• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Some ignorant questions about shooting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

class-a-team

Ex-Bluelighter
So I'm fairly new to heroin, and I want to try IV'ing to maximise my money's worth. Is it ok to attach a needle to 5ml oral syringe and shoot up using that? Also, I'm diabetic, so I do have access to insulin syringes. I've heard that a lot of heroin users use insuline syringes to IV but I'm not really sure where I get a barrel to put the heroin into? I can't just open up an insulin cartridge and replace the insulin with heroin.

There are insulin syringes as in 1ml narrow syringes with small (designed to be subcutaneous) needles attached and then there are insulin syringes as in pre-filled cartridge-style syringes or pens - most people mean the former when talking about insulin syringes for shooting p.

The size of the barrel doesn't matter so much, but you want a small gauge needle (eg 25/27 gauge) so you minimise damage to your veins. 5ml is might make it hard to judge how much you are giving yourself I guess, most people use smaller. Are there any needle exchanged near you?

Make sure you have a good technique, rotate your sites and look after your veins. Never use a needle more than once, even on yourself (obviously don't share!) Be around someone the first time you do it, just in case, and always be alert to the possibility of ODing - usualy best to always be with someone and make sure you'd know what to do if they OD'd.

I'm not an IV heroin user though so I will let someone else take over now! Stay safe <3 are you sure you want to go down this dark and slippery path?

IF the 5ml oral syringe is brand new and has the correct attachment for a needle, it could work. However, you're better off using a new rig and needle each time, which would make the syringe expensive. You are better off using sterile, empty insulin syringes and needles.

Effie is right that a smaller needle (higher gauge number) is preferable. I don't know any users who use a 25g needle to IV...most of us would see that as along the lines of shoving a garden hose into our arm. I personally use 27g, but even that is considered large by many who use 29, 30 or even 31g needles. It's very important to use fresh, sterile needles each time to minimize damage and prevent infection.

Also, if you want to IV, it's your choice. But please don't think that it really is a rational argument that it is "to maximise my money's worth." First of all, the costs of safe IVing and the health risks totally outweigh the more bang for your buck theory. But really, in general, the only thing that it maximizes is the rush, and maybe the first few hits. After that, it increases your tolerance so much that it's way more expensive in the long run. A high from IV lasts less time, too. My point is, it's different. Some people shoot up, other don't. Health-wise, if you can avoid it, you're better off, but if you're going to do it, do it carefully and safely. But don't pretend it's about saving money.

^ yeah 25 is pretty large actually. The smaller the better! :)

Well said about the money thing too. IVing is a choice you are free to make, class-a-team, but you need to be clear headed about why you are doing it and what the repurcussions are. Having said that, people here won't judge you and tell you what to do, and will answer all your questions about how to do it safely. I just can't help making sure you have thought this through, especially as you are "fairly new to heroin"..

There are insulin syringes as in 1ml narrow syringes with small (designed to be subcutaneous) needles attached and then there are insulin syringes as in pre-filled cartridge-style syringes or pens - most people mean the former when talking about insulin syringes for shooting p.

I use two different types of syringes, but from what you're saying probably neither are suitable for shooting up. One is the disposable pen - totally useless for any illicit activities - and the other is the cartridge style pen. Would it be possible to use the latter for this purpose in any way?

Thanks for all your help. :)

IF the 5ml oral syringe is brand new and has the correct attachment for a needle, it could work. However, you're better off using a new rig and needle each time, which would make the syringe expensive. You are better off using sterile, empty insulin syringes and needles.

I bought the syringe, but it doesn't have the correct attachment for a needle so I put it on a hob and melted it to stick to a needle with a gauge measuring somewhere between 28g and 32g. Would this be ok or would I be totally irresponsible using this to shoot up?

I've smoked it and snorted it only to be told that chasing is wasteful and Irish heroin shouldn't be snorted so I guess I just want to experience what it's like to IV.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Yes, using a melted ghetto rigged 'syringe' you fashioned would be incredibly irresponsible and totally out of line with harm reduction, and sterility. I don't know where you live or what the laws are, but do they sell syringes over the counter in pharmacies? If not, there is bound to be a syringe exchange somewhere in your area.. Otherwise, you can order syringes via the internet at a very low cost.. You don't want to re-use syinges, even twice.

Try the pharmacy. Just make sure you know what you are asking for so you don't come off as a junky. But if you are diabetic, you can bring you insulin as proof and it shouldn't be a problem. Just ask for, for example - "A box of 30 gauge, short tipped 1cc insulin syringes, please".

But if you are serious about shooting up, PLEASE do all the research necessary, and then read it again. Then again. Here on bluelight, we have an injection mega thread, which you can find via the search engine. This should help you greatly. Also there's a website called herion helper that is very informative. But if you are dead set on injecting, it is imperative you know EVERYTHING you need to know about how to inject properly, safely, and cleanly. Trying to learn how to shoot up and not being as safe as possible is a recipe for disaster.

Injecting is NOT to be taken lightly. It is a very slippery slope and I hope you are very aware of the pros/cons of doing so. If I could go back a few years and stop myself from learning how to shoot up, I DEFINITELY would.. It's been nothing but trouble for me in my life, and most others can attest to this as well.

Also, do you know anyone in real life who shoots up? If so, it would be a good idea to have them show you how to do it. This will be much easier than trying to teach yourself, since the internet can only show you so much. It will probably take some trial and error.

fuckin a. Look at the links in my signature.

You need this kind of syringe: here or here

can we spoon-feed you any more information this evening?

I have been shooting herion multiple times a day for the last 15yrs. I have used up all my veins in my arm, hand, foot, ankle and even my palm which really hurts. I am unable to hit my neck even with my vast exp at shooting. Over the last wk I have moved up my leg into my thigh. Which after shooting there last night I woke up with the back side of my thigh by my knee hurting and having trouble walking. Where I shot last night was know where close to there. Can someone tell me what I might have did and also some suggestions as what I can do about my lack of vein problems. I know all the normal tricks- drinking water, hot showers and exercise. Had some luck taking a blood pressure pill but I can't get anymore.

Nice opening a 5 year old thread. I'm closing this. UTFSE or start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.