• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sp02 / R.D. with hydro/oxycodone

Kkaz13

Greenlighter
Hey guys, hoping for a bit of advice. I'll try to make this as brief as possible.

I daily take opiates and have been for 2 years now, minimum 40mg a day. I also have a fuckton of anxiety and am a tad bit of a hypochondriac. I only take p.k.'s though, no more benzos for me. I don't mix my opiates with anything, except for my morning dose of adderall, 10mg.

Ever since a really bad anxiety attack with opana, I have had a lot of anxiety with pain killers. Basically freaked out one night driving home, went to the hospital, they said I was fine. I only took 10mg er and then hours later 5mg. This is how it goes. Take pill, experience minor respitory depression, have major anxiety.

Almost there, thanks for staying with me...

My phone has a feature that can check your sp02, which is awesome, unless you're like me. I've noticed that when I exceed 20 oxycodone or 25mg hydrocodone, my sp02 drops to around 92%. Btw, I've verified that it is within 1% accurate. Ive seen it down to 88% though, but that was in public at a huge nerd convention. Now if I focus on my breathing and take deep breaths, I can raise it up to 96-100, but 1, that's basically fighting against the anxiety. 2, prevents me from enjoying it. And 3, prevents anything but a little stronger than mild buzz. I should note too than I am in a high altitude place, former cig smoker-now on ecigs for 2 years. It also happens mainly at the 45 min mark of dosing and lasts about an hour, then I'm goes away.

K, question time. At what point does respiratory depression become a serious concern. Can I correlate sp02 with this? At what point do I become concerned about OD?

Thanks guys, you all are awesome. Much love

You are focusing on your breathing WAY. TO. MUCH.

You're causing your own panic and anxiety. Hate to say it, but that's basically the only problem here. You're your own enemy.

If these doses of opiates that you take don't have you nodding out and struggling to stay awake, your breathing is most likely perfectly fine. There's always going to be some degree of respiratory depression when taking opiates in higher doses.

Also, you take adderall on top of it all, which will mask some of the respiratory depression, but it may also be adding to the panic/anxiety factor you're experiencing.

If you were going to stop breathing, you'd most likely pass out before you even noticed you weren't getting enough oxygen. Like I said, we are talking doses that cause intense nodding.

You really are a hypochondriac.... again, no offense. But this is all in your head.

No offense taken! I know what I am. I've accepted what I am :) And really, that is the best outcome out of all the possibilities. Being a CPP, it would suck for it to be a huge concern where I would have to go off of them.

I only take the adderall in the mornings and my "higher" dose of meds way later in the evenings, so I know it's not that. I know the come down can cause anxiety, but that's why I keep my dose really low.

I guess the good thing out of all of this is it's kept my tolerance really low over the past 2 years and I've accumulated a more than decent reserve.

Thanks so much for your reply. If anyone else can chime in about the oxygen levels, apart from the whole brain damage thing (yes I utfse) that would be great

Glad to help. To help you feel safe though, you definitely aren't causing brain damage at those oxygen levels. Normal levels range from 80-100%.

If it started to dip below 80, then you should maybe be a bit weary about dosage. Brain damage still isn't going without severe hypoxia. We are probably talking below 60% sp02 stats.