• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Spice Addiction

jaishivaya

Greenlighter
This is an honest thread.

I personally have tried this a few times before and I know how it makes you feel. It kind of gets you drunk / high for about 15 minutes and you forget that you even smoked that stuff. Kind of like Hippy crack (wipits). My other friends who have tried it for the first time also had the same trip; mind wandered aimlessly feeling awkward muttering nonsense out of their mouth. Then all of a sudden after 10 minutes they remember they smoked some Spice and feel relieved.

This is a cheap quick strong high that is similar to cannabis. I can see how it can be addicting. It doesn't last as long as cannabis, the high is stronger and somewhat psychedelic, and it doesn't smell as bad when you smoke it.

This thread isn't for me. This is for my friend. He is addicted to Spice.
I've known this guy for many years and he started abusing spice for 3~4 years now.

He can't eat food without smoking Spice and he isn't very open about talking about this addiction.

I wanted to hear stories about Spice Addiction from other people on this forum. I want to hear why you liked it. Why you were in the hole? What made you stop. What it made you do. What it made you think. How hard was it to stop. Any withdraw symptoms?

I have to get my friend to stop. Any help will be much appreciated.

I'll come back to this later when I have time, but until then I was addicted to it for a few years. Horrible withdraws. I can still smoke a 1gram bag and be sent into wds as soon as I'm out... That just started happening recently. It's bad shit to the utmost degree. I've been heavily addicted to IV dilaudid(15-20 8 mg pills a day) I've smoked so much crack it's not funny, shot plenty of meth and cocaine. Nothing ever touched the addiction caused by this shit

Thanks buddy. Please come back and let me know what the addiction feeling is like and how it's different from Meth... because Meth addiction is very very strong too.

it's extremely prevalent where i live. people smoke grams and grams of the manufactured stuff within short periods of time. tolerance is a huge issue. also, sometimes people smoke it thinking it's weed, the stuff is strong, and they end up seizing.

the withdrawal symptoms are as goes for me:

- sweating
- suppressed appetite to a certain degree. i don't exactly agree that you can't eat without synth noids. if the use of cannabinoids has taught me one thing, is the the munchies disappear and what happens is the exact opposite. cannabinoids begin to suppress appetite.
- insomnia
- depression
- anxiety

etc

related reading:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/687815-Why-is-synthetic-marijuana-so-addictive
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-Synthetic-Weed-(Potpurri-Spice-K2-Shit-Hell)

homeless -> cannabis discussion

I used to be pretty addicted to spice, to the point that i would vomit after waking up if i didn't smoke some spice within 20-30 minutes, its bad bad stuff, i coughed up BLACK shit every hour, i couldn't sleep more than a couple hours without getting high, it made me a horrible, lying person, it made me feel like a hardcore addict, i would pay the smokeshop owner my 10.75 in quarters, 2 or 3 times a day, it wasn't good at all.

I would tell your friend to stop now, switch to smoking weed, thats what i did, and its a much better alternative to synthetic nonsense

Sorry for spelling errors, im kinda drunk.

Totally agree with the guy above me. I bought spice in bulk. At one point I was evicted from my apartment, because instead of paying rent, I bought a quap of spice, and smoked it at a friends in one night. I'd take a bong rip, pass out for 15 minutes, wake up, bong rip, pass out etc.

I also like the poster above me, coughed up black shit continuously, vomited when not smoking every 20 minutes, and would wake about once every hour and have to take a hit or be in hell. Honestly, as a current opiate addict, I would take heroin withdrawal over spice withdrawal any day. I made home made blends with AM-2201, and that was by far the most addictive substance I've ever used. JWH never gave me the problems the AM did.

It seems pretty common. I know someone who is addicted to spice/JWH/k2, and for awhile they smoked it daily. I am not sure if they still smoke it, or if they just smoke pot instead?

This shit is rough on your body in many ways people don't fully understand. Some of these can do some serious damage to your liver. I used to smoke the shit when I didn't have a green connection, but now that I do I know I'll never try the fake weed again. It's very addicting. I never thought I'd search my wood floor for spilled spice to smoke because 15min have passed and I need a hit.

I smoke 1oz a week compared to 7-10 grams of high grade weed.

I also know someone who died and it's heavily believe his heavy synthetic CBD use was the main reason for his kidney issues.

And just last week I had a friend call me freaking out after trying the stuff and I told him to go to the ER. It's not worth the risk. The heart takes a toll too.

If you can get your friend to switch back to weed you could save him. The last spice I smoked made me feel retarded (in a bad way). The entire week I had the worst short term memory.. Having a conversation last 5min was tough.

Good luck with your friend. I hope they make the right choice for their health. It's also more expensive to smoke IMO because you smoke a ton of it nonstop until you need to order more. And a lot of the places will not share the info on what actives are in the shit and the OZ to gram ratio they used to make the shit.

What is in spice?
Or is it just a generic term like 'bathsalts' that could mean a mix of anything?

I have become fond of AB FUBINACA, but I do not consume ridiculous amounts (like some of you guys) of it either.

exactly. it would be the equivalent of using 'bath salts'.

it was one of the first ones to come out so i guess the name stuck. i think spice has jwh in it iirc.

This shit is rough on your body in many ways people don't fully understand. Some of these can do some serious damage to your liver. I used to smoke the shit when I didn't have a green connection, but now that I do I know I'll never try the fake weed again. It's very addicting. I never thought I'd search my wood floor for spilled spice to smoke because 15min have passed and I need a hit.

I also know someone who died and it's heavily believe his heavy synthetic CBD use was the main reason for his kidney issues.

And just last week I had a friend call me freaking out after trying the stuff and I told him to go to the ER. It's not worth the risk. The heart takes a toll too.

If you can get your friend to switch back to weed you could save him. The last spice I smoked made me feel retarded (in a bad way). The entire week I had the worst short term memory.. Having a conversation last 5min was tough.

Good luck with your friend. I hope they make the right choice for their health. It's also more expensive to smoke IMO because you smoke a ton of it nonstop until you need to order more. And a lot of the places will not share the info on what actives are in the shit and the OZ to gram ratio they used to make the shit.

agree with everything you said there.

even though so far it's only anecdotal i completely agree with everything you're saying based on first hand experience. it's extremely toxic to the liver, kidneys, and even brain in overdose.

i was smoking it chronically and so were my friends, grams and grams in an hour. we didn't last long until kidney function and liver function tests showed that my liver was damaged "due to the misuse of a hepatoxic substance". soon enough my friends were on the exact same boat. a bunch of kids died. one girl jumped off a balcony from a tall building. another chick went nuts at a party for a while, then starting seizing and died immediately after.

the ones who left it like me went back to normal. and by that i mean being able to piss normally. what i actually thought was back pain was also kidney pain. it was just being suppressed by the synth noids analgesia.

what also tends to happen is that people try this synthetic weed and expect it to be like for like in terms of potency. this is where i've seen outright psychosis and perhaps even dt's. synth noids take long to kick in. for someone with no tolerance, they keep smoking until the psychosis hits them like a truck.

these kinds of synth noids are not my favorite substances by a mile. they just feel....poisonous. where as weed just feels, healthy.. natural. spice makes people extremely socially awkward.

Thank you so much for your experiences and replies. My friend actually smoked a ton of pot with me back in the days. He actually stopped smoking pot to switch to spice because it doesn't smell as bad. He liked the psychedelic effects that it had on him. I thought it was psychedelic too, but it's sad to see him tearing himself apart like this.

I think it's a bad comparison to say that Spice is like Bath Salts. Bath Salts actually drove you insane. Spice just makes you forget about reality for a few minutes like Salvia. I think it's less harmful to the self and others.

Still I think it's terrible to see someone fall into this synthetic trap.

pharmacologically they're miles apart. bath salts and spice. the connection that was being drawn was that how these substances gained notoriety and the first generic name just sticks.

it's kinda like a lot of shit. at least where i live. we call tissues "fine".

And to add, 'bath salts' means a mix of whatever combination of intoxicating research substances.

And 'spice' could mean any combination of synthetic weed chems.

I just smoked a real weed joint,a splif, and it is great!

I used Hash oil , wax , shatter to quit smoking spice

I tried to smoke hash to quit smoking spice, but not even the best med grade hash could take me out of withdrawals. It was so miserable. I remember waking up every 30-40 minutes to smoke during the night. I sold everything I owned for it. When I didn't get it, it was puking, dry heaving, the chills, hot flashes. It's funny because I physically cannot remember how miserable I felt. It took a toll on my short and long term memory. I only remember how miserable it felt, because I've told this story so many times.

The only reason I quit smoking it, was due to my 1 gram per day use of AM-2201 (I actually also smoked MXE as well to stave off withdrawals, which got me CRAZY high), was because I was institutionalized because of psychosis it gave me. I spent 4 months in the psych ward on 2 grams per day of seroquel. 1000mg in the morning, and another 1000 at night. Eventually I got out of the spice addiction, and started refusing my seroquel. At which point they threatened to send me to a permanent state residence if I didn't comply. I eventually worked my way out of that hell-hole, and quit taking my meds once out. I have many traumatic memories of abuse that occurred while at that facility.

i remember back when i had a deep dependency on those wonderful little synthetic molecules of death.
i remember the rush, at least, that's what i always experienced !! i remember how it made me feel.

i remember how everything became a horrible crisis when i was on those chemicals.
i remember how hard it was to leave them behind. but, my ultimate solution was to just stop buying it. i will admit, that was hard as hell, because i could easily go through an ounce of the stuff in 2-3 days, if that. on average i would get a 10g bag and need to get another one halfway through the next day.

i wouldn't say that my experience with it was necessarily the worst, but over the 6 month period of addiction that i lived through, i went through an amazing section of hell.

i wished i would die every time but it never happened. i don't know why i miss that but i do.

now perhaps i should make my rhetoric more focused and actually answer the questions asked.

I wanted to hear stories about Spice Addiction from other people on this forum. I want to hear why you liked it. Why you were in the hole? What made you stop. What it made you do. What it made you think. How hard was it to stop. Any withdraw symptoms?

Why did I like it? Every time I took even the smallest hit of it, I felt it. Instantly. It was an intense rush for me. It was powerful. It almost completely knocked me on my ass, everytime. Even meth didn't give me as much of a rush as that stuff did. There is, most definitely, a big difference between consuming a product that is a full agonist, and one that is just a partial agonist. That full agonist put me into full agony, but it made me reevaluate my life and the like every time. Every time was introspection. Every time was discovery. I liken it a lot to my fondness for dissociatives.

Why was I in the hole? Because it was easy as hell to get, and cheap. The shop I bought it from sold 10g bags for $20-$25. I just kept falling down further and further.

What made me stop? Well, I had the support of my fiancee, who had the same issue as well. We both just sorta decided to stop buying it and tough the withdrawals out, because everything evens out eventually.

What did it make me do? It made me fall flat on my ass every time, and get locked in my head, to a point where I could barely even breathe. That rush! That attack! That intensity! It was pure beauty! It was death, waiting to
happen. I feel if it weren't for my body weight and my typically high tolerance of substances, I would be in a much worse place right now. I don't want to live in a box! Or, y'know, unlive.

What did it make me think? It made me think that death was coming. It made me think that I have shit to get in order. It made me think that I had to solve all my problems. It made me think about my problems. It made me think about how fucked I am as a person. It made me think about how fucked the world in general is. It made me think up the most absurdist stream-of-consciousness rants that were structured into lyrics. It made me write, a lot. It supercharged me with creativity.

How hard was it to stop? Fucking one of the hardest things in my life. That's all I'm going to say on that.

Withdrawal symptoms? Fatigue. Lethargy. Headaches. Stomach pains. Inability to eat. Insomnia. Suicidal ideation. More fatigue.

Around here the spice addicts are second only to the tweakers as far as chaotic, scary drug addicts are concerned (and many of the spice heads also tweak, so there's that too)

Your talking about DMT (spice) right?

After further reading you mean synthetic weed. Spice (brand)