• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Speed in AU! Why is it so hard to find now and if available so shit!

Amphetamine is generally considered speed however amphetamine has been quite rare since late 90s when methamphetamine precursor availability rose above amphetamine precursors availability.

So i think you mean meth. However, the above is commonly not understood, so speed is often sought. A user is often seeking a white powder and expecting it at a roughly consistent price. This is rarely speed though. In most cases it is methamphetamine cut to and with a powder.

If you mean why is meth ordinary, then its your source. MSM is commonly used to cut meth in Australia, but good meth is still very prevalent.

Amphetamine is generally considered speed however amphetamine has been quite rare since late 90s when methamphetamine precursor availability rose above amphetamine precursors availability.

Sry I'm a little confused. I'm definitely no expert on amphetamine/meth-am and I dont like "uppers" in general, but are you saying that the term "speed" refers to amphetamine? I only ask bc everyone I have ever known in the past 15 years who used meth called it "speed". There were other terms used for it as well(ice, shard, clear, etc) but "speed" was the main one.
Although I'm in the US so maybe it's a cultural difference.
Also...I can't speak to the availability(or quality) of methamphetamine in Australia but I know that every time I'm looking for opioids I have to wade through multiple offers of meth before I finally find someone with what I'm actually looking for. Meth is EVERYWHERE here. It's really quite annoying.
-"Hey I'm looking for 3 g's of tar(BTH)."
-"Did you say you needed some ice?!!"
-"No...I said I'm looking for tar."
-"Oh..well...if you buy some ice I'll get you tar!"
^^Actual convo I've had on multiple occasions.^^

Unfortunately with higher purity crystal methamphetamine absolutely everywhere theres no real reason for people to supply 'speed' (heavily cut+poorly synthesized methamphetamine known as speed in aus) as its not as profitable and hardly any demand for it anymore.

You can find amphetamine sulfate but its not something found on the open market here in Australia. Pretty much you would need to find a source that has imported it for themselves and close friends ect as a novelty not for profit.

Unfortunately with higher purity crystal methamphetamine absolutely everywhere theres no real reason for people to supply 'speed' (heavily cut+poorly synthesized methamphetamine known as speed in aus) as its not as profitable and hardly any demand for it anymore.

You can find amphetamine sulfate but its not something found on the open market here in Australia. Pretty much you would need to find a source that has imported it for themselves and close friends ect as a novelty not for profit.
It's bizzarre that prescription dexamphatemine tablets go for about $10 per 5mg pill or more, and a bottle of 100 at the chemist costs just $6-$30, depending on the reason you're prescribed it.

It's bizzarre that prescription dexamphatemine tablets go for about $10 per 5mg pill or more, and a bottle of 100 at the chemist costs just $6-$30, depending on the reason you're prescribed it.

Exactly man. Reminds me when I was prescribed 2mg Alprazolam. I paid $5.99 a bottle from the chemist and people were paying 250-350 on the street.

I tell you what, I racked the speed myself and that's the end of the story, lol

I could list off crazy prices for pharmaceuticals..

The craziest of them all was back when my dad was getting 60 160mg Oxycontin a month and 120 100mg Morphine Sulphate a month. That months supply was likely worth about 15g’s when sold on the black market.

When people found out he had these and that we had lost a bottle of 160’s I had hoards of fiends offering to rip apart my house wanting to find them.

It was honestly a blessing when his pill supply finally dried up.

-GC

^^ stuff like this should be locked in an impenetrable cabinet I suppose. pity. he must have been in a bad way.