• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Some reflections from a 4yr Poppy Seed Tea addict and Suboxone Induction

poppy seed tea got you strung out ?

i dont know how you guys get yourselves into such deeps shit........

Let me think, poppy seed tea is basically opium tea so use your brain.

Stop being a fuck boi.

i have 10 pounds of potent fire pimp grade poppy seeds to make tea

my first batch i made monday and have not had to redose after my first cup

Holy shit I'm still flabbergasted that people are using replacement for PST seems like fighting a toothpick with a tank. Is withdrawal really that terrifying for y'all? Like I said I do it every week. Its not something I look forward to but it's manageable. No worse than having the flu. Also a couple of other side effects that I'm about to make a post about.

How do you quit something hundreds of times? Like I quit working my job, a hundred times...lol.

Quitting is easy... staying off it and not relapsing is the hard part. To the OP who said you have to face your original problems when you're clean that's spot on. The emotional problems I'm masking with the opiates keep growing and growing the longer I'm on them. Withdrawal is nothing compared to them.

Hi all,

My own experiences with mother PST vs bupe is that I'd take the pod WD over bupe WD any day of the month. I too have battled a long time with dependence on pod tea, then seed tea (seed cola, more accurately). Twice I've got on bupe, and twice I've then switched back to the tea when in proper bupe withdrawal, it's just too painful (particularly from a mental point of view, the anxiety is incredible). It's worth noting that conversely, I've quit the tea many times without bupe, with a little help from acid and DMT when going through that hellish day 3 off the tea. It's the staying quit that I have trouble with, a familiar story.

Pod tea has properly unpleasant WD, but at least for me it just resembles a bad case of the flu with anxiety thrown in for good measure. Bupe WD, on the other hand, feels wholly unnatural - pure unadulterated Foulness that just don't give up, even weeks later.

I'm just offering my two pence into this debate because I too viewed bupe as a miracle when I first started on it. The second time, I was forced into a bupe program, and complied because my hands were tied for reasons I won't go into here.

I've been a tea abuser on and off for about 8 years now. I'm still on it now, at a low dose. I'm still fighting the good fight. My 40th birthday is looming in a few years, and I'm determined not to be on the tea by then. We'll see how it pans out.

Reading your stories of such high daily fixes of seed tea, there's something else id like to mention that I have noticed. As has been mentioned, we drink this stuff for the morphine above all else. Logic dictates that what with tolerance and the rest, higher doses must be taken progressively. What I've found is that at high doses (above 500g in my case), the other alkaloids mask that lovely morphine, especially when accumulated over days, weeks and months of habitual tea drinking. This results in never feeling high, and a proper shitty comedown when you try to quit.

I would emplore my fellow tea addicts to taper down, for more reasons than one. Firstly, it'll minimise the withdrawal when it comes to quitting. Secondly, it keeps the levels of those unwanted long lasting alkaloids down, meaning that towards the end of the taper, you'll enjoy a lovely morphine melt with that morning mug of tea. I'm down to 200g a day now (down from about a kilo a day a couple of months back), and I'm feeling pretty good. I get my daily melt, and hopefully the cluck won't be quite as grim when I make that jump yet again. Hopefully this time I can crack it, I'm getting too long in the tooth. I certainly don't want the bupe replacement therapy again.

Good luck to you all, one day we'll have this monkey kicked.

So I've been on Bupe for about 1.5 years now and am thankful everyday for it..Im sure the kick might suck one day when its time. But I was just thinking about how in the depths of a tea addiction sometimes I would fantasize about 'pulling the plug on it all' so to speak, if you catch my drift..yes, it was that bad. on bupe, that thought seems like it came from a different person. In fact, my life has been wonderful..I feel amazing, I have an amazing job, an amazing girlfriend, I travel and see the world multiple times a year, I have multiple 1000's in a savings account..I go to the gym five days a week..I dont commit crimes anymore..I do fucking environmental volunteer work. I actually feel like I'm doing better than almost everyone I know, and people tell me that as well. So, some of you may think bupe is horrible but for me it has given me a life I couldnt have even dreamed of, let alone attained while in the throws of an opium addiction. Tea is serious shit. I quit buying roxy 30's because dollar for dolar, tea would get me higher. Even with a half a gram of tar in my pocket, I made some tea just to get where I want to be. So for anyone to suggest that I have somehow taken a wrong turn by going a bupe is almost laughable. Just deal with the tea withdrawals you guys say. Which is a bit absurd considering the people who adivised that ARE STILL ON TEA. As the old saying goes, if a coulda, I woulda. At some point, every failed attempt to break away from the tea just reinforced the idea that the only solution was going to be a bullet. If there is a God, then I would like to thank him/her/it for allowing bupe to be discovered in my lifetime.

Maybe I'll be on it for the next 60 years..IDK. It does seem to have a great antidepressant quality to it. But assumming I do want off, I get the privilege of doing as long and slow of a taper as I want, because the bupe has given me a life in which I can afford to do that..And because it doesnt give you a real high after some time(though I still catch a buzz for a couple hours after I take it), it doesnt tend to spiral out in the other direction. It's only a shame that the govt makes it so hard to vbe prescribed(docs can only have 30/100 patients), and the corporations make it so fucking expensive. Otherwise, for me at least, its nothing short of a miracle. Combine that with a bit of nightly medical marijuana and I letrally feel like a real human for the first time in my 31 long years of life. So you guys have your opinions, and I'll have mine. But to the girl desperately seeking help, I understand where you are, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.