• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Something interesting i learned about Suboxone while using it for 2 years...

kurups

Bluelighter
When i started using suboxone i was put onto an 8mg a day script.

After about 6 months i decided to slowly start reducing the dosage - and what i noticed after a while kind of astonished me. I found that the lower the dose my body was used to the higher i got - has anyone else had this effect? I got far higher off of 2mg of suboxone than i ever did off of 8 (which was not high at all)

I am curious what the cause of this is and correct me if i'm wrong, but the naloxone has little to no effect when taken sublingually? So i'm assuming that the level of naloxone in the brain is not the reason.

But this is still strange to me if the above is NOT the reason as you would think, as with any drug, the higher the dose the greater the 'high'.

Can anyone shed some light?

It's called 'the less is more theory' which basically boils down to the idea that at lower doses you get more norbuprenorphine binding at the receptor, which is a full agonist as opposed to buprenorphine's partial agonism.

It's called 'the less is more theory' which basically boils down to the idea that at lower doses you get more norbuprenorphine binding at the receptor, which is a full agonist as opposed to buprenorphine's partial agonism.

Does this only apply to subs?

It applies to any preparation containing buprenorphine whether it be Suboxone, Subutex, Temegesic, etc.

Umm I've been on it for 2 years and I dont feel that way at all...

Thats teue for a loooot of folks. Check out rhe suboxone megathread. I lowered my daily intake from 8 to 2-3mg. I feel MUCH better. I experience waaay less of the negative side effects (as an IV user) such as hot/cold flashes and headache.