• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids So what did I do wrong with this CWE using aspirin caff and codeine?

Im sorry but you just dont get it. The tylenol will BARELY dissolve in the water as long as its cold(like in the COLD WATER EXTRACTION method)....therefore, whatever amount of water you choose to use, you will just have codeine and practically zero APAP. It doesnt get any simpler than that.

Codeine dissolves in cold water...APAP doesnt.

I think my dog understands this better than you.

Im sorry but you just dont get it. The tylenol will BARELY dissolve in the water as long as its cold(like in the COLD WATER EXTRACTION method)....therefore, whatever amount of water you choose to use, you will just have codeine and practically zero APAP. It doesnt get any simpler than that.

Codeine dissolves in cold water...APAP doesnt.

I think my dog understands this better than you.

lay off the dope troll lol

"Addiction to codeine doesn't cause fatal liver failure, APAP does. I would be worried if I were you."

Im sorry when did I say that addiction to codeine causes liver failure?

Also what should I be worried about?.....all the times I Cold water extracted codeine in high doses and drank it?.....nope, not worried, because the APAP didnt dissolve in the water and I was fine.

In fact I had my liver checked(among other things) about 3 weeks ago and the doc said everything looked perfect. And he was even specifically looking for liver damage because of my history of drug abuse.

Lay off the dope?

Dude I havent fucking touched dope(or anything at all for that matter) in months.

So try to find another insult to throw at me cause that one simply doesnt make sense.

lol at what this thread turned into.

You gents are arguing 2 different points. You are both right and you are both wrong.

The volume of water matters IF the water temp is high. Using 2 L of water WILL kill you but ONLY if you use hot water, like pr0voke was saying. So technically if you do it his way it WILL kill you.

BUT

Doing it with COLD water makes the water volume irrelevant because the APAP doesnt disolve because the water isn't warm enough to do it. So technically if you do it james browns way it will NOT kill you.

lol

CWE works because APAP, ibuprofen and aspirin are hardly soluble in water, especially when it's cold, whereas opiates are very soluble in water.

I believe I read that in the merck chemical index, APAP is "very slightly soluble in cold water, considerably more soluble in hot water"

The solubility of apap in about 70 degree water is I believe 1g/150ml

Last edited:
Cwe

My method, using a standard OTC pack of 8/500 co-codamol...

Put the tablets (32) into a grinder and grind to a fine powder. Mix with about 150mls of cold-ish tap water in a cup until you have a sorta creamy/milky solution...mixes perfectly with a bit of stirring (no lumps etc). Chill the mug of liquid in the freezer for a few minutes, re-stir then carefully pour into 2 (doubled up) wetted coffee filter papers placed in a small plastic funnel suspended over a tall glass. Place in fridge for 30 mins or so until all the liquid has drained through the filters, job done.

Result, a glass of completely clear & extremely bitter liquid....ALL the paracetamol is left behind. And drink-simple as that!

I'm surprised the mod's didn't close this thread due to the unbelievable mis-information provided by this Prov0ke character.....although he did earn himself a little vacation, let's hope he stays away....one thing I'll say, he did choose a fitting alias....

For anyone confused at this point...

(1) The codeine is not trapped or chemically bonded to the APAP

(2) Therefore, the codeine WILL dissolve freely in cold water once it is powdered, and

(3) Therefore, you do NOT need to precede a cold water extraction with a hot water extraction to unlock or free the codeine.

That said, I do not believe a hot water-cold water extraction would be any more harmful than a cold water extraction, assuming one chilled the solution long enough to bring the APAP back out of solution, but I could be wrong, and why would anyone do this anyway?

Chemist? Lord, I hope not.

THANK YOU...finally people who arent idiots....

he was really pissing me off last night....

He just didnt want to accept that APAP is practically insoluble in cold water.

I've been reading that the feeling is similar to a small dose of hydros or even oxy. I can't say I'm not feeling nothing, just not anything worth the effort it took to get ready to consume lol. I'll maybe try upping the dose to 160 mg and hope for the best.

The "feeling" is similar yes.. but that is on a tolerance comparible basis

what I mean to say is... IF you get "high" on both substances the feeling is comparable... that DOES NOT mean that the strengths are similar by any means.

I take 60mg of oxy to catch a decent high, and I CANNOT get high on codiene, I have tried to the point that I vomited and felt almost nothing

codeine can be fun in the early days of opiate use, and can be helpful in curbing withdrawal but dont expect a high from it if you have moved on to oxy.

Last edited:
The "feeling" is similar yes.. but that is on a tolerance comparible basis

what I mean to say is... IF you get "high" on both substances the feeling is comparable... that DOES NOT mean that the strengths are similar by any means.

I take 60mg of oxy to catch a decent high, and I CANNOT get high on codiene, I have tried to the point that I vomited and felt almost nothing

codeine can be fun in the early days of opiate use, and can be helpful in curbing withdrawal but dont expect a high from it if you have moved on to oxy.

Yeah, for a while after quitting pods codeine wouldn't get me high at all (tho it did help with getting off the pods)

Its worth mentioning here that codeine has a 'ceiling dose', taking more than about 600mg of it is a waste of time (& codeine). The body cannot metabolise any more than that, and it just comes out the other end if you know what i mean lol

If I could compare codeine to any other opiate it would be morphine, it feels similar to a very low dose as part--roughly 10% of the dose--is converted to morphine anyway. But yeah, up the dose, you're a big lad so 200-300 mg won't hurt you, especially since you're already tolerant to another opioid.

Wow, that guy is clearly not a chemist. I wish he was back so I could ask him which university he got a chemistry degree from, so I would know not to go there. I bet he had a bachelor degree and calls himself a chemist. A chemist is one who does research in their field, i.e some Masters, but officially a chemist is someone posessing a PhD (doctorate) in chemistry.

Yes pr0voke is wrong, the CWE is solely based on solubility points, not on the total volume of water, that's an independent variable in this. Also, he was speaking like there was a wax matrix trapping the particles or something, in a fucking IR tablet. Gaah, as others have said, misinformation. I've lived to tell the story of doing of doing a 75 caplet extraction (600mg)--yes I'm opioid tolerant, Rx'ed hydromorphone--and the resulting solution had minimal tylenol in it as I triple filtered it and added juice. It was a high volume, but I went for total ceiling dose. The caffeine would be the biggest harm in that case; the clonazepam I used during the ingestion helped.

CWE is safe with any volume of water!

A chemist is very broad. Why, when I was in second grade I had mixed red food colouring with my baking soda inside a volcano shaped mound and poured vinegar causing a VOLCANIC ERUPTION.
Too bad I wasn't accepted into Yale for my findings. :(

Anyways for future references, make sure you power up the pill well. It helps, and pr0voke mentioned nanowhatevers, its not nanowhatevers that freeze it and you don't lose 75% potency, although use your common sense and don't let any huge chunks stay, the APAP will then trap the whatever the hell you're extracting.

hooray for the ignorant idiot "pr0voke" being promoted to "ex-bluelighter"!!!

hip hip....

If I could compare codeine to any other opiate it would be morphine, it feels similar to a very low dose as part--roughly 10% of the dose--is converted to morphine anyway. But yeah, up the dose, you're a big lad so 200-300 mg won't hurt you, especially since you're already tolerant to another opioid.

Wow, that guy is clearly not a chemist. I wish he was back so I could ask him which university he got a chemistry degree from, so I would know not to go there. I bet he had a bachelor degree and calls himself a chemist. A chemist is one who does research in their field, i.e some Masters, but officially a chemist is someone posessing a PhD (doctorate) in chemistry.

Yes pr0voke is wrong, the CWE is solely based on solubility points, not on the total volume of water, that's an independent variable in this. Also, he was speaking like there was a wax matrix trapping the particles or something, in a fucking IR tablet. Gaah, as others have said, misinformation. I've lived to tell the story of doing of doing a 75 caplet extraction (600mg)--yes I'm opioid tolerant, Rx'ed hydromorphone--and the resulting solution had minimal tylenol in it as I triple filtered it and added juice. It was a high volume, but I went for total ceiling dose. The caffeine would be the biggest harm in that case; the clonazepam I used during the ingestion helped.

CWE is safe with any volume of water!

Reported to moderator for dangerous, untrue statement of fact.

8 mg codeine, 15 mg caffeine and 375 mg aspirin per pill

I'll take you through the process of what I did:

1. Crushed up 12 pills into fine powder
2. Mixed with cold water that was in the fridge, stirred till dissolved
3. Poured into old pair of boxers (Pre wet them first) and let drip into a shot glass
4. Squeezed out excess liquid into glass
5. Disregarded hard left overs, acquired slightly mercy liquid
6. Mixed in small amount of crystal light
7. Down the hatch it went

30 minutes later still chillin', nothing really goin' on that I can notice anyways.

I am a 6'3 225 lbs of muscle so could the dose have just been too low? I was worried about over doing it on the caffeine so I took it easier. I have an OK tolerance to oxy but no experience with codeine.

If your pair of boxers were too absorbent, much of the opiate+H2O went in by capillarity and probably stayed there. Using a filter can be very wasteful if you don't have a proper laboratory vacuum setup. I myself pipette the clear water out...and use 5 mL so it doesn't take a lot of pipetting.

bad extraction, you only dissolved the codeine on the powder's surface area, which accounts for only 20-25% of the codeine. You need to use hot water first so that the solvent penetrates the surface.

Hot water does in fact dissolve the builder but it will make the filtering very hard afterward. If you don't have a vacum system forget the hot water approach, you'll get a white gunk in the end. You can easily bypass the builder by shaking the crap out of your solution prior to filtering, with room temp water and cool after.

The reason that you can't use 2l of water is because, although APAP is less soluble in cold water, it is still slightly soluble, and about 10g of APAP can dissolve in a litre of water. So, if you used two litres of water, you'd be consuming 20g of APAP. Which is a liverbuster dose. The less water you use to CWE, the better.