Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Speed First Time

Glory Days

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I have been seriously contemplating trying speed for my first time; during my mid semester break in a few weeks. Until now I have smoked a fair bit of weed, taken mdma a few times… and after hearing friend’s opinions as well as doing a bit of reading on erowid, I've decided I would like to give it a try. However, I have heard and read that speed can be addictive, so my first question is, and I know there are probably many variables involved, but in general: is it possible (or likely) to get addicted to speed after using the substance once? (I have not had any substance abuse problems to date). Also, can anyone vouch for the fact that pupils become extremely dilated like whilst on mdma. My last question is can anyone recommend a good place for doing it?

Thanks for the advice once again. :)

• is it possible (or likely) to get addicted to speed after using the substance once? (I have not had any substance abuse problems to date).
    An addict compulsively uses a substance, so 1 use does not an addict make... but the second use only comes after the first, and the third after the second, so it's only possible to be addicted to speed after using it many many times. At the moment the drug is an unknown quantity to you, so after you've tried it you'll no longer have that mystery. It's up to you to decide whether or how often you'll use the substance thereafter... so its ultimately your own decision whether you become addicted to speed.
  • Also, can anyone vouch for the fact that pupils become extremely dilated like whilst on mdma.
    Yes, this is a possibility. More common with higher doses.

BigTrancer :)

yes, its extremely unlikely to get addicted after using it once.

A good place to take speed is . . . anywhere! You'll end up wandering around like a chicken with its head cut off anyway, so sniff the shit and just bounce around for the next 24 hrs, talking codswallop, gobbledegook and an ancient east Bavarian dialect called Strognosisdotgetyrui.

A good place to try new things is with someone ur comfertable with and some place ur comfertable with. And do not over do it the first time, take a mini tester hit and see how u handle it, if it goes well try a lil more. Also by hit i mean ice, the smokable form.

I would say: if you have any reservations at all, best don't start doing it. All drugs have the potential to become addictive in some way. There are always risks with taking a substance, even though many of us feel invincible in our drug use.

Is speed addictive? Yes, but not in the same way that, for example, heroin is. Your body does not go into physical withdrawal when you stop taking speed. So no, you won't become dependant on the substance in that way. However, if after trying speed for the first time that you decide you love it so much that you want it more and more because a) it's fun b) it makes it easier to be social c) it helps you lose weight d) etc etc etc, then YES, you could be addicted after the first time! Get it?

Having said that, I love speed, and it's definitely my recreational drug of choice. But I will say to you that I have developed problematic behaviour with speed/amphetamines in the past, something I once believed wasn't possible for me.

That's my take on it. Make of it what you will. =D

Cheers for the advice all. I'll let you know how it goes within the coming weeks.

Originally posted by So Last Week
s speed addictive? Yes, but not in the same way that, for example, heroin is. Your body does not go into physical withdrawal when you stop taking speed. So no, you won't become dependant on the substance in that way.

My brother is prescribed dexamphetamine. If he misses a dose he experiences physical withdrawal. He becomes anxious, he trembles and has hot/cold flushes. I'd like to see any references you can provide to back that statement up, because in my experience the truth is quite to the contrary. Physical withdrawal from meth/amphetamine dependance can be NASTY.

I was prescribed Dexamphetamine and Methylphenidate for 6 years. I can vouch for what you said yellowdart.