• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids SSRI hindering Oxy?

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

Normally upon waking I take my SSRI (Citalopram 20MG) before anything else. Today I completely forgot to do so and hit the road. The Oxycodone managed my pain 2x as well and has lasted longer. I never got 6 hours out of it but I have been nearing 4 in comparison to 2. Is my Celexa actually blocking painkilling effects of the Oxy? If so, should I change my routine and take the SSRI at nighttime so my pain is better managed throughout the day? Thanks in advance

Indeed mate yes, I have always been advised of this. Currently my Oxy is accompanied by Ami, so sedation is a factor more than an enzyme blockade. Only person I can think of in your bind, is My Mum. She had the same issue as you on Citalopram plus pain meds, not Oxy at the mo but she was I believe.

My Prof at Uni has just recently been giving lectures on 5ht and gut Mu receptors and their interaction. I suspect this may be your issue. Hope this helps ?

Indeed mate yes, I have always been advised of this. Currently my Oxy is accompanied by Ami, so sedation is a factor more than an enzyme blockade. Only person I can think of in your bind, is My Mum. She had the same issue as you on Citalopram plus pain meds, not Oxy at the mo but she was I believe.

My Prof at Uni has just recently been giving lectures on 5ht and gut Mu receptors and their interaction. I suspect this may be your issue. Hope this helps ?

So is this to say that SSRI's inhibit opioid activity? 'Cause that really fucking sucks if it's right.