• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Speedballs: Bell Ringers and Nausea.

IvvySaid

Greenlighter
I know there was a similar thread about a year ago, but is focused on smoking crack, and I wanted to get a little more in depth on the IV side of things.

I am a long time opiate user, but recently started doing "speedballs". I have only been shooting coke for about 7 months, but not very frequently until this past month and a half or maybe two.

I have heard about "bell-ringers" since I first started shooting cocaine, but never felt one. I was told I would KNOW when I got one. Well last night, I got one... And felt extremely nauseous shortly after I felt the effects of the "ringing". I did another shot this morning and ended up nauseous again, this time vomiting pretty gnarly.

I usually do shots with up to 3 times as much coke as I used this time. I have heard talk about the purity being the reason why. So is it more pure if I am throwing up from it? Because I have never gotten a bell ringer from any of my other (usually much larger) shots. So I would think that its better shit than I have done in the past.

I have felt nauseous from smoking crack before, but never speedballs. Does anyone know if this is a tolerance thing, or just the way it is? Like, do you eventually get used to it, or if you get it, you get it. I know some people get these effects and some dont.

i used to shoot coke and almost everytime would get my bell ringing, thw only time i felt nauseous from it was when i got some really good coke, i also shot heroin but i would do them seperately for about 3 yrs. i dont think it is a tolerance issue but more of a quality issue because shitty coke wont get you ringing, good coke will get you ringing, and great coke can sometimes be too great if you know what i mean. hope i helped somewhat

Probably potency imo. I used to do speedballs via nasal. Not a whole lot, only done it twice. First night I did it I had pretty shitty coke and of course the second time my stuff was much better. I'm fairly certain I've never had a ringer(I'm fairly certain it's almost limited to IV unless you're doing huge lines,) but I have felt nauseous after a long night of doing dope and coke. Best thing to do is keep a bucket or something next to you and some water. Good luck and be safe.

Be careful with speedballs, man. Despite the unmatchable euphoria and bliss you can attain from said combo, death is also right on your door step, just waiting to knock and tell you it is your turn.

I used to shoot speedballs for like 3 months. Luckily, my coke dealer would use my GF and mine's apartment to break up ounces, and cut shit up. So we would get the better stuff. Like the size of a penny would cause a bellringer.

The bad thing with IV coke, to get the illustrious bellringer you almost always throw up. Guess it's just part of the experience.

If you get coke from a new supplier, or a new batch, ALWAYS do a tiny bump of a shot first, to guage potency. Many people of died doing this, by underestimating the potency.

Please please please be careful, as the line between fantastic and fucking dead is a very thin one.

high dopamine levels causes nausea, happens to first time meth users and i spewed my hole up after eating 2 good e pills

i suppose you get over it eventually..

I've never got a bell ringer from IV coke and not projectile vomited, but fuck if it isn't the most ecstatically enjoyable vomiting you will ever experience.

Ringing the bell only comes with IV use or smoking cocaine. If you snort a lot maybe on your first dose of the day, you may feel a big fast come up; but, nothing to the extent of an IV rush or a big hoot of the hard coke.

true, i only got one bellringer in my life and it was the first time I smoked my first hit of crack. (it was huge too because im a pothead) Also, ive only smoked crack about 4 times and snorted coke about fifteen to twenty.

This probably doesn't answer your question, but i only got a bell-ringer the first time i smoked base.. never had another one

Puking is already a sign of OD or borderline tho. I'd be careful about IV doses

I puke when I take a good hit of freebase (good quality crystally).. without eating prior to do the puff......

more like a mild heart attack, but close... 10 internets for anyone who can tell me what causes your ears to ring

The sound of increased blood flow through the veins in your ears.

I'll take my internets nao plz.

Be careful with speedballs, man. Despite the unmatchable euphoria and bliss you can attain from said combo, death is also right on your door step, just waiting to knock and tell you it is your turn.

I used to shoot speedballs for like 3 months. Luckily, my coke dealer would use my GF and mine's apartment to break up ounces, and cut shit up. So we would get the better stuff. Like the size of a penny would cause a bellringer.

The bad thing with IV coke, to get the illustrious bellringer you almost always throw up. Guess it's just part of the experience.

If you get coke from a new supplier, or a new batch, ALWAYS do a tiny bump of a shot first, to guage potency. Many people of died doing this, by underestimating the potency.

Please please please be careful, as the line between fantastic and fucking dead is a very thin one.
this

to get a bell ringer you need reasonably good purity coke. You WILL NOT get a bell ringer with shitty coke, usually no matter how much you put in the shot.

I used to actaully get nauseous and sometimes throw up before I even put the needle in haha.
just be careful man. I used to just shoot heroin, now I'm pretty much exlusively shooting coke, and it's a fucking horrible and ugly addiction. Just thinking about coke now makes me want to shit my pants out of euphoric recall.

My rule with coke is this:
always do a small shot first, perhaps 50 mg, and see where that gets you. You can tell with decent coke, even if you dont achieve a bellringer with a small shot, about how much it will take to get you there. And never overdue it if you can help it, Im pretty sure I had a heart attack late last december from shooting speedballs and it was the scarriest experience of my life.

mm, Why does everyone call me 'man'. I am a lady. :)

Thanks for the info everyone. I also noticed that when I detox after doing speedballs, as opposed to just dope, its MUCH easier.

My friend actually OD'ed a few days after I posted this. She lived but, fuck.... It was really scary. We were out in the woods and she collapsed, had a seizure and wasn't breathing. I am really frail and she fell over a log into a bunch of berry bushes. I was already high, and had to heave and ho for what seemed like a hour to finally get her up. I was in complete panic mode until I got her breathing. It is unbelievably frightning to have a person that you use with everyday to suddenly be pratically dying in front of your eyes. VERY VERY scary.

Oh, and to top it off... I think she has HEP C and I just tested clean like a week prior, but she was covered in cuts from the bushes and I ended up with a few of my own after finally getting her out of the bushes and sitting up. I was sure that I was infected and that is one of my biggest fears being an IV user. Got my HIV and HEP results in 2 days ago... Still clean. I thank my lucky stars for that one. My doctor said that me becoming infected might be the only way for me to grasp the reality and seriousness of my disease. Sadly, I think shes right.

I have never had to deal with anything close to that. She only did like 15B and 20W. I have never "tested" my shit before I do my issues, but that alone got me doing it. I would have never guessed that small of a shot could do that to her.

I am trying to get into a detox program right now and will be going into residential right after. (I will lose my job and home unless I complete both programs). I really dont want to quit, but know I need to. Hopefully I can really do it this time. I have been stuck in this addiction for 6 years, and can't seem to pull it together. Wish me luck!

The sound of increased blood flow through the veins in your ears.
Or the sound of increased blood pressure. In other words, the sound of vessels in risk of bursting and causing a stroke.

^Good to know. I got a bell-ringer while plugging meph + methylone combo

Best of luck to you. Glad to hear you are ok. Also, I hope your friend is ok. Detox is rough, but you definitely come out for the better. As I said before good luck.

Cheers!