Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So Who Likes Benzos? Ver III: Blackouts and Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i had the choice of my gf and making amends for amends for an 8 year relaionship i think i would choose my gf over the valium

however the valium would assist incredibly self destructive mindset right now as i dont think she is returning

Yeah damn 8 years is a long fucking time man. Fuck.

Stay positive. Throw on some stand-up comedy and get some big belly laughs rockin. You wont feel like it obviously but laughter is definitely an awesome antidote. Sometimes Ill be feeling a little flat and it occurs to me that I havent really had a solid laugh in a couple weeks. A good laugh is a release valve for so much bullshit and negative emotion.

^ i don't think drug use and relationship problems are synonymous. in fact, i've managed to balance relationships (of all kinds - romantic, family, friends, professional, musical etc etc) for many years whilst taking drugs.
i'm very dubious of claims that say that problems with relationships and drug use are invariably linked.
benzos have a reputation for making people difficult, but like anything, it depends entirely on the context.

obviously, drug problems can cause all kinds of issues, but i think the drug use is often a symptom, rather than a cause.
i know that my drug use has often been increased by frustrating relationships, but i don't blame the drugs for causing the problems to begin with. drugs are such an easy scapegoat for a lot of people. yes, drug abuse is a bad thing with wide-ranging effects, but i think it's getting into evangelical territory to say that "drugs ruin friendships". all kinds of things ruin friendships - love, money, etc etc.

beat narrative, i feel for you man, and i really hope you can work things out.

Valid points, but some people benefit from drugs but on most people it tends to have a negative impact. I have made some awesome friendships on MDMA for example but the majority of drugs I have done ruined most things, benzos/opiates made me anti social and I lost most of my friends because of that. Once opiates have taken ahold of you its hard to escape. It has ruined relationships in the past as well. As much as it hurts I have to admit that during that abuse period I didnt care about much including my family or girlfriend. Drug use can also be linked with money problems just to name one which can also cause relationship breakdowns or loosing friends from it. At the end of the day IMO it is A cause not the only one.

If there wasnt any drugs there would still be problems but it contributes to alot of things unfortunately. I see it in the exact same way how crime is linked with drugs example robberies, violence, prostitution and so forth just to name a few. Its not a direct cause but it is all linked. Drugs are just a cause out of the million. I know if I didnt abuse it id have such a better quality of life. The shit you tend to do whilst abusing is pretty bad. I can only speak for myself and people who I know, I guess it all comes down to the current situation at the time. Funny thing is I had a few friendships end but looking back at it now im glad it happened the way it did, the amount of fukwits you have to deal with in real life is crazy and ur better off without them. They were all nice people but again its the drugs that caused them to act like that.

Last edited:
I just typed a long post then lost it.

What I was getting at is that benzos are the fucking devil when used regularly.

Benzo dependacy is horrible.

This is coming from someone who has lived a terrible benzo addiction amongst use of many other drugs.

I don't post much on Bluelight anymore, but if theres one thing I could spread on to the new users of drugs (old or young)... it's that certain drugs have a HORRIFIC withdrawal so please, PLEASE take care with your frequancy and quantity use of benzos.... BE CAREFUL... For fucks sake...

If not enjoy hell on earth.

I lost a bunch of friends when I was in my hardcore party mode in my early to mid 20's. Im sure many here would have a similar story.... you start dabbling with party drugs (mdma, speed, whatever) and some friends are into it too while others are not. Then slowly the party drugs are just way more interesting and fun to you than just getting pissed and slowly you start to lose touch with your friends that arent into 'em.

Sure you make new friends 'in the scene' and thats all well and good. People move on. The world keeps spinnin'. But those relationships are invariably built around drugs and many are somewhat weak because of this shaky common ground. When you stop partying hard every weekend and you lose touch with drug scene all of a sudden theres no need to ever see many of the friends you made and used to see every weekend in the drug world.

By this point your non-drug taking mates from a few years back are long gone of course. Not that big a deal really.... true friends stick around regardless, and most people have probably lost touch with many of their buddies from their early 20s. But drugs absolutely play their part in throwing you onto a different path.

I would change a minute of it of course ;) lol

i am fairly inexperienced with benzos in the sense i have never used them for a prolonged period

I am wondering after about 6 weeks continual use (two and half valium scripts and 6 xanax bars) am i likely to experience withdrawal. I have 30 valiums left (if i ever get them back from my gf) is this enough to taper down my use or am i worrying about nothing

Im just wondering how soooo many people take it by itself for recreational purposes and abuse the hell out of it. Do most of you guys take it by itself or combine it? I mean I used to be addicted to it as well but I needed to combine it with something else because by itself it was so boring and not recreational at all. U get pissed off from not getting high and just end up taking more and then getting knocked out lol Like Mr Blonde said its not good to get a blackout as you have a big chance on doing stupid things which u can easily regret later. I suspect a lot of people like me were chasing that first experience when ud get a drunk feeling off half a bar but unfortunately that experience only happens when u have zero or very very low tolerance and as we all know tolerance rises very very rapidly with benzos.

I was mostly taking alprazolam by itself, sometimes in combination with opioids and very rarely with alcohol. For me the major thing that got me hooked was stress relief as I get stressed out very easily, also benzodiazepines improved my essential tremor quite a bit which I suppose served a role as a small rationalization. I take propranolol for that now though.

.....I realized that benzos do not decrease anxiety over time when u go off them. Its the worst medication ever invented. Its only good if u really really need something when in a bad situation. My anxiety was through the roof when I went off them. Hope everything works out for you bro and manage to get your gf back.

Agreed! I mean, Sus., you and I have conversations about this. IMO no drug should be use (barring obviously exceptional circumstances and the like of course) to treat mental illness! For short term use I can see the benefits but mental illness shouldn't be treated with pharmacotherapies.

^ i don't think drug use and relationship problems are synonymous.....

I agree, somewhat. I don't think one can (or has) draw any definite, exact causation between the two. If I'm sure if you spoke to anyone, everyone has a story! So although you can't say taking drugs will cause relationship problems. I've put money on a very high probability! When it comes down to - and doesn't matter how or how much one rationalises it to ourselves (and as humans we're extremely good in doing so!) - drugs are poisons, especially in the quantities used in recreation, and if you put a poison in your body there will be (eventually) adverse reactions!

Is this the who would like some benzos thread or did I come to the wrong place?

Well firstly, if it is, do a brother a solid! :p

From a personal, recreational stand-point, I love benzos! One of my favourite drugs! But it is (and growing) one of most widely abused drugs and the side effects can be devastating. In fact, I know a doctor who's spear-heading a move to remove all benzos from the shelves / move benzos them to a higher schedule. Tbh I don't like her chances and really don't agree, but my point is even in the medical profession there's becoming a higher awareness of benzos.

Oh shit the thread has gotten morbidly obese.

Closed, will start a new thread promptly.

Status
Not open for further replies.