Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Speed v Dexamphetamines

amphetamine_3d_mid.jpg

methamphetamine_3d_mid.jpg

Pictures from Erowid

Methylamphetamine is simply amphetamine with a methyl group on the Nitrogen of the amine

Dexies are amphetamine. The "Dex" refers to the shape (left hand-levo; right hand dextro or dex)

Read the links in my early post on this thread

so what your saying is DEXES (tabs from doctor) = METH (shit from dealers) ?

look this doesnt sound right at all. i was a ADD kid for years, i abused my dexes for a year and NEVER did i feel anything close to meth. just heaps more alert and chatty. anyway i have 70mg of dex right here (/me grinz) im gonna put this to the test tonight. any suggestions on taking them ? i dont think 12 tabs in one swallow is a good idea! should i space them out ? any tips at all would rule.

just read this from http://www.sixthseal.com/000521.html

Back on topic, dexamphetamine is a primary amine, from what I’ve read, amphetamine is a racemic mixture containing both the + and – isomers. Those are dextro and laevo and Collin’s English Dictionary defines it as such:

racemic
adjective
(Chem) of, concerned with, or being a mixture of dextrorotatory and laevorotatory isomers in such proportions that the mixture has no optical activity
[ETYMOLOGY: 19th Century: from RACEME (as in racemic acid) + -IC]
racemism
noun

Anyway, the laevo (or levo) isomers of both amphetamine and methamphetamine isn’t recreational compared to the dextro isomers. I don’t know if this is true for all –amphetamines, but its true for (meth)amphetamine. The stuff you get off the street is a racemic mixture, so looking from a recreational perspective, it’s inferior to dextro only isomers. In other words, pure dextro (meth)amphetamines will get you higher than a racemic mixture. Personally, I like dexamphetamine (dextroamphetamine sulfate) because it’s much more stimulating that street speed (racemic amphetamine), but I’ll take racemic methamphetamine over it any day! =D

hrm...

The stuff you get off the street is a racemic mixture, so looking from a recreational perspective, it’s inferior to dextro only isomers.

That is a totally incorrect statement when referring to Meth available in Australia. Why?

Because almost all Meth in Aus is made from Pseudoephedrine via reduction. The pseudo used is already the correct isomer to produce ONLY the dextrorotational isomer as a reduction product.

[Correction; a very small amount of the levo isomer is usually also produced - usually less than 1%]

Racemic mixtures are produced from a co-planer molecule such as a ketone when attaching a group like an amine. Racemic mixtures are produced because the amine can approach from either side of the essentially flat ketone.

If anyone still has any doubts, please read the links at the top. This is actually very simple stuff if you take the time to learn the chemistry

Last edited:
so what your saying is DEXES (tabs from doctor) = METH (shit from dealers)

Thats exactly what we are not saying. Where did you get that idea from.

Dexies are a pure version of only the d-isomer of AMPHETAMINE.

"Speed" or "Ice" or "Base" or "Rock" or "Meth" is all METHYLAMPHETAMINE, a completely different chemical to that found in dexies, and as produced illegally, containing many different impurities.

As PD said most of the illicitly produced methylamphetamine is actually also only the d isomer because it is produced from PURE d-pseudoephedrine.
Impurities will still be produced but what cannot be produced bar in minute quantities is L-methylamphetamine.

Because the pseudoephedrine is almost always pharmaceutically sourced it is very pure and contains only the one isomer just like in dextroamphetamine - also pharmaceutically produced.