• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Something safe to slow my heart rate down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh7000

Bluelighter
My whole life I've had a fast heart rate, it doesn't ever reduce no matter what. I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year from all life symptoms. I'm just wondering if there's anything safe I can take now and then just to lower it to give it chance really to relax. I just hate the idea of it being fast all the time. it just doesn't feel good. I've been to the doctors tons of times and they say it's fine. I have amitriptyline as sleep medication will this slow it? I also have pregabalin mylan for pain but I stopped that. I also use weed through a vape everyday it's by far the most helpful thing in treating my condition but it doesn't slow my heart down either. I also am a casual speed and md user. These are cool and up my alley but once again needs something for slowing down. Is there anything?

The only thing I can think of would be powerful cns depressants like opiates, barbiturates, and benzodiazepines. These are all highly addictive so not the most optimal thing to simply slow your heart rate. I believe drug suggestion threads are against the rules though.

clonidine or vistaril may help slow down your heart - also non-addictive.

Go to the GD doctor.. Don't ask heart advice from internet drug addicts.. It depends on your specific problem, which the doc will test and determine.

Beta blockers might be in store... If you do not get it checked out, you could have irreversible heart/brain damage or death.

Cardiovascular exercise and a healthy body weight along with a good diet can decrease your resting heart rate to normal. You'll also live longer, it's a win-win.

Try not to use speed or MDMA, as those are known for increasing heart rate. Good thing you quit Lyrica, the tachycardia it can produce is pretty intense. Also, please keep in mind that cannabis, as awesome of a drug that it is, is known to increase your HR especially around the 30 minute mark.

Go to the GD doctor.. Don't ask heart advice from internet drug addicts...

Probably the best piece of advice you're going to get, if I'm being honest.

I mean, trying to slow your heart rate with drugs because it's too fast seems like a bad path to go down.

Meditation, relaxation and cutting out the stimulants might be other, more healthier ways to go.

Go to the GD doctor.. Don't ask heart advice from internet drug addicts.. It depends on your specific problem, which the doc will test and determine.

Beta blockers might be in store... If you do not get it checked out, you could have irreversible heart/brain damage or death.

This

And yes clonidine might help (it might be non-addictive, but you can get rebound high bp after stopping it)

I agree with slow möbius u say that weed helps but doesn't slow down heart rate and if ur if your doctor says your fine then u might just have anxiety and your constantly anxious and paranoid about something that isn't actually a problem which weed can help with anxiety but wouldn't slow your heart rate I would talk to your doctor about u possibly having anxiety honestly

If u try that and it's not anxiety then clondiene might help with slowing your heart rate

OP said he's been cleared by doctors tons of times and everyone is reccomending that he see a doctor? Are people reading the post? High resting heart rate is rarely cause for concern unless it's accompanied by other, more serious symptoms.

It really sounds like an anxiety problem. Most doctors won't bother with looking deeper when they find nothing wrong with your heart. Just google PVCs and you'll find tons of stories of people seeing doctors and cardiologists scared to death that there's something wrong with their heart when they have a benign condition that's just being exacerbated by anxiety. If it has any association with anxiety or even just feeling on edge, you would need to specifically mention it to the doctor. They'll rarely treat a heart condition just because you 'hate the idea of it being fast'. What specifically is your usual resting heart rate and have you ever worn a holter moniter?

Also contrary to what I've seen others mention/support, do not start beta blockers if you use speed! It's usually okay at therapeutic doses, but at recreational doses, you can get something called unopposed alpha stimulation that causes a paradoxical increase in blood pressure when you take stimulant + beta blocker.

If you've been cleared by your doctors, your best bet is to keep a journal where you document your heart rate, food/drug intake, and emotions for a few days. Try to find some patterns. Taking this to a doctor could also help them identify an environmental cause. If it's bothering you as much as you say, you need to mention that your not worried about health risks, but that it's taking a toll on your everyday well being.

Good luck, and I hope you find a solution.

In the past I had some success using Benadryl. My heart rate rarely fell below 100. The best way I've been able to manage it though is through exercise, meditation, and laughter which are great at reducing stress and improving my health and self image. Best of luck to you. Oh and some doctors I've found diagnose fibromyalgia because they aren't looking hard enough. It was deemed a "junk diagnosis" however, it is possible that may be the issue. I'd suggest getting a referral to a highly recommended internal medicine doctor, and a rheumatologist. Thoroughness is how to eliminate problems as opposed to managing symptoms.

None of the professionals have diagnosed a specific arrhythmia or other identifiable problem? If you don't know if this is cardiac or anxiety or something else I wouldn't throw drugs at the problem willy-nillie hoping relief might come out of it and hopefully nothing bad happens. If you get to the point that you know the problem is tachycardia due to atrial fibrillation or generalized anxiety or something some people are likely going to be able to steer you towards things likely to help.

You've had EKGs, cardiograms, worn a halter monitor, had a stress test? Perhaps biofeedback or meditation could help? Drugs to treat an unknown problem isn't what I'd recommend.

In the past I had some success using Benadryl. My heart rate rarely fell below 100. The best way I've been able to manage it though is through exercise, meditation, and laughter which are great at reducing stress and improving my health and self image. Best of luck to you. Oh and some doctors I've found diagnose fibromyalgia because they aren't looking hard enough. It was deemed a "junk diagnosis" however, it is possible that may be the issue. I'd suggest getting a referral to a highly recommended internal medicine doctor, and a rheumatologist. Thoroughness is how to eliminate problems as opposed to managing symptoms.

I think raysu makes a great point about the fibro diagnosis being a trash bin of sorts. I too was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but that was just a doctor that didn't bother looking for the real underlying cause.

I think raysu makes a great point about the fibro diagnosis being a trash bin of sorts. I too was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but that was just a doctor that didn't bother looking for the real underlying cause.

^^ yeah ,my ma is a primary care doc and they don't believe in fibromyalgia. They think it's "bullshit".

sorry if this has been mentioned i cba to rad through all the responses but have you tried beta-blockers? things like propranalol really help

Status
Not open for further replies.