• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Sonata snorting not going so hot

DesertFox991

Greenlighter
Hey all,

Despite my years of hard drug abuse I haven’t had a lot of experiences snorting. I went to the needle early and fast and besides snorting a bit of meth here or there (and that’s unrelated to my problem - I’ll explain why in a second) it’s basically been either in my vein or not in my body.

now that I’m off the hard drugs (18 months so far!) I got prescribed Sonata for sleep. I’ve been trying to snort it (in my personal experience over the past year and a half, the “deviancy junior” angle is okay for me to live with and might even help keep me off the dope for the time being) but finding problems.

The powder inside these capsules is so very fine that when I inhale even the TINIEST bit I have to turn my head and cough because the powder hits the back of my throat instantly. I have a deviated septum so I’m generally just using my left nostril.

I tend to cut up long, skinnier lines and work my way up on them. I use a dollar bill as a straw, though tonight I’m going to actually cut a piece of straw because I went to Chick Fil-A and ordered a drink this morning lol.

Any advice? I feel like the drug is just going straight past my nasal membranes and ending up in my throat. I wish I could IV this shit, but I can’t figure out how haha. Maybe that’s for the best though.

Thanks y’all!

Don't IV pills, that's really asking for trouble.

If trying to snort it bothers you, why not dissolve the powder under your tongue? At least for the powdered drugs I have used, I found sublingual administration on par with putting it straight up your nose.

Don't IV pills, that's really asking for trouble.

If trying to snort it bothers you, why not dissolve the powder under your tongue? At least for the powdered drugs I have used, I found sublingual administration on par with putting it straight up your nose.
Oh interesting! That’s a good idea that i am definitely going to try.