• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Spiritual Journey

Nah, the idea has just popped into my head, just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts/idea's as a starting point i wont be leaveing till end of this year if i do go so i have got pleanty of time to research organise ect...

I'm pretty sure there is a Buddhist temple in Tasmania somewhere. I think it's pretty isolated too so that maybe worth looking into as a starting point. You will definatley be able get away from the luxuries of everyday life there.

^ Yeah though I want it to be more part of my oversea's trip basically what I want to do is travel oversea's and vist ton's of places for a few years but say allocate 2 months of that tripp to some spirituality type stuff.

You could always do what I did and go on a hell bender of psychaedelics, and doofs for 3 months straight then do the 10 days of silence at ur local budhist meditation centre. Now THAT is spiritual!

Yar looking for more of an experience without drugs because realistically im not going to be useing psych's for the rest of my days, plus these hlidays have been pretty benderish anyway!.

I ask again (cos you missed when I said it earlier): How much do you know about Buddhism? If you're serious about this, make sure you know more than just that it involves something to do with a fat guy sitting down looking peaceful. Go to your local Buddhist Temple (they're all over the place believe it or not) and talk to them about what you're planning. You'll know pretty quickly whether or not this is actually a good idea. Because quite frankly, the way you're talking at the moment you're no where near ready to find "enlightenment". No offence intended.

^No offence taken:). I do have a pretty good understanding of the Buddhist religion, people are mis understanding what im saying, im not trying to find enlightenment ect... i just think that doing what im thinking of doing for a short time will be quite rewarding and will be a great part of my oversea's adventures!! I'm hopeing that in the short period that i stay in a temple, i will be taught things that will stay with me for the rest of my life which i can use to benifit me throughout my lifetime.:D

joannie_mhm said:
bikkimuncher have you done any research apart from asking bluelighters?

C'mon joannie... We're like the Jedi Council... We hold ALLLLLLLLLL the answers :p

Dude, no offence, but it kind of sounds like you're planning a kontiki tour....

Spiritual growth isn't something you tack onto the itinerary of an overseas holiday, and I don't think being a monk is as easy as saying you're a monk..I also don't think it's something that people generally plan on doing for 6-12 months before they move on..

If you want to experience a different culture and if you want to pursue an existence beyond materialism and consumerism, that's awesome and highly commendable...but then I also tend to think that if you were meant to become a monk, you wouldn't need to get second opinions of people on the internet before you make that life-changing decision for yourself...

If you want to become a monk for a while don't put a time limit on it. Go and practice and move on when your ready. There are no limits to how long 1 becomes a monk. For some it could be 6 months and for some they will do it till they die.

The thing about budddhism as well is that it can be whatever it evolves into for you, so maybe staying in a temple isn't required, I'd suggest joining a local temple, there's a few in Vic and going from there, because merely staying in a temple overseas wont help you to become enlightened, every person has to find their own way and stuff.