• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Soooo, couple of questions here..

Animoe

Bluelighter
So I'm currently prescribed 9mg XR Alprazolam daily (1 3mg pill t.i.d.) and Suboxone, I'm currently lowering my dose from 8mg to 4mg, I have done this before with little to no withdrawal symptoms so the tapering of the Suboxone is not the issue here.

My questions are:

1. I have a cold right now, and it sucks pretty bad. I've also got anxiety despite the 9mg of Alprazolam daily. Well, yesterday I took some Pseudoephedrine (120mg) and Ibuprophen (1300mg) to help with my cold (Also 3 cups of coffee within 4 hours which is a huge amount of caffeine for me). Not only did it help with my cold but it also took my anxiety away. Which is really weird for me because I NEVER take stimulants due to the anxiety they give me, even half a cup of regular coffee will send my anxiety through the roof. Anyway, knowing that Pseudoephedrine is a stimulant I expected some anxiety, but once it kicked in my cold was all but cured (for the moment), and my anxiety was completely gone. I chalked it up to maybe the stimulant effects (however weak) of the Pseudoephedrine were giving me a little boost in mood and that my anxiety would come shooting right back up once it started to wear off. But it never did. I was anxiety free for the rest of the entire day, it was amazing.

So my question, has anyone here ever experienced any kind of anxiety relief (excluding the anxiety brought on by stimulant withdrawals) from Pseudoephedrine? Or does anyone know WHY, I'm assuming it was the Pseudoephedrine, took my anxiety away?

and

2. So I've been scripted the 9mg XR Alprazolam for about 6-7 months now, and at first it worked great, I could even catch a little buzz off it if I was ever feeling tempted. But I have grown a massive tolerance to it, as expected, but I've always had huge tolerance to Benzodiazepines (i.e. When I would get my script of 60mg IR Alprazolam I would just instantly eat them all.). Anyway, as I have abused Bezodiazepines countless times in the past, I've found (especially with longer acting Benzos (i.e. Clonazepam)) that I could only ever get high off the Clonazepam once, and that was the first day I would take it. Even taking a much larger dose the second day I didn't notice any type of high or buzz whatsoever. This has also been true for shorter acting Benzos like Alprazolam IR, where if I take a huge dose, or keep re-dosing, I will come to a point where no matter how much I take, I cannot for the life of me catch even the tiniest buzz.

I've even experimented with this to see if maybe my tolerance is just way too high from taking 9mg Alprazolam XR daily. I had a bunch of extra pills, because my doctor prescribes me about a week's worth more than I need with each prescription and I also have an outside source for the 2mg IR pills for when I need the anxiety relief NOW because the XR Alprazolam takes about 30-45 minutes to kick in. Anyway, I had about 30 extra 3mg XR Alprazolam pills and 15 extra 2mg IR Alprazolam pills. So I took 24mg of the Alprazolam XR and 20mg of the Alprazolam IR, it had absolutely NO further effect than 1 3mg XR pill.

So on to the question... WHY????? Why, no matter how much I take, can I not even catch a buzz of Alprazolam anymore? And please, PLEASE do not tell me that I was actually high and I just didn't know it but everyone around me could tell. I know when I'm high on Benzodiazepines, I've been doing this shit for a LOOOOOONG time, trust me.

I just have no idea why I can't catch a buzz no matter how much I take anymore. The Alprazolam is acting like the Suboxone does! First few times you take it (If you have no tolerance to opioids, that is.), you get high, then no matter how much you take once you're addicted to opioids, it's not going to get you high due to the ceiling effect. But I have never heard of a ceiling effect with Benzodiazepines, so I'm lost.

I'm sorry that was so long winded, but I am on the Pseudoephedrine again and drinking a lot of coffee again. So I'm kinda spracked...

If anyone takes the time to read through this and give me an actual thoughtful, well thought out answer, I thank you.

many pseudoephedrine products contain antihistamines maybe that's why your anxiety was less, are you sure it was only pseudo?

To answer your second question, tolerance. Benzo tolerance is a bitch.

Yes it was just Pseudo, I make sure to check ingredients on all meds I take because some (i.e. Diphenhydramine) gives me horrible restless leg syndrome.

And you could be right, but I really don't think it's a tolerance issue. Because taking 44mg of Alprazolam would have surely gave me at least a buzz or even a little more anxiety relief compared to just one 3mg pill, would it not? Also, I'll give you an example, I got a bunch of Alprazolam 2mg IR a long time ago when I was not addicted to them and I was still constantly abusing drugs. First day, I took about 13 bars, felt great, 2nd day, I took about 15 bars, felt great, 3rd day, I took 45 fucking bars and felt NOTHING. I wasted 45 bars when I should have stopped when I wasn't getting high off 20.

Another example, I had 2 and a half grams of >99% Etizolam powder (from a trusted, reputable dealer that I do business with constantly.). I split half of it up into injectable solutions, and put the other half into capsules. First time I did it, it was amazing. I loved it. Great high. So I KNOW that it was legit Etizolam powder. For about a week I was taking upwards of 50mg a day to stay high. Then one day it just stopped working. I did the same thing with the Alprazolam in the previous example and consumed 2 whole fucking GRAMS of Etizolam. Now, I am not trying to boast my tolerance toward Benzodiazepines at all, I am just trying to paint a clearer picture of what is going on with me. Benzodiazepines would get me high for a little while, but once I cross over some kind of threshold, no matter how much I take, I can not get high. It's like my brain won't accept the Benzodiazepines. And I fucking hate it.

And thank you for your reply Trying2Iso. I really appreciate people who can add something constructive to a conversation.

Alprazolam wikipedia page
"Alprazolam and other benzodiazepines may also cause the development of physical dependence, tolerance, and benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms during rapid dose reduction or cessation of therapy after long-term treatment."
i think that may be what you mean.

I guess what I'm asking is if it is tolerance, why can I not get a buzz by taking extremely high doses of benzodiazepines? Even if I were to take my whole 270mg prescription at once I wouldn't catch a buzz. I'm just confused about why this is. I'm just confused as to why my tolerance would be so high taking 50mg a day for a week and getting high on just 50mg and then taking 2000mg (let's just approximate on the 8th day) of the same product would not get me high? Wouldn't the 2000mg in one day get me high when I had only been taking 50mg for just 7 days? It's like I run out of the chemical that the benzos produce when I've done enough and no matter what the dose it won't get me high again...

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time. Benzos just seem to 100% stop working out of the blue when I've been taking them in somewhat large quantities or for an extended period of time then just one day I can take all the xanax in the world and it not do anything.

I just really have no idea at all.

Haha 45 bars? jesus fuck.

After the initial anxiety is quelled, they don't really do that much more for ya.

So my question, has anyone here ever experienced any kind of anxiety relief (excluding the anxiety brought on by stimulant withdrawals) from Pseudoephedrine? Or does anyone know WHY, I'm assuming it was the Pseudoephedrine, took my anxiety away?

I'd say it was the caffeine: medium-large amounts can be plenty euphoric and last quite a while.