• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Something went down at my Sub Doc's clinic, tapering from 16-12 mg.

Treybudd

Greenlighter
I take 6 mg a day of Alprazolam and was on 16 mg of sub until yesterday when I went in for monthly appt. with my Dr. She seemed like something just wasn't quite right. She suddenly seemed concerned about my Alprazolam potentiating my Buprenorphine even though she's known about all of my medications from the very beginning (bout 6 months ago). She also seemed very antsy in general and informed me she was no longer taking new patients and that she was "subject to the DEA just like everyone else". Honestly I have been considering beginning the tapering process for quite some time now just because I've been finding myself skipping soses certain days just because I still feel well from the previous day's dose due to the extremely long half life of bupe. I'm not too worried about the transition from 16-12 mg that I'm going through right now because I have my benzos and my weed and it honestly hasn't been all that noticeable of a change in dosage and effectiveness to me so far. I basically interpret my Sub Doc's situation and her comments as anecdotal evidence that she may have had a recent DEA visit that shook her up a little. Basically, I was wondering what to expect when transitioning from 12-8 mg because I don't know how long my doc is going to let me maintain on my preferred dosage, and I assume 12-8 will be the next step in my taper. Thanks ahead of time for any information or experience that any of my fellow bluelighters have to share. Much love- Trey

People drop down to 4mg very easily. After that it gets harder the lower you go.