• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sodium Ascorbate (Vit C) for opiate withdrawal

Its assuredly not this easy. Giant doses of vitamin C will do nothing for severe opioid withdrawal.

Then again, ive never tried it so how can i be sure 🤔
I'm not expecting it to completely fix it, just make it a bit easier together with low dose loperamide and a low dose of kratom the first few days. My adventure with ULDN hasn't worked that great.(I remember writing about that with you in another topic) I somehow started to dose higher again, at first the ULDN lowered my tolerance it felt like. Could get by on 40-50mg of O-DSMT. Now I'm taking 150mg again and I don't really get that high... I've also upped the ULDN dosage tho, so maybe that is effecting how much I can feel the opiates. The ULDN is definitely making the withdrawals feel less bad already but they are still clearly there. I'm hoping sodium ascorbate might help to take the edge off even more. We'll see.

I have checked with my Doc - mega dosing Vit C is not a problem at all.

I can also attest to the fact that it works. I have stopped Suboxone four times using Sodium Ascorbate fine crystals (mixed in Gatorade). Loperimide will not mitigate diarreaha but as we know, it acts on opiode receptors in the gut (does not cross the blood brain barrier). It helps as does Magnesium for restless legs - you will twitch just bit but only when you think about it. It's how our minds work. Start the process the day before you jump.

Best of luck to all.

Are you taking 5 grams every two hours? Can you take a multivitamin mineral and eat alot of high potasssium foods i think that much sodium ions can disrupt the careful balance of potassium and other minerals
The sodium content of 5 grams Of sodium ascorbate is 500 mg.

I have checked with my Doc - mega dosing Vit C is not a problem at all.

I can also attest to the fact that it works. I have stopped Suboxone four times using Sodium Ascorbate fine crystals (mixed in Gatorade). Loperimide will not mitigate diarreaha but as we know, it acts on opiode receptors in the gut (does not cross the blood brain barrier). It helps as does Magnesium for restless legs - you will twitch just bit but only when you think about it. It's how our minds work. Start the process the day before you jump.

Best of luck to all.
Have you tried liposomal vitamin C? It doesn't cause diarrhea even in 10 g doses at a time.

I routinely take it 4 g at a time for up to 30 g in a day with absolutely no diarrhea.

Just thought you might want to avoid the diarrhea and maybe not as much salt?