Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

speed + weight, metabolism etc

georgi

Bluelighter
I used to take speed every Sat for about 6 months
I would dance all night and then not eat the next day
Then the days folowing that I would eat heaps, and also not be motivated to go to the gym

I was very healthy and active before started taking speed, but when taking it was quite unhealthy and didnt like going to the gym
despite this i lost a lot of weight, even though didnt really have much to lose to start with

now that ive stopped taking speed because ive realised the hard way how bad it is, and, as i was before the speed, im living healthily again
Ive always been into fitness, and go to the gym for at least 2 hours a day at least 5 days a week
plus eat very healthily, i dont really like the taste or feeling of eating crap

but my weight has absolutley ballooned, like a whole new body shape with hips and arse and love handles and stuff (bigger boobs too which is good)

its so depresing that I'm living well but have put on so much weight!
its tempting to go back on the speed...but i wouldnt

So, why did i lose so much weight on speed when all i would do is not eat for one day, but eat more after that, and go to the gym less than i did previously

and now that i have stopped taking speed, has it affected my ability to lose weight?
Like, was my body storing my fat or slowing my metabolism down or something?

Or does speed do anything else to your ability to lose weight, or do you reckon that ive become a porker for some other reason...

So yeah, if anyone knows why this is so please tell me
and i know all about eating well and exercising, so thats not it, I have always been active and healthy, except when I was on the speed

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
^ Wow, you said the same thing more time then I can count.

If you wish to use speed, then you should observe the very well publisized effects of that particular substance.,

I will say this once; Speed is used for one purpose only and that purpose is definately not for losing weight and/or slimming!!!!!!!

When you use this gear you are repressing your appetite, draining calcium and dehydrating your body, there is a scientific fact to consider. So, even though your post makes no fuckin sense *sorry*, I think you just need to get over it, get healthy and stop taking speed on saturdays (or any day for that matter) and get back on the healthy/happy program that you felt satisfied with before you got to where you are now.

go eccies my friend. theres lotsa speed+MD pills out there but yeah, MD only pills would be the better bet if u can get ur hands on them. but since ur into the whole active an d dancing thing speed+MD might by your choice. be sure to have downers on hand to help with sleep regulating once uve come down. i usually use weed to help with appetite as well. being someone that works out n tries to put on weight as well i try to regulate my sleep and eating patterns with stimulant use. make sure i have a proper 6-8 meal a day diet with 400 kcal in excess of my daily RDI determined by my BMI. and speed does stimulate your metabolism but i think the weightloss is more so due to its catabolic nature? loss of sleep induces higtened levels of cortisol. high levels of cortisol = increased insulin sensitivity/(its a hormone responsible for being catabolic as well) = muscle loss + fat gain.

although daily pot smokin is bad (i know first hand, its making me fail everything but i need to chil out and it helps me sleep) i do believe that pot effectively helps me regulate eating patterns. if u gotta go on a night out on speed or MD try to sleep as much as possible in the daytime and stock up on complex carbs and protein and also some EFA's. im also tryin to get back into the healthier lifetstyle from being a speedfreak

I think what georgi is trying to say is that she/he(?) lost a lot of weight while on speed, then once she gave it up her weight ballooned out. I think its exactly the same case as in when an individual tries to give up smoking and in the process puts on a lot of weight. I'm sorry but im no expert in physiology so i cant give you the technical reasons for this but im sure if you tried in the health forum that you'd be given a decent answer.

fuck in heaven

My weight over the years has never been stable. Due to drug use, particular with meth I lose significant amounts over weekends etc, then slowly put it on during the week and then lose it again. Obviously meth and other stimulants reduce appetite and they also leave you dehydrated. I have been down to 62kgs before in times of heavy addiction and up to around 80kgs. I am hovering about 70kgs at the moment.(Not short either I'm 180cms, 5"11) It's also the issue of not touching anything to eat for 3 days then binge eating for 5 days straight. Not the healthest life styles.

georgi said:

But, with the speed, does it increase your metaboloism for the night your on it and the following days?
Or do you lose weight by just not eating for the one day?

Or, have I put on weight because my body was saving my fat stores because it thought I was in 'starvation mode', like when people fast, and so you stop losing weight?
Or that i slowed down my metabolism and now its all mucked up

Speed doesn't increase your metabolism. It simply represses your appetite. It does speed up heartrate and so on, which means you will probably burn more kilojoules while on it, but it won't make a permanent impact on your metabolism. Only increasing muscle mass can do that.

As far as why you lost weight while on speed: it's just a simple matter of energy in minus energy out. Whatever you were doing, at the end of the week you had expended more energy than you took in. It's pretty simple maths. One day of not eating is definitely enough to tip the scales - even if compensated for later.

But as you've now discovered, that kind of erratic eating pattern has it's down side. When you start eating normally again, your body has learned to hold on to every kilojoule it gets, to store away every bit of nutrition in your fat cells, in case you starve it again. Thus, you're going to put on weight more rapidly than someone who has never starved/done speed/dieted.

Cruel, but true: why do you think weight loss is a multi-million dollar industry? ;) Because the more you diet, the fatter you get. It's a proven fact that after a strict diet, if you follow them a couple of years down the track most people have put on more weight than they started with.

The only thing I can suggest (and coming back full circle here) is exercise. You can "heal" your metabolism by becoming fit and strong again, because lean muscle = higher resting metabolism. Try doing weights as well as cardio. It won't bulk you up, it will just sculpt your figure and when you have lean muscle you will burn fat while you watch TV. :D

But don't - PLEASE don't - get sucked back into the starvation cycle again. Because next time it might not be 5kg you put on when you eventually (inevitably!) want to eat again, it will be 10kg. Then 20. Then 30.

Good luck!

^^ Fucking Word SLM.

Georgi, the only you are going to lose weight permanently is to reduce the amount of calories you intake, either by diet and/or exercise. And i know this sounds really trite given the angsty, if nonsensical=D , post you have made but it really is as simple as this.

I mean, essentially, you can partially starve yourself via stimulants for as long as you like, but eventually, you are going to have to come back to the land of the living and when you do, as you have experienced, you are going to put it all back on. NOTE: not because you have fucked your metabolism, but simply becaused you have not changed your habits that lead to overeating in the first place.

And take it from someone who has been on crystal diets and triple dose duromine for months on end :\ , it is as simple as working out more. I totally empathise with how tough it can seem when you used to feel hot/skinny but hey, changing your long term habits is the only thing that will keep it off.

Good luck.

i had the same problem, when i used to party every weekend i lost so much weight, and felt like i was really skinny, and since cutting down on drug use and going out i have put on weight.
if you want to lose it in the healthy way you need to diet/exercise. takling drugs is not a long term solution

Georgi, the only you are going to lose weight permanently is to reduce the amount of calories you intake, either by diet and/or exercise

Off Topic, but not if you are prepared to use acetyl-L-carnitine and L-lipoic acid every day. In 3 weeks I've seen a big lady lose, wait for it, 7 kg!! Tis da shit for speeding up your metabolism. It does this by increasing mitochondrial size. I can't seem to find the paper I had on this, but I will say the results are truly amazing - on everyone I've seen take it . Makes your pee smell bad for the first couple of days though, but it's a small price to pay if weight needs to go.... back OT

For what it's worth, and some of it is undoubtedly age related, but I always had a fairly good metabolism, until after a few semi-lengthy periods using meth then stopping altogether (and giving up pot). My metabolism seems to have slowed considerably to where these days I do have to watch what I eat.

Hmm that first post wasnt very conscise was it
basically, i was fit to start with
then took speed every weekend and lost a fair bit of weight
and now dont take speed anymore because of the come downs and affect on other things
and now back to normal, have always eaten healthily, go to gym 5 times a week for about 2 hours each time
but still have ballooned crazily since stopped taking speed even though am healthier and fitter than before started taking speed, which was quite fit to start with

so yeah, has this balooning in weight got anything to do with stopping taking speed, and i dont need you to say exercise and eat well because i always have and that isnt the problem

phase_dancer said:
Off Topic, but not if you are prepared to use acetyl-L-carnitine and L-lipoic acid every day. In 3 weeks I've seen a big lady lose, wait for it, 7 kg!! Tis da shit for speeding up your metabolism. It does this by increasing mitochondrial size. I can't seem to find the paper I had on this, but I will say the results are truly amazing - on everyone I've seen take it . Makes your pee smell bad for the first couple of days though, but it's a small price to pay if weight needs to go....

what dose do you need of ALA and ALC for this effect ???

georgi said:
so yeah, has this balooning in weight got anything to do with stopping taking speed, and i dont need you to say exercise and eat well because i always have and that isnt the problem

No. As was indicated quite clearly above, speed will repress your appetite (if you let it) and make you think you have a lot more energy usually leading to greater physical assertion. When you don't use speed, your metabolism will return to where it was prior to using said substance.

Are you comparing your size/weight/metabolism etc now to when you where a younger age? You may just be experiencing the changes that most people go through as they grow older i.e change in metabolism etc.

Also, before you start getting to far into this, perhaps you should define these changes in weight, perhaps you are just being to hard on yourself.

Last thing, you are in the gym for way to long. Go and have a chat with a qualified professional or perhaps even a nutritionist. I did this years ago and was glad I did. Basically, you really only need to be in a gym for no more thant 45 = 60 minutes and no more than 4 vistits per week. Anything more than that and you are wasting your time.

Eggman8888 why is it a waste of time?
I sort of know what you mean, because I'm quite fit I find it really hard to sweat hard or challenge myself, so for this reason i do things for ages, rather than something short and sharp or strong interval training
Is this the idea....to increase intensity and shorten duration?

does speed react with copper
we have a pipe dont no weather to use it not
(druglords)

You need to give your muscles time to recover otherwise over-training them is pointless. Train smarter not harder.

georgi said:
Eggman8888 why is it a waste of time?
I sort of know what you mean, because I'm quite fit I find it really hard to sweat hard or challenge myself, so for this reason i do things for ages, rather than something short and sharp or strong interval training
Is this the idea....to increase intensity and shorten duration?

First you need to understand the conept of rates of marginal return. Basically, the returns your body gets from working out is broken up into units. For simplicity, lets break your work out up into 5 minute increments. The first 5 minutes your body will get X amount of return from the effort you put in, the next 5 minutes that X amount will be slightly less than return from the first 5 minutes and the thrid 5 minutes the return will be slightly less than in the second 5 minutes etc etc etc.

Eventually you will get to the point where that X figure basically equals zero and all you are doing is going through the motions. Your time would be better spent in recovery mode, i.e. replenishing fluids, protiens and calcium etc whilst completely resting your body.

As stated in fucking_in_heavens post; your muscles need time to relax and replenish and this can take up to 72 hours at times. When you work out you actually tear muscle fibres in half, these two halves then rebuild and become seperate muscle fibres. If you put those muscles under stress before they have replenished, you will not be getting the full benefit out of your work out.

I have no idea of your schedule, but lets assume you have total flexibility. Work out on Monday - Wednesday - Thursday and Saturday. Work different body parts on those days, opposing works best e.g. weights on arms and chest then running one day - weights on legs and arms next day with rowing.

This type of discussion is probably going beyond this particular forum and would be better suited to the Healthy Living forum if you want better info.

Last edited: