• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids soaking embeda- can u plug it?

Sasha88

Bluelighter
Hi all -
plugging question-
so I get embeda, which sucks or did til this site helped me find a better way to use it (thank u).
If u open it up and let the beads soak in anything acidic ... or in my experience, even in plain water, u can drink it and the beads (don't chew them) and get high or at least stave off withdrawal very very well. But if u just swallow the pill, nothing.

if I just soaked them in water, could I plug the water and swallow the beads? Does morphine have a higher bio going that route than oral? Thoughts?
id assume I wouldn't go into percipitated withdrawal if drinking the liquid doesn't trigger that... then why would plugging? Probably it's safe to do so... but I wanted to ask.

im just looking for the best bang for my buck. Things are getting desperate over here!

also is it weird that I can feel the effects if the beads sit in plain water for 15-20min tops? I mean I've let it sit in lemon juice or Coke for an hour or more and I feel like the effects are the same as the water soak.

thanks all!
sasha

Hey Sasha,
So I'm confident that embedda sized Naloxone doses are poorly absorbed through the oral route and does not reach centrally acting levels that would cause precipitated W/D's but plugging bypasses the Hepatic Portae and therefore first pass metabolism which might increase it's BA significantly. Naloxone has been reported to become active through insufflation (at doses that are not active orally), which also bypasses first pass met.

I'd go slow with the plugging route till you've titrated up to a decent dose without antagonist problems. A large dose could put you in a world of hurt for a while.

Hi my friend!!! :)
Hmm ok... so I wanna make sure I understand:
So if I was to plug only the water the beads soaked in, but not the beads themselves, you think die tomthe ROA it could make me sick from the naloxone, even though I'm not crushing the beads?

i thought that the naloxone was sequestered inside wax beads and could only open if u crushed them.
are u saying that when I soak the beads, that some of that drug still wiggles its way out of the wax bead abdvgets released (along w the morphine) in the water and if I plug it it won't by pass the right mechanisms and I'll end up feeling whatever naloxone gets in the water? I wouldn't be crushing these beads at all, just soaking them....

anyway i I was just curious cause if the naloxone (that's sure annoying to spell!) stays in the beads or a negligible amount is released in the water... and I can plug it and have the morphine hit harder, that's what I'd want. But I sure don't want to risk precipitated w/ds!

man, if u told me I'd be asking this question 20 years ago... sigh.... lol

thanks for replying!!

Embeda plug whole

If you crush it you would release Narcan (basically). I start my script tomorrow. With Narcan not being absorbed could the capsule be used whole, allowing the higher bioavailability of rectal delivery? BIO-av is like 35% oral and 75% rectal, so it's a big advantage if it can be delivered as such. THANKS!

If you crush it you would release Narcan (basically). I start my script tomorrow. With Narcan not being absorbed could the capsule be used whole, allowing the higher bioavailability of rectal delivery? BIO-av is like 35% oral and 75% rectal, so it's a big advantage if it can be delivered as such. THANKS!

So I'm confident that embedda sized Naloxone doses are poorly absorbed through the oral route and does not reach centrally acting levels that would cause precipitated W/D's but plugging bypasses the Hepatic Portae and therefore first pass metabolism which might increase it's BA significantly. Naloxone has been reported to become active through insufflation (at doses that are not active orally), which also bypasses first pass met.

So since different areas of the bum absorb straight into the bloodstream (lower) and some areas absorb through the liver via hepatic portal (higher) I would say plugging Embeda is very risky and likely for PWD or no effect of the MS if you have zero tolerance.

So since different areas of the bum absorb straight into the bloodstream (lower) and some areas absorb through the liver via hepatic portal (higher) I would say plugging Embeda is very risky and likely for PWD or no effect of the MS if you have zero tolerance.

Qft
Only the blood vessels of the last 2/3 of the rectum go directly to the venase cavae leading to direct systemic circulation while the upper go to the portal vein leading to the liver thus resulting in first-pass metabolism. The rectum is normally around 12 cm (=4.7 in) long, so 2/3 of that is 8 cm, but for it to not leak out you'd want to have it around 5 cm up, so you effectively have around 3 cm that are usable.