Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So what do you LIKE about yourself?

schmangle said:
ValeTudo:

don't think of anyone else's view, what do you personally like about yourself? This is the anti-negative, nobody else's opinion matters, utterly frivolous and VERY IMPORTANT thread. I'll take you a bet there's more stuff you like about yourself

* I'm good to my mother

- i appreciate this, parents can be so bloody exhausting/irritating. But... there's so much not said in that small statement as well...

* I need nothing/noone to get me through the day

- this sounds so lonely... And I'd disagree with this statement (cos i'm in an argumentative mood) - you're missing something HUGE here. You need YOURSELF to get through the day - which means that if you are getting through the day all on your own - you should be proud that you are so strong.

But if its just getting through, without happiness, and if this ties in with your first statement, then something does need to change in your life.

PM me if you don't want to waffle away on this board

I respect and appreciate your sentiment <3 but no.

"I'm good to my mother" - I believe this to be a quality. many people, with the comfort and familiarity of their mothers, forget that they are people too, and as a result, treat their mother like the slave. I try to remind myself that she brought me into the world, and provided for me til i could stand up like a man, and as a result, now i owe her the utmost love & respect, and fuck if i will ever forget it.

"I need nothing/noone to get me through the day" - I believe these to be good things. I am not addicted to drugs. I am financially independent. I have many pseudo-wives and lifelong mates who i woud (&have) cop bullets for, i just don't depend on their presence to be happy :) its healthy and normal to mourn, but if i were to let a few dead mates destroy my capacity to trust, love & build new relationships, id be pretty fucking lonely

i like that i just got macked on my a 30 year old. im 26 , not a big age difference but it made me feel good that " i still got it " .

I like my hair, eyes and smile. That's about it in terms of my physiology.

In terms of personality/mental attributes. I like the fact that I'm open-minded, musically and artistically inclined and optimistic. I am a cynical bastard at times, but still hold a general optimism when it comes to existence.

Wow, what a fantastic thread!!!

the_ketaman said:
Im stoked that ive come as far as I have. I have aspergers syndrome and while sometimes I feel as though I dont even have it, other times it makes doing simple things a regular person would do really hard for me, i.e being social, knowing when to stop(Ive been arrested multiple times) feeling emotion. But im glad to say that alot of that is over and im now much more worryless. I like the way I can talk to someone now without worrying about whats going on inside their head.

One thing I am proud about is being gay, Im not trying to flaunt it and push it in everyones face, but I am proud, because for years I went on wishing I was straight, now im just happy with myself and if someone has an objection to my sexuality then they obviousely arent worth my time.

Im proud that at 16 I self admitted myself to rehab for an IV ice habit as well as pot and just a general routine of getting fucked up every day on whatever i could. People admitting themselves to rehab are in the minority, nearly everyone in there was there to get out of jail. So I can be proud I did it. I love it.

I like that im going back to finish my yr 10 cert after being out of school for nearly 4 years.
ketaman that is so awesome, you should be very proud of yourself %)

As for me, unfortunately I dislike a lot more things about me than i like, I am wayyyy too hard on myself.

But I like:
*my singing voice (even though I'm too scared to share it with people...although I did manage to sing at my brother's wedding earlier this year! Go me!)
*the fact that I'm happy and nice/polite to everyone all the time
*my super-mega-efficiency at work
*I think I'm mildly good-lookin', but my smile sure seems to be very infectious!
*my tatts, luuurrrrve my tatts =D

kryalkastleE said:
*I am fairly intelligent in creative ways and a lot of people under-estimate my intelligence which is actually pretty funny sometimes.
Haha I get the same thing at my work, I work for a pharmaceutical/bioinformatics company. I started there just as a temp admin assistant so all the ridiculously intelligent scientists and executives must've thought I was a bit of a bimbo (also because I'm always smiling and laughing politely at things people say).
I still don't think even half of them know that I'm like the biggest cosmology nerd and did astronomy at uni etc etc =D
Joke's on them!

-i am fairly intelligent (not to sound vain)
-ive got a way with animals, esp horses and dogs
-im reasonably good-looking now im off the P
think thats about it