• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe So you can IV suboxone no problem?

I know a person who has been using IV suboxone for a year and a half now. It's much better than orally. The half life is significantly reduced, and He only needs to space out 2 mgs throughout the whole day. Don't inject more than a mg because as others have stated it is pointless. He just dropped from 4mg to 2 mg a few weeks ago and has noticed zero side affects. Less is more when IVing

I feel like less is more with IVing but only to a certain extent! If I slam anything less than 1mg of bupe, I don't feel shit, I mean I feel "better" and well, not sick or anything... but if I do like 2mg a shot, I feel fucking perfect, at least with just straight buprenorphine(subutex). I do these 2mg shots usually 3-4x a day, doing in total around a whole 8mg tablet, every 3-5 hours or so.. or when I feel the effects start to wear off.. This is just my experience with IV subs, I have also had success shooting suboxone, and zubsolv, but as far as suboxone goes, the only ones I liked were the white half-moon tabs, not the brand name strips... fuck that, those are wayyy worse (so I have heard) for you than shooting the tabs, and I know the naloxone in suboxone and zubsolv supposed to be completely ineffective, and for the most part it is, but I still like the feeling I get from subutex, more than any buprenorphine/naloxone pills that I have shot, and no it is not in my head, I have literally more than a few times done a shot of suboxone and then a shot of subutex in one day, and the feeling I got from the 'tex, was much stronger and sedating feeling, the suboxone had more of an energetic feel to it, and wasn't as strong feeling to me. Lots of people like to do microgram doses with bupe, however, I have never once been happy doing microgram shots, like less than 0.2-0.5mg of sub... I get literally nothing, feels like I shot water alone. 2mg of 'tex, for the first 30 mins or so after being shot, has me feeling GREAT! I mean as far as bupe goes... I actually sometimes feel as if I am on a full agonist, will catch a slight nod, and be all nice and relaxed, while laying on my bed, eyes feeling like they are glued shut for the first 10mins after the shot.. its amazing, how good bupe can actually feel.. some don't get anything from bupe, just well and not dopesick any more.. I actually get high from bupe, when IVed. I don't feel any different, if anything not as good, from shots over 4mg at a time though... which is why I said less is more, to an extent. But everyone reacts very different to bupe.. some love the feeling of a good shot or however you take it... some hate it and some just take it to feel normal, not high, but not sick and get nothing more.

I feel like less is more with IVing but only to a certain extent! If I slam anything less than 1mg of bupe, I don't feel shit, I mean I feel "better" and well, not sick or anything... but if I do like 2mg a shot, I feel fucking perfect, at least with just straight buprenorphine(subutex). I do these 2mg shots usually 3-4x a day, doing in total around a whole 8mg tablet, every 3-5 hours or so.. or when I feel the effects start to wear off.. This is just my experience with IV subs, I have also had success shooting suboxone, and zubsolv, but as far as suboxone goes, the only ones I liked were the white half-moon tabs, not the brand name strips... fuck that, those are wayyy worse (so I have heard) for you than shooting the tabs, and I know the naloxone in suboxone and zubsolv supposed to be completely ineffective, and for the most part it is, but I still like the feeling I get from subutex, more than any buprenorphine/naloxone pills that I have shot, and no it is not in my head, I have literally more than a few times done a shot of suboxone and then a shot of subutex in one day, and the feeling I got from the 'tex, was much stronger and sedating feeling, the suboxone had more of an energetic feel to it, and wasn't as strong feeling to me. Lots of people like to do microgram doses with bupe, however, I have never once been happy doing microgram shots, like less than 0.2-0.5mg of sub... I get literally nothing, feels like I shot water alone. 2mg of 'tex, for the first 30 mins or so after being shot, has me feeling GREAT! I mean as far as bupe goes... I actually sometimes feel as if I am on a full agonist, will catch a slight nod, and be all nice and relaxed, while laying on my bed, eyes feeling like they are glued shut for the first 10mins after the shot.. its amazing, how good bupe can actually feel.. some don't get anything from bupe, just well and not dopesick any more.. I actually get high from bupe, when IVed. I don't feel any different, if anything not as good, from shots over 4mg at a time though... which is why I said less is more, to an extent. But everyone reacts very different to bupe.. some love the feeling of a good shot or however you take it... some hate it and some just take it to feel normal, not high, but not sick and get nothing more.

It does vary per person. I use micrograms per shot (imagine spacing 2 mgs throughout the day) and it works. I have a long history of opiate abuse and a have used suboxone orally, but this has become my preferred method. I'd like to add that I take the small white subutex pills which I feel, can't be sure, have very little fillers and no nalozone. Compared to the other versions, they're a quarter of the size of a orange suboxone and like half the size of the normal white suboxone pills so it seems to be a more direct hit, which is why the drop from 4-2mg didn't affect me. Just my observation though.

Also, I do not get high. At all. I do this for maintenance. Getting high off suboxone only happens in the beginning not after prolonged use.

Last edited:
See, i noticed with those smaller white ones, some were like not as potenet as others.... i tried those like 2 years ago maybe there better now, I love the Big white ones, but yea theres a lot of fillers so if your IV'ing you NEED a wheel filter... No matter what pill your shooting, YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED A WHEEL FILTER. If you do not have a wheel filter, PLUG them, its literally the same thing... you feel it in a matter of minutes.

DO NOT SHOOT PILLS UNLESS YOU HAVE A MICRO/WHEEL FILTER. PLEASE.

But yes you can shoot SUBUTEX / SUBOXONE and you wont go into PWD or w/d whatever you want to call it. Idk why sometimes randomly you will get the 1 person out of 20 that says "Oh i shot suboxone and i went into w/d" he obviously had other OPIATES in his system and wasnt in W/d when he shot up putting him into PWD

Yeah a wheel filter is essential. I never shoot up when switching from opiates to suboxone for the first dose. For some reason, if it doesn't put in PWD you still feel shitty. For the first dose put it under your mouth and once the bupe has had a chance to bind to the receptors you can start to inject. There is so much misinformation about IV sub use. I won't encourage anyone to do this, but there are safe ways to do it.

ive shot it a handful of times....not withdrawals precipitated. its very thick goo that makes your veins hard after and leaves a bump...can't be good for u. no high and not worth it...other ways to get high BA

If you decide to shoot it at least use a micron filter, people lost their arms to shooting suboxone

if you have recently taken h (within 72 hours) i'd advise against taking bup... in my experience it causes the opposite effect of what you want (i.e. withdrawal). I could be totally wrong here but this is what ive always been told and experienced first hand.

Yes. This. Unless it was a day or two relapse but even then Id wait a minimum 24 hrs. I know bc I just did it. Had like 6 months clean (suboxone maintenance) and relapsed for a couple days on H. I got on BL to fimd out when Id be safe to go back to subs bc Ive done it too early before. I didnt go into PW bc I didnt have a dope "habit", but it was a fucked up feeling for a little while that I didnt want to relive if I didnt have to. I just now went about 24 hours without anything, shot 1 mlg sub and slowly started feeling better, I was feeling depressed from the lack of drugs and some personal shit going on. About an hour later (just now) I shot another mlg and Im feeling mighty fine. But I do it bc I have a gnarly needle obsession. Ive tried plugging when I dont have a rig but it doesnt do shit for me, pun intended. And I know the dangers in shooting it, I really just dont give a fuck anymore. I wish I didnt feel that way, but I do. If youve never gone to the needle, dont! It'll change your life and not for the better.

Also, I do not get high. At all. I do this for maintenance. Getting high off suboxone only happens in the beginning not after prolonged use.
Really? I've taken sub a year or two, and I notice a certain high, especially combined with weed and or gaba-P. Not like the first week, but def noticeable compared to mornings pre-dose.

Yes, espccially if you have micron filters. A lot of people do it without scripts so they can save cash/bupe, or with scripts because docs want take insurance and it puts them in a bind financially, or just a needle fetish, people will shoot anything if they have needle fever...There really is no upsides to it except you can use WAY less, like 1-2mg a day, or less getting into the microgram dosages. It does not provide a rush at all though, so forget that, nor a high really if you are opiate tolerant, but a lil glow, but I mean you can get that from sublinual/nasal/rectal also if you keep the doses right(like not 24mg a day, more like 4mg and under, but if you are shooting, you do not need 4mg at all, 2mg a most...shortents the half life so you will find you might need another dose 12 hours later...whatever happened to captain heroin on here?? He did it for years with micron filters and would use doses like 250mcg or something like that three times a day...
I seem to remember, tragically, captain heroin passed a few years ago, he was working with an RD that was sketchy I believe. nothing but love for him and his.

I'm one of those people who used to do microgram shots. The late great Captain.Heroin told me he would do 100 microgram shots, which sounded like so little to me but when I tried it, it worked. The key is to keep your tolerance very low. Of course shooting 1 mg is way stronger, but then I wouldn't feel the next shot because of how long the half life is, even IVed. My normal dose was around 200 micrograms and if I stuck to that, I'd feel every shot. If I did a 1 mg shot, I'd have to wait until the following day to feel the next shot but you don't seem to have that issue. I used to do this because with this method I could make a single 8 mg strip last for almost 3 weeks if I had to.

Bluelight and Erowid are mentioned. This article looks at claims made on Harm Reduction sites that naloxone does nothing to deter IV use of Suboxone and gives data to back it up. Please don't get too irritated if you read the part about Harm Reduction sites not being "knowledge based" as this isn't true.

So whats the real story with naloxone being added to buprenorphine. Well in the US Buprenorphine was first marketed in 1985 as a schedule 5 narcotic analgesic. When a new drug is created in the US it enjoys a period of market exclusivity that typically last at least 6 years during which its legally protected from generic competition. Suboxone and Subtex were approved in 2002 and enjoyed it's own 7 year exclusivity period. Usually a new formulation of an existing drug only recieves a three year exclusivity period. Seems like a good business move to add a seemingly useless ingredient to Buprenorphine In an attempt to obtain another three year exclusivity period. This may be a big part of the reason naloxone was added. But to everyones surprise and eventual outrage both Subutex and Suboxone received orphan drug exclusivity and a brand new 7 year exclusivity period.

They have a history of doing really shady shit to try and maintain their exclusivity over Suboxone.

Here is a write up on the costs of their shady never ending exclusivity in Canada.

Last edited: