• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids sorry not sure where to ask

hotmomma86

Greenlighter
so back story been married 10 years. hubby seems to like drugs. doesnt do hard drugs often but wont deny them if offered. the confused part im having is, ive asked him to only smoke weed but he has a liking to loratabs, no doz, and addrell. i have never seen him do these things. He tells me he is not addicted but is gone a while on the same day of the month. he has left his family alone to go do them. he says that he crushes them by putting them in a bill and chewing them and then snorts them. im not sure how bad he is into them or what as this is all the info i have he lies about having them i dont know if he buys them and he can do a whole loratab 10 in a matter of hours. he had 5 pills on friday and they were gone by monday. i never seen him do them or leave to do them. Help me to figure out if he has a problem before its too late

TBH if he had 5 loratabs friday and was able to get high more than once as in if it took less than all 5 loratabs to get him goin ur probably good. one loratab 10 over several hours sounds like you have less than nothing to worry about. Most of the people i am friends do mostly psyches and rarely ever dabbel around with opiates and even so I doubt I have a single that could snort a whole loratab 10 all at once and get anything other than pissed off. What im saying is that most of the people that i encounter have very little opoid tolerance (though frequently do psychs) and even at that level it takes at least 2 more likely 3 whole loratab 10's at once to feel anything outside of placibo. This is just my opinion but it sounds to me like your housband is being reasonably conserveative with his hard drug use. I know many ppl myself included who ocasionally dabble in hard drugs without ever getting in too far or becoming a daily user. he should be ok as long as he stays at this casual level of use.

he probably does'nt have a problem as this is a very small amount. however a lot of people who use opiates do become addicted. i dont know this guy, but i've had friends who have used like this for years and they're totally fine.

however, opiate habits do start small and although - if he does get hooked - it'll take quite some time and i understand your concern as you may be worrying a lot about him moving to harder drugs.

if he's been keeping his use like this for years then he's really probably fine tho. it's when the lying and increasing use start that you need to address this.

or, maybe you could tell him how worried you are that he's taking addictive meds, but if he just says 'ok i'll stop' and then you find out he's still using this could be a bad sign. then again, if he hasnt got a problem, then it's a bit unfair to deny him this small pleasure.

i'd chill out for now, really, but maybe have a long discussion (without yelling at him or saying this is gonna lead to him shooting heroin eventually etc.) about how much you love him and dont want to see him addicted.

really though, if his use increases and you ask him to stop and he doesn't, then that's probably a sign he's going down the wrong path. at least it appear he's being honest with you though, which is a HUGE thing. mch better than if he'd been caught out.

but really, there isn't much you can do either way, so you may as well try and not worry about it.

Last edited:
also, this could be ut in sex, love and relationships too, mods, i think. seems very appropriate matter

That's what everyone else is telling me. He has been doing them if i had to guess for about 10 years, the problem i have is that it goes in ragged cycles. He has went from just pills to trying meth to cocaine. that's what scares me. But for the sake of our children i hope he is fine. Just dont want him to go down that addictive path and drag my kids with him

Have you tried to simply talk to him about it? I know its going to be tough, but just try bringing it up in a manner that doesnt shed any negative light on anyone or inspire guilt. I mean even if he were to get hooked for a bit, you love each other. If he gets sick, take care of him dont make him feel bad about it. If you support him in any way he needs, so long as not to enable it will be significant. Addiction is tricky, sometimes its a cake walk and other days its really difficult. The big thing is not to pressure him if he isnt ready, but at the same time not to build a wall which will make you resent him, since addicts often dont make the right choice unti they feel they can. Let him know what youre thinking and dont silently develop a grudge.

Thats all for the worst case, but it sounds like he has it under pretty good control. Regardless, if you care about him be there for him :)

Snorting any hydrocodone prep is a great way to reduce bioavailability and waste drugz.

Tell him to swallow them, chew them if he must and all will be well!