Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Some basic meth questions

WhiteIB

Bluelighter
I tried some meth for the first time not long ago. My expectaion based on what I have read on this site in the past, turned out to be quite wrong in practice. So just hoping a few of you can put a few opinions/experiences forward here.

First thing, and the most surprising to me, is that I have always heard that smoking meth gives you an almost instant high. I have always heard that it hit you virtually as soon as you inhale it. I found this not to be the case at all. Whenever I have spoken to people who smoke meth, they always point to the centre of their forehead and say "hits you straight in the head". For me, it took a fair whille to get it all to turn the whole amount to smoke, and even after spending 10 mins puffing away on it, it took a further 15 mins or so before it really kicked in properly. So my question here is, is this a normal thing, or just a symptom of being a first time user?

Based on the above, in terms of administration, whats the point of smoking it? Seems like a gaint pain in the arse, and just snorting or eating it would be alot more practical and efficient. How punch do you think you lose from snorting or eating it as opposed to smoking it?

Thirdly, what is your opinion of a decent hit for someone with little/no tolerance? Im thinking about .5g, but thats just a guess. And what i mean by a decent hit is an amount which lets you have significant fun on the night, but doesnt keep you in that miserable state of alertness where you cant sleep for the next 72 hours. There has to some point of diminishing returns with regard to this. Whats you opinion of the best point to draw the line?

Fourthly, what is it about meth which make it so powerfully addictive? Im always hearing horror stories about people get hooked on it, and getting hooked really fast. From what I experienced, I dont know why this would be. I mean, its not like it was all that good, it was better than speed, but thats just because speed is so crap. So why is it that people get sucked in so easily? Is it just one of those idiotic myths which never actually happens unless you are puffing away on a daily basis?

Just one more, how well do you think meth and alcohol go together? I know that dex and booze is heaps more fun than just dex alone, is this the case for with meth too? Or do you find that drinking is detrimental to your experience i.e does it just deaden it off abit?

Its always nice to hear from someone who's been there first, no point in re-inventing the wheel. So thanks in advance for any replies you take the time to write.

I don't know what substance you're buying or how much your dealer gives you in '1g', but .5g is a huge amount of smokeable meth in my opinion.

People smoke meth because it gives you a huge rush that builds within moments of smoking a hit, and it like a totally different experience with that method of administration. Sure, it still keeps you awake for hours, either way.

Don't believe it's a myth, many people will chase the rush until its all gone, it's a powerful urge to repeat the experience, even if you do realise that the rush goes away after 30 minutes and you're still going to be speeding hard for hours and unable to sleep for half a day or more.

I hope you mean 0.05g ... but if you are accustomed to using speed a LOT maybe you're tolerant to the effect and are looking for something that isn't there?

BigTrancer :)

^ Good words.

With many first-time drug experiences, it's interesting to see (in my observation) that the user doesn't necessarily find that the effects they feel live up to their expectations of the drug - often, the user reacts with surprise to how mild the intoxication seems. Over time, as experience with the given drug builds, you develop a keener sense of the whole drug effect and its chronology, and this makes it much more easy to tune into the experience and understand it, and in turn your appreciation of what the drug does for you increases, because you feel like you know the drug better. It's a bit hard to explain, but that is essentially my observation with most drugs I've courted over the past years.

A guy I knew liked meth, and smoked up over time, but only after gaining a fair bit of experience with the drug did he begin to appreciate how intense the feeling is when you lung a king bowl. Initially, he felt the same way that you did - i.e. after all the hype about how intense the rush is meant to be, you would have expected your head to explode into a billion chunks after a whiff from the pipe. But that wasn't the case - it took him a while to tune into the high it creates, but when he did, he then began to get into the nice big puffs that (after creating the right atmosphere with some good music :)) can have you sitting in your room feeling intensely mad.

And like BigTrancer said, that rush is fleeting and soon fades, leaving you with the methamphetamine stimulation, which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't sit in such stark contrast to the intensity of the euphoria that you felt after your initial toke.

And that is the point of smoking it - it's a trade-off. You give up the less intense but sustained high that meth can give you, in return for a king hit which soon subsides and leaves you sitting there going "fuck, being awake and amped is kinda pointless if i'm agitated and cringing for a return to that blast after the meth first hit my lungs" - and the only way to get that intense 'rush' is via a method of administration that yields the suitable pharmacokinetic profile; i.e. very high initial concentration of meth in your blood, which is then metabolised relatively quickly to a more conservative concentration, like that which you might expect from oral ingestion. The main two methods used to achieve that very high blood concentration are smoking and injecting.

So while smoking initially seems like a whole lot of bullshit to go through to get a bit of speed into ya, it's easy to keep dabbling in it here and there until you fall in love with the ritual of the sacramental smokey bowl and the special (yet pretty useless and fleeting) feeling of pleasure that it creates.

There are many things that make it very addictive. I won't go into it in too much depth here, but a number of factors exist that are useful in determining the 'abuse potential' of a drug. For example, with smoked methamphetamine:
--you have the intense but short-lived high, so that once the rush wears off, you have a strong desire to return to it, and the compulsion is strong.
--there is strong positive reinforcement associated with the act of smoking, because it is such a direct and rapid method of delivery, it is easy to just pick it up and get stuck into it as a means of bringing you right back up again.
--it is a drug that gives the user a relatively mild intoxication, so many people can justify regular use because they can be productively euphoric on it, and then they can use it to party too, and eventually they enter the mindset that meth is an easy way to live a life of herculean achievement, until tolerance, lack of food and sleep etc. come around to bite them in the bum.

As for meth and alcohol; meth will up your tolerance to the depressant effect of booze heaps, and you can drink like a veteran alcoholic and still keep it together, which might impress your buddies and any chicky babes who are after a man who can hold his ale, but your liver and body won't be overjoyed by the combination. Most important thing to be wary of is the possibility of forgetting that even though you are tolerating the booze well in terms of your psychomotor and psychological function, your body is still having to deal with the loads of poisonous solvent that you are pouring down your hatch, and many people end up fucking up and giving themselves physiological alcohol poisoning when they combine their boozing with stimulants, so just always be mindful of the fact that you need to control how much you drink, even if you barely feel pissed.

Now go find a gutter to call home buddy, because you'll be a tweaking toothless freak in no time :D

Im quite sure what i have is a gram or close to it. Visually it looks like alot of small white chunks all smaller than a grain of sugar. Has a very sour taste with a chemically bitter edge to it. Has a fairly stong smell to it, smells "plasticy" is all i can describe it as. And it burned like hell when i snorted even a very small amount. Sound like meth to you guys? I took a picture of it which i can email to someone to help me get a more certain ID on it, but im not all that keen on spaming on the forum here.

Having done a little more reading, i think the main reason i didnt ge the instant hit i expected is firstly i used a very small amount, and on top of that i think i burned it pretty badly.

PS an interesting thing happened when i was looking for the camera to take the photo. The camera was in my little brothers room, and in the process of looking for it i found he had a crack pipe in his drawer. How fucking random is that, I had no idea he had gone quite this far so rapidly. Hard to know what to say to him really because I know hes not going to listen anyway, but i doubt he has even close to as much respect for the drug as he probably should :/

Yeah i was gunna say it's probably your smoking technique, im far from an expert so i won't explain what i think is the best method and it sounds like you've found other advice on how to smoke it. In reference to feeling the rush and good combos i reckon packing a cone leaving the bong in front of you and the second you finish taking some good hits pass off/put down the crackie hit the cone and try to sink it in one (repeat if necessary), i think this combo is awesome even if you don't normally like weed one cone when flying high on meth won't get you stoned but it seems to really poteniate the rush, if you let the meth wear off and keep pulling cones you might feel start to feel stoned but if you weed its damn good high imo.

WhiteIB said:
The camera was in my little brothers room, and in the process of looking for it i found he had a crack pipe in his drawer. How fucking random is that, I had no idea he had gone quite this far so rapidly. Hard to know what to say to him really because I know hes not going to listen anyway, but i doubt he has even close to as much respect for the drug as he probably should :/

Well if hes young like it sounds like he, i'd break the fucking thing in front of him. I don't normally advocate a 'zero tolerance' approach to drugs but smoking ice can lead to some seriously fucked things. I don't believe you can care that it makes you a hypocrite i think you just have to give him the message you don't think it's at all acceptable and you're gunna fucking pissed and do everything you can to stop him if you find out about it. You might wanna say, like maybe a couple days after you do that, that you'll stop him smoking if possible but if he continues on anyway and he ever gets in trouble you'll still be there to try and help him out of it esp. if he wants to quit/cut down. Thats what i think anway it could well be shit advice coz its fucking hard to know how deal with situations like this.

dabb said:
I don't normally advocate a 'zero tolerance' approach to drugs but smoking ice can lead to some seriously fucked things.
Quoted for truth. I don't believe in zero tolerance or stigmatising particular drugs, but I can tell you that meth makes me behave like a raging dickhead. And I'm old enough to know better :p

It definitely sounds like you're burning it. Meth should be vapourised, not burned - that means the flame doesn't need to come into contact with the bowl. Hence, you should be able to see a state change from solid, through liquid, to vapour (gas? science types, please help!) which you inhale. When you remove the heat, any product that isn't inhaled should recrystallise in a short period of time (perhaps about 30 seconds, depending on the room's ambient temperature and the heat/thickness of the glass).

There are a couple of great 'meth smoking tips' threads in the "Other Drugs" forum; back in the day a number of posters (myself *sigh* included) put significant detail into getting the best technique. Pretty much all those guys have been through major meth issues and given it up (myself *yay* included). Proceed with caution, I think is the key message.

Make sure you move lighter away if you can see the meth starting to bubble, you get a better hit rolling the pipe while smoking the meth, than leaving lighter under glass until it goes black? also to clean the pipe in case other contaminants like a small piece of tobacco falling into pipe or lint/dust.. Just a thought..

^^ Just a little too detailed there person ;)

i was going to add my 2 cents but it seems as though theres more then enough coinage in this thread.

IMO, meth is a little over-hyped in terms of effects. What Big Trancer said, was right on the nose though, it does appear to be more seductive to those who are well experienced to the drug.

I personally feel that for a person with no tolerance, 0.2 (2 points) should be ample ammount to appreciate what meth has to offer. Any more than this can produce a pretty nasty, edgey, twacked out kinda rush, leaving you regretting ever tried it.

Na na na.

Pack that shit up in the pipe.

Heat it, melt it down.....if it bubbles, usually it is tainted with MSM.

Real Methylamphetamine can withstand a bit of heat. If it takes ages to melt down, you have Meth, if it flows like a river and requires little heat, then you have MSM.

IMO, if you have MSM + Meth, and you take your first big toke/cloud, then IMO you will not feel the full effects of that Meth toke. MSM makes you feel like shit, your skin feel like shit, oiley. Makes your hairs on your arms move making you think you have bugs on you.

I can go on.

Roast the shit outta the pipe, by applying alot of heat and then blowing it out. The pipe bowl should kinda look like Feathers..and not be clouded. And not pinwheels because thats pseudoephedrine.

Remember to roll that pipe when smoking it.

Hope that helps. I love meth, and everything associated with it.

sounds like a crap half weight to me...if you had got the real thing this post wouldnt of even eventuated me thinks :p

yep, sounds like you got sold shite! i've been using meth for sometime now and i've never had meth that had a real smell to it, it's fairly odourless substance...and you say it had a sour taste...? mmm dont sound like meth to me. U will know when u have really nice meth when you get that first taste after you lick your lips!! and you'll know in your head, this is the shitt! :) I started out smoking meth, i now inject it (sometimes smoke with my girlfriend) and that also give u a good indication of meth, you'll get a chemy taste, hot breath, an intense rush and this floating feeling...it's just an experience you can not really describe! Oh yer and good meth should smoke for a decent amount of time depending on how much you put in, if it's going very quick you've got shit! my 2 cents.

Amen

Werd.

Smoking shit makes you feel even worse. Try smoking street-grade gear...20-50% for a year, then start smoking acetone-washed gear.....you'll notice the difference and you might find you smoke less...you'll be surprised on how much gear is cut !!

IMO. smoking with MSM makes you feel seedy ass, and dulls the meth high. So wash that shit.

"U will know when u have really nice meth when you get that first taste after you lick your lips!! and you'll know in your head, this is the shitt!"

Is exactly how i'd describe top quality fucking meth!!

Fuck, smoking meth sux... crappest drug out...

and yes, im an accomplished meth smoker...

crystal, rock, powder you name it.

Heaps of just pure crystal msm is being sold off as meth, all over the show.. fucking crap shit.

I've not smoked good meth in a few months, thus refuse to blow my money on anything without having tried it first.

The effects of even good meth suck, purely for the evil after effects.

i wont bother with it unless i have some kind of downer (not weed) ie: benzo/g/1,4-b to take on the come down... or grog...

Caffeine cut is quite common also..

does anyone have a link for directions on doing a general acetone wash?

Methylamphetamine still burns if lighter/gas torch is left too long, I am unaware of MSM, as I hate that oily skin feeling, the best ice I got here in NZ is as clear as glass, and practically leaves no residue in the pipe, or if so then just a quick wipe with a cottonbud/cig filter, or the slightly yellowish ice. The cloudy looking ice that ive had makes my skin really oily and x2 sweating. Thanks learn something new everyday+my hit of gbl starting to take affect hehe..

Cloudiness is MSM

Should be clear as maybe with lines through it. Or opaque pure white.

I have found alot of people say this...

But try this then you know. Get drunk, then smoke a hit... take you out of drunkeness instantly, then you will know. If not than you are not getting meth/Ice!

As for the torch, lighter etc... I have found too many people trying to burn it, rather than melt and swirl around the bowl, then smoulder up nicely! Too much heat just burns your gear and cakes it into the bowl then you gota clean the pipe again!

SepcTBK=D

also don't be fooled by big rocks in a bag! as they say dont judge a book by it's cover...that applies well to meth! ive bought/sold meth which had finer little rocks along with bigger rocks and believe me the finer stuff can be just as good if not better then the chunkier rocks in the bags. In conclusion "bigger isnt always better". like koston said you want clear crystals, not cloudy white crystals....generally the cloudy shit is crappy re-rocked meth, so punch your supplier in the head next time he sells you that shit! Try a dual-solvent re-xtalization on you gear and see what ya get!!