• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

solubility of diacetylmorphine-HCl in cold water (removing cut from street heroin)

vultdweller

Greenlighter
hi everyone, im kind of new here and was excited to read some the great discussions in the forum

background:
street H (the off-white, pale yellow includes cutting agents which are variously soluble in water

some of these [allegedly inert] compounds seem to cause side effects (responses not reported in clinical testing of the active ingredient) after IV administration including skin inflammation

previously reported precipitation and re-crystalization protocols often include solvents which are difficult to obtain on the consumer market or are only obtainable in formulations of unknown dilution or that may include harmful or unknown synthesis byproducts, catalysts, etc

so it is of interest to optimize a solvation protocol for street H that does not involve precipitation and limits the solvation of these harmful cutting agents

sure one can use some low pH buffer with heat to make sure every last molecule of H makes it into solution but that is going to be a crappy hit. water and centrifugation seem to be ok, but invariably the solution still contains stuff that causes probs

question:
what is the cold water solubility of some of the more common cutting agents and what other conditions can be easily tweaked to favor H solubility when prepping a hit?

thanks alot

Last edited:
its impossible for us to know what your stuff is cut with, if you are in the midwest chicago area there is a good chance it is cut with Dorman which is a OTC sleep-aid which is just diphenhydramine, on the east coast i think lactose is more commonly used, I am not sure on that though but still even if you are in those areas it is impossible to tell what they use to cut it with and it could vary between different dealers and even different batches, as the low level dealers stuff they get is often times already cut and they might cut it again.

You have to know what your suff is cut with before you start removing cuts. You obviously don't have the capacity to do that.

Heroin salts are very soluble in cold water. So are amphetamines, diphenhydramine, other opioids, and any other alkaloidal components...

Any US dealer cutting dope with cocaine is either a psychopath or an idiot, imo. Makes no sense monetarily, and may cause the death of valuable customers. This had been covered before though, so I'll leave it at- your dope isn't cut with cocaine. Even if it numbs the tongue that's not an indication of cocaine by any means.

I cringe for the day when some assholes starts cutting dope with a water soluble RC benzo. Some customers would love it, others would straight up die.

Any US dealer cutting dope with cocaine is either a psychopath or an idiot, imo. Makes no sense monetarily, and may cause the death of valuable customers. This had been covered before though, so I'll leave it at- your dope isn't cut with cocaine. Even if it numbs the tongue that's not an indication of cocaine by any means.

I cringe for the day when some assholes starts cutting dope with a water soluble RC benzo. Some customers would love it, others would straight up die.

I guess we will never know what the ass made up, a total loss for sure! I'm not killing myself or anyone else

You have to know what your suff is cut with before you start removing cuts. You obviously don't have the capacity to do that.

Heroin salts are very soluble in cold water. So are amphetamines, diphenhydramine, other opioids, and any other alkaloidal components...

Morphine Sulfate has a max solubility of 60mg/1mL in (20°C) water and (IIRC) 14-Hydroxydihydrocodeinone (Oxycodone) HCl only has a solubility of 166mg/1mL. However, Dihydromorphinone (Hydromorphone) HCl has a max solubility of 333mg/1mL.