• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Speedball overdose (heroin+cocaine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Senator

Greenlighter
I'm really curious to know happens when a person overdoses (heroin+cocaine IV), does he even aware that he's in danger or can even die in pleasure since speedballs give one of the best feelings ever?

your heart is wroking fucking overtime...it doesnt know what to do....speed.slow,speed.slow...

Once they are aware its usually too late its not a fun experience at all you struggle to breathe while you sweat and know something isn't right. Generally speedballs cause overdoses more than heroin alone because heroin lasts longer than coke so if you keep redosing heroin and cocaine before the heroin wears off trying to get the first feeling you got then you can OD on the heroin easier. The way to avoid this is to do a speedball first then when you feel the need to redose instead of doing another heroin and cocaine shot, just do a cocaine shot because the cocaine is what wears off first the heroin should still be buzzing through your body by that time. Its a common misconception that speedballs are more dangerous because your heart gets "confused" and doesnt know which way to go due to the upper and downer effect. But in reality the heart doesn't really get confused speedballs are more dangerous because of the reason I wrote above. People just keep redosing with heroin and coke when only the cocaine has worn off and while the heroin is still effecting your body.

I would assume they would be aware something very bad is happening during OD.

Only done speedball twice-- really fucked up mix.

Once they are aware its usually too late its not a fun experience at all you struggle to breathe while you sweat and know something isn't right. Generally speedballs cause overdoses more than heroin alone because heroin lasts longer than coke so if you keep redosing heroin and cocaine before the heroin wears off trying to get the first feeling you got then you can OD on the heroin easier. The way to avoid this is to do a speedball first then when you feel the need to redose instead of doing another heroin and cocaine shot, just do a cocaine shot because the cocaine is what wears off first the heroin should still be buzzing through your body by that time. Its a common misconception that speedballs are more dangerous because your heart gets "confused" and doesnt know which way to go due to the upper and downer effect. But in reality the heart doesn't really get confused speedballs are more dangerous because of the reason I wrote above. People just keep redosing with heroin and coke when only the cocaine has worn off and while the heroin is still effecting your body.
Thanks, man

I used to be addicted to speedballing and what the doc says is exactly right. What happens is you cant feel the heroin because youre so wired on the cocaine, so you do more heroin and then it gets difficult to breathe. I discovered a way to prevent that though, which may have saved my life. Basically, almost all the effects of heroin are masked by cocaine save one, the difficulty swallowing (really high doses of opiates make it hard for me to swallow). So whenever I would be speedballing, if I was thinking of doing more heroin I would simply swallow first. If it was hard to swallow, then I would know it was not safe for me to do any more heroin. After I discovered that, I never had problems breathing again. I dont know if that would work for everyone but it worked for me.

I used to be addicted to speedballing and what the doc says is exactly right. What happens is you cant feel the heroin because youre so wired on the cocaine, so you do more heroin and then it gets difficult to breathe. I discovered a way to prevent that though, which may have saved my life. Basically, almost all the effects of heroin are masked by cocaine save one, the difficulty swallowing (really high doses of opiates make it hard for me to swallow). So whenever I would be speedballing, if I was thinking of doing more heroin I would simply swallow first. If it was hard to swallow, then I would know it was not safe for me to do any more heroin. After I discovered that, I never had problems breathing again. I dont know if that would work for everyone but it worked for me.
It's probably very tough to stay out of those things now. Would you say that speedballing gave you the best feeling ever in your life? Can anything in life even remotely be compared to that ultimate pleasure?

Your welcome dude hope that cleared things up for you.

I did many speed balls in my lifetime and its definitely one, if not the best "high" in my opinion but is so dam expensive and addictive. I did them daily for 3 years well sometimes I would do a few days off of coke and only do heroin but basically everyday. I sold heroin and cocaine few years back so I had large quantities of coke and heroin so I could do as much as I pleased. The heroin was physically addicting though so I found that much harder to kick than cocaine which is all a mental game.

Eventually it just takes its tole on your body but can't stop you realise how such life sucks without it so you do anything possible to keep that feeling going and I mean anything, things you never thought you'd do.

If I never smartened up I would be dead right now for sure. I'm on Suboxone and only use that these days, my last relapse was in January but I wasn't selling drugs just working so I had to buy bags like everyone else all cut down to nothing and expensive as hell.

Spending 500 bucks a day when you make 18 dollars an hour working 50 hours a week isn't feasible. Well not without doing crimes my one buddy I used to work with did B&E's and would phone in to work from jail with his one phone call quite often. Needless to say he didn't last long. I had to create goals for myself and take my mind off the drugs then if I felt like relapsing I would think about what I'm giving up, how am I going to look in med school all junked out etc. I want to complete the MD undergraduate program my town offers and am doing quite well in school with a clear mind so I hope I can stay strong.

Horrible drugs heroin and cocaine are. But then again they trick you and make you think otherwise while addicted to them. One of the toughest things I ever did was stop that shit and its something that'll follow me for the rest of my life.

I didn't shoot speedballs, but I use to combine heroin, and crack. I would then find myself using more H then I would have due to increased heart rate from crack. Then when that crack wears off I am in danger. I overdosed a couple times combining these drugs. I was always looking for that happy medium… balance in my dependency to function in life and work.

Last edited:
It's probably very tough to stay out of those things now. Would you say that speedballing gave you the best feeling ever in your life? Can anything in life even remotely be compared to that ultimate pleasure?

In terms of life experiences, I would say that falling in love with your dream girl and getting together with her would feel superior to speedballing although I cant thats happened to me. But life is about more than pleasure and that's all heroin and cocaine give you is pleasure. You're still aware of the fact that you're gonna come down and feel empty again and that knowledge puts a damper on the experience.

Other experiences I would rank above speedballing are spiritual/religious experiences where you feel true joy, because the promise of true joy is that it will not fade whereas all worldly pleasure fades. I have had some spiritual experiences on psychedelics which were totally ecstatic and felt as good as speedballing, making love to the absolute, because God is love and all goodness comes from God anyway. He is what you actually long for, not pleasure. And I don't mean to get all religious on you, I just know from many years of experience as a pleasure seeker than divine pleasures are superior to earthly ones. I will say that the feeling you get during the rush when you dont have much tolerance is heavenly. It even inspired me to seek God all the more, because if the feeling of being home, in God's kingdom is anything like that, then it is so unbelievably good that it is worth all the pain and suffering you could possibly go through on earth. Yeah, cocaine and heroin can make you feel like a god or heavenly being.

Last edited:
Oh and BTW speedballing is not even close to the most pleasurable experience.

Dope alone is superior to the combo IMO.

Oxytocin, etc.

I disagree, for me the rush from cocaine alone is superior to any dope rush. In terms of what follows the rush, I much the prefer dope then I dont even do coke anymore, horrible drug.

I disagree, for me the rush from cocaine alone is superior to any dope rush. In terms of what follows the rush, I much the prefer dope then I dont even do coke anymore, horrible drug.

Well I never did drugs for a "rush" but simply for euphoria.

I always viewed coke as a waste of money-- honestly I much prefer caffeine or amphetamines although I no longer do amphetamines, just caffeine.
Never bought coke in my life, just got for free.

For me, it was all about the heroin/nicotine/caffeine combo.
Best euphoria from drugs ever.

In terms of life experiences, I would say that falling in love with your dream girl and getting together with her would feel superior to speedballing although I cant thats happened to me. But life is about more than pleasure and that's all heroin and cocaine give you is pleasure. You're still aware of the fact that you're gonna come down and feel empty again and that knowledge puts a damper on the experience.

Other experiences I would rank above speedballing are spiritual/religious experiences where you feel true joy, because the promise of true joy is that it will not fade whereas all worldly pleasure fades. I have had some spiritual experiences on psychedelics which were totally ecstatic and felt as good as speedballing, making love to the absolute, because God is love and all goodness comes from God anyway. He is what you actually long for, not pleasure. And I don't mean to get all religious on you, I just know from many years of experience as a pleasure seeker than divine pleasures are superior to earthly ones. I will say that the feeling you get during the rush when you dont have much tolerance is heavenly. It even inspired me to seek God all the more, because if the feeling of being home, in God's kingdom is anything like that, then it is so unbelievably good that it is worth all the pain and suffering you could possibly go through on earth. Yeah, cocaine and heroin can make you feel like a god or heavenly being.
Excellent post. Never tried speedballs or anything IV, and probably never will, but I'm just fascinated with the ultimate pleasures. Helps to understand this world better and speedballs are something that people can nearly kill for in order to get it, so it's surely something special that beats sex, food, alcohol, cigarettes, etc. Now, even if love with a dream girl is better, then speedballs are still on top since that love is never experienced by vast majority of people

This.

You keep doing heroin to compensate for your increasing cocaine jitter, then when your done with the coke the full dose of heroin becomes apparent to your body and death may result if the dosage was unknowingly pushed too far.

Personally, i've speedballed quite a few times and it is great, but i would never compare it to the cosmically unifying euphoric bliss that i've experienced on mushrooms, LSD, or MDMA. There's something about being fully conscious that feels so much more fulfilling.

This.

You keep doing heroin to compensate for your increasing cocaine jitter, then when your done with the coke the full dose of heroin becomes apparent to your body and death may result if the dosage was unknowingly pushed too far.

Personally, i've speedballed quite a few times and it is great, but i would never compare it to the cosmically unifying euphoric bliss that i've experienced on mushrooms, LSD, or MDMA. There's something about being fully conscious that feels so much more fulfilling.
and which one is the best, mushrooms, LSD or MDMA?

I use to go back and forth with this a lot years ago. There seems to be a difference between feeling physically good and emotionally centered and at peace. The speedballs feel good enough to help forget that at that moment you feel ok not being centered. But being emotionally centered and aligned does seem to be the best feeling with some lasting effects. Speedballs feel physically good to the nth degree. But being emotionally centered is not what is happening. The pleasure centers in the brain are being lit, but it seems separate and different from a conscious emotional alignment. I can't exactly type up what I want to say but that statement had me thinking.

I have not done speedballs in years. Just this post has butterflies in my stomach though. But I do remember using coke more in between heroin shots. Maybe that is why I am still here. But these days I've been going for feeling emotionally better instead of lighting up the pleasure centers with strong drugs that make me feel worse when they wear off.

and which one is the best, mushrooms, LSD or MDMA?

My gut wants to say LSD, in which i've experienced what i feel to be the pinnacle of human experience. That peak in the trip when all questions are answered, and my mind is in perfect harmony with my body. I am able to fully control myself for the first time. It's paradoxical to the state of confusion and disarray that is often associated with psychedelics.

I've always preferred to identify myself as a musician, and i've had trips that allow what is 'truly' inside to fully emerge. I've had multiple instances in which a symphony would just flow through me, without thinking about it. During these miraculous moments my voice would sound perfectly in tune, more crisp and defined than it ever had before. My breathing was deep and rich, the guitar seemed to play songs itself through my hands, songs that i have never even heard or thought of before. And the songs would just melt into each other. It would be like musical telepathy. This only happened on perfectly timed trips with zero distractions. Like fully accessing the singular bank of human thought and creativity, the same way any virtuoso could do on a regular basis. I could walk away from this experience with a sense of fulfillment, knowing what i may be capable of in the perfect scenario.

I like how JackARoe compares feeling physically good to emotionally centered. And for me, while speedballs and even just heroin are incredible physical highs, they can't touch the euphoria provided by the fully immersive and emotionally balanced tuning in of the mind and body that we sometimes experience with the more 'enlightening' drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.