Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Splitting crumbly pills?

-Raver-

Bluelighter
A friend of mine has a notoriously crumbly 'RN' pill, and would like to split it in the interest of harm minimisation.

Previous attempts to do so, have resulted in half a solid pill and the other half almost all powder.

Short of a laser cutter or industrial 1 micron thick blade... what should he do?

Thanks.

Maybe crush the whole thing into powder and divide into two empty capsules?

BigTrancer :)

^^ What he said. :)

I've had a bit of luck sawing through pills like this with a razor blade, but it's hard because once you apply any pressure they tend to crumble, like you've already seen.

If you put the reamining powder into a bag, then turn the bag upside down and let the powder fall into your mouth, its still works just as well... actually comes on faster. Make sure you just drink some water to wash it all down. Oh, and it will taste very bitter (if its good, anyway.)

When having halves I'll usually just quickly bite of half then chuck the rest in a baggie. I don't think it needs to be exact but I would only do that if I plan on using the other half soon after, since you might get liquid (from your mouth and stuff) on it.

I have found breaking them over a big lighter with the score running straight up and down can sometimes work... but with exceptionally crumbly ones, this can end in a mess.

I had RNs last weekend the first pill i took i planned to take a half but wasnt really aware of actually crumbly they were. Never the less when i went to take a bite the whole thing ended up as a lovely powdery mess in my mouth...On the second pill and subsequent pills i was aware of the crumb factor and managed to get a clean break everytime all you have to do is be aware and careful

Putting crumbly nurofen plus in the fridge for a short period has helped a little when going to split them.

Dissolve pill in water, drink half of liquid volume (measured with syringe)?

That's if you're pedantic :p