects of meth/coke for me. But thats more of an anti-psychotic, still kinda an anti-depressant though. However, I do remember doing coke with a buddy and he was on Lexapro which is a real common SSRI, and I recall him saying that it took away a little of the euphoria involved with coke, but it still got him high. Personally, I dont think its really worth it man.

im on two ssri's, never had any issues with either coke or meth. both did what they do just fine.

don't do it man!!! that's how phil hartmen's whife shot him. Stay away from the ssrIs!

Sounds like I may as well just go for it then =) and Mike I don't know what your talking about but though it may have caused some mood instability in the first few weeks it has helped me greatly they should be monitored closely in high doses In the first few weeks but I doubt I'm going to go on an ssri induced killing spree anytime soon.

yeah dude phil hartmans wife mixed took a zoloft sample in the midst of a coke addiction and shot phil hartman, the family won a million-dollar settlement in court! and a bunch of mass-murders are linked to ssrIs, watch out!

i thought this typa stuff can lead to serotonin syndrome?

i have experienced serotonin syndrom combining tramadol with tapentadol, a couple times actually..and it was not fun at all..... i felt agitated as hell, hallucinated, heard voices etc.. all that good stuff

be careful man

I've only done coke 13 times 10 years ago but I was on Prozac for all of them and never noticed any bad effects at all but I never did coke when I WASN'T on Prozac so I don't know if the effects would have been different.

I don't think it's probably dangerous and the people saying that SSRIs are going to create killers are being really ridiculous.

yeah dude phil hartmans wife mixed took a zoloft sample in the midst of a coke addiction and shot phil hartman, the family won a million-dollar settlement in court! and a bunch of mass-murders are linked to ssrIs, watch out!

She would have killed him anyway, even if she had not been on an SSRI.

There are lots of people who are on, or who have taken an SSRI and they don't go and murder someone else, or get violent even if they combine the SSRI with cocaine or another stimulant.

Alright I'm gonna go for it =) hope it is comparable to that md high I missed.Also to the "sssri's make you into psychotic murderers guy" high doses of ssri's do create mood instability in the first few weeks , I experienced periods of extreme irritability and mild anger when I started until they settled down and started helping, pulling me more towards a baseline. Aggressive person prone to fits of uncontrollable anger + ssri + coke to lower inhibitions/ affect judgement I can see Happeng but most of us don't have a raging killer In Us waiting for a drug to bring to the surface. Ssris can be great for certain people (ie me)

She would have killed him anyway, even if she had not been on an SSRI.

There are lots of people who are on, or who have taken an SSRI and they don't go and murder someone else, or get violent even if they combine the SSRI with cocaine or another stimulant.
Yeah I mean when u think about it. What kind of people are mass killers or suicidal? ...Probably DEPRESSED people. And depressed people are likely to be on a SSRI... Hence, we have the problem. So when someone goes out and kills someone or themselves, everyone points to the SSRI like "oh there it is"

Alright I'm gonna go for it =) hope it is comparable to that md high I missed.Also to the "sssri's make you into psychotic murderers guy" high doses of ssri's do create mood instability in the first few weeks , I experienced periods of extreme irritability and mild anger when I started until they settled down and started helping, pulling me more towards a baseline. Aggressive person prone to fits of uncontrollable anger + ssri + coke to lower inhibitions/ affect judgement I can see Happeng but most of us don't have a raging killer In Us waiting for a drug to bring to the surface. Ssris can be great for certain people (ie me)

They don't always create mood instability.

I never experienced that.

Not to mention that any mood instability is probably often due to the fact that you were depressed and might now be getting less depressed so yes, your moods might be in flux but that doesn't usually lead to murder.

Last edited:
A long time ago when I was taking a normal prescribed amount of Paxil I had two really bad experiences, but both of them were when I mixed MDMA (of high purity or cut with very inert ingredients - it was essentially straight from the lab) They didn't happen while both substances were at full effect, the "episodes" occurred the following day, both times a violent rage and urge to kill myself that is completely counter to everything I am as a person not taking those substances. I'm an atheist, reasonable pacifist (killing Bid Laden didn't bother me), but that combo of MDMA, and maybe some speed too, but not coke - led to a very bad time. I'm certain it was that combo.

At the exact same time I was also using a lot of cocaine (3.5-g/day myself). Never a problem b/w those two - Paxil and "blowcaine", my name for lame north american cocaine.

I used to have a bad coke problem (I quit may a year ago) while taking Effexor xr which is an SNRI. The only thing that never worked was MDMA. I personally didn't have any issues with coke though.

I don't think coke and SSRIs impede each other's action, but then I'm in Australia. For the SSRI to stop the coke working, the coke would actually have to be good enough to work in the first place.

Thanks for the advice guys I had a great time though I still think it's a ridiculously overpriced drug. I have heard Ritalin feels similar but for a fraction of the price right? Is the high close enough to coke for it be a substitute? Thanks for any advice

Also since you guys seem experienced with ssri's + drugs is there some replacement for mdma I can use? Like any empathogenic drugs I could get high on or are they all off the table? I know this is kind of off topic but you've given great advice so far and I would love to get a mdma like high, I really miss that drug.

ritalin is not a good substitute for coke, but they share similarities in the rush/onset of effects. both are euphoric, coke moreso. ritalin is way more jittery.

as far as replacing mdma, there isn't one.