• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower So what are you currently smoking?

Once again an unknown strain. Tastes decent & rolls well. Works for me. :)

I hereby dub thee Redwood Roast. it looks tasty. The colors remind me of a forest.

I picked up some Animal Cookies yesterday.... and ever since I can't help but notice how many strains are names after foods. Cherry Pie, Gelato, Girl Scout Cookies, Tangerine Dream kind of sounds like a drink, you got Ice Cream, Purple Punch, Sunset Sherbet, Cheese.... fuck man, the list just goes on and on...

But the Animal Cookies are some fuckin' fire. That shit made me forget where I was in my own neighborhood last night, like some kind of early onset dementia type of high.

I hereby dub thee Redwood Roast. it looks tasty. The colors remind me of a forest.

I picked up some Animal Cookies yesterday.... and ever since I can't help but notice how many strains are names after foods. Cherry Pie, Gelato, Girl Scout Cookies, Tangerine Dream kind of sounds like a drink, you got Ice Cream, Purple Punch, Sunset Sherbet, Cheese.... fuck man, the list just goes on and on...

But the Animal Cookies are some fuckin' fire. That shit made me forget where I was in my own neighborhood last night, like some kind of early onset dementia type of high.

No doubt. I'd never really thought on it before but you do have a very valid point. Out of that list Sunset Sherbet was probably my favorite. Purple Punch was some crazy looking shit though. IIRC I posted it in either this thread or Pics of your Stash. Can't remember exactly. The pics didn't do it justice though. Didn't smell remotely like weed. Weirdest strain I've ever had actually. Though I think I've had it since then & it was relatively normal. For some reason that one batch was just uber weird. I digress though. Animal Cookies have always been great when I've ran into em. Enjoy em. I like the name you threw out there for the pic BTW. Sounds right. :)

I'm out this morning so I'm doing the dab thing at this point. I'm about out of those as well but there's enough left in the corners to make do. Didn't realize our peeps were traveling yesterday which threw off my order. Should be getting two different types of concentrates & the herb I'm currently out of later today. Maybe this time I'll get a chance to find out what strain I'm getting. Maybe not. Either way I'm looking forward to it. Dabs are great but my guts are bugging me & my normal morning J would hit the spot. Hopefully they wake up & get at us before to long. 🤞

It’s cuz foods have unique and interesting smells which correlate well with cannabis terpenes.

And yea Animal Cookies is one of the few “cookies” strains I actually really enjoy. Just got a strain recently not sure if I mentioned on here, “Animism” which was Animal Cooks x OG Kush. That one was great too, the og Kush made it better for daytime but still heady enough.

Also cookies strains are called such due to the buttery/baked good smell some can let off. Unfortunately my nose can’t pick it up well though :/ I’ve only truly smelt it on a few batches over the years.

The Kush Mints I just had being one of them actually, the taste was actually reminiscent of Mint Chocolate Cookies.

-GC

On a few strains right now but one that’s stand out and must be mentioned...

GMO.

I’ve found this strain from a few different growers so far and it’s consistently low 30% THC. The buds are so covered in trichromes you can barely see them. Light colored buds and nearly white trichromes.

The smell and taste can vary a bit, seems like a mix of garlic and guerrila glue stank.

What I find interesting is that strains that look white like this, Mac being another, have this interesting body numbing/warming effect that isn’t as prevalent on other strains.

It makes it great for working out, or relaxing. Really enjoy it, and potent enough to catch a decent buzz.

-GC

Some swazi in my bong with some kief sprinkle over the top from the bottom of my grinder. was a strong hit

Titan Haze.

Haze strains are hard to find, Ive never grown any or researched them but I’m assuming they must be difficult and/or long grow times.

Many haze strains seem to be crappy hybrid offshoots. Except this Titan Haze.

When I was looking through the selection I saw these kinda crappy looking nuggets (my eyes are bad and hard to see when they won’t pull them out) but then saw it was a Haze grown by one of my favorite farms that I 100% trust and had to give it a try.

It wasn’t until I got home that I could appreciate the nuggets more. The smell is so oddly unique. A pungent lightly piney, hints of chocolate, kinda that sour stank with even hints of something fruity. I sat there for awhile and it’s the first time in a minute I just can’t quite grasp the terps.

The buds are pretty small, very densely covered in golden tan trichromes, hairs a bit on the browner side, and the buds overall have hues of green, gold and brown.

The high has an initial stimulation but if one smokes enough a place of relaxation and sleep can be had. Overall a pretty strong Sativa type high, definitely not for those that prefer lighter high strains.

-GC

Just about everything on the market is a hybrid....unless it a landrace....I once grew a landrace sativa kilimanjaro from that area....shot flowered for like 12weeks and was some of the trippiest weed I ever smoked, when you smoke a landrace sativa that was grown correctly and not pulled early you know it....unfortunately aside from growing it yourself you will likely never smoke a100%. Sativa landrace strain

True, I guess when I say hybrid these days I mean closer to 50/50 than the original it’s named after.

While nearly everything is hybridized to some extent, I think the term generally now means a strain leaning more towards 50/50 than Sativa or Indica dominant.

Unfortunately many of the great Sativas of old have been snuffed out due to the need for strains which are easier to conceal, grow quicker, etc etc.

Columbian Gold being one which is gone. Any old timer who’s smoked it will tell you there was something different about that weed that just can’t be replicated with any of our modern strains. A potent trippy high.

-GC

Sorry I always look at it from a genetic/breeding stand point, whenever someone says theyr smoking a sativa I always have to correct the and say sativa dominant..I think world of seeds still sells Columbia’s gold seeds, I had some at one point but never got around to growing them out, I use to love breeding landrace strains and getting my own breeding hybrids, I liked to be really selective in what genetics and phenotypes I tryd to Emphasize in my strains, had some pretty killer unique strains, alas someone stole all of my seeds a while back so don’t have any of my genetics left, it was heartbreaking, all that time and work down the drain

I don't know what I'm smoking but it's pretty fire. Really wish I had access to legal weed, you guys are very lucky.

Sorry I always look at it from a genetic/breeding stand point, whenever someone says theyr smoking a sativa I always have to correct the and say sativa dominant..I think world of seeds still sells Columbia’s gold seeds, I had some at one point but never got around to growing them out, I use to love breeding landrace strains and getting my own breeding hybrids, I liked to be really selective in what genetics and phenotypes I tryd to Emphasize in my strains, had some pretty killer unique strains, alas someone stole all of my seeds a while back so don’t have any of my genetics left, it was heartbreaking, all that time and work down the drain

Oh my god, I’d be absolutely devastated over that.

I researched a bit trying to find some legit Columbian Gold seeds but everywhere I look reviews from the old timers state it’s not the same stuff.

I wonder if that has to do with where/how it was grown or differences in genetics..

I’ve always wanted to play with some landrace strains myself but didn’t get into growing enough to make that a possibility.

My step uncle though has been breeding his own stuff for years, and he had this one strain that was one he’d gotten from a buddy that he’d tried his best to preserve since the 70’s or so. The high on that is interesting, hardly any terpenes to it but had a pretty knock you in the head kinda high that I really enjoyed. Looked like trash but got me a good buzz.

Unfortunately over the last few years even my uncle has been swayed by the allure of new strains. The old will die out over time.

-Gc

Unfortunately I didn’t get to grow the CG and never even tryd that strain before but I know world of seeds typically has legit stuff, but who knows. But If you have a fairly small grow you can still breed if you want, all you really need is 2 locations to grow so you can separate your male and female, when the male starts dropping pollen either collect some off the floor and put it into a ziplock bag or put the ziplock on a branch and shake it to collect the pollen, then just take that ziplock and put it on one of the females branches and tape the end so no pollen can get out and shake it to spread all over the branch, this way you can still harvest mostly bud but have one branch just for your seeds, depending on the size of the plant/branch you can get hundreds of seeds...that’s a bummer about your uncle though, did he try spraying it with collidal silver ? That’s one way to get feminized seeds and woks pretty well

Not sure I usually don’t stay too long when I see him unfortunately.

I actually have “bred” some plants but mainly for large amounts of seed so I wouldn’t have to buy more. Actually just planted some 8yr old Blueberry seeds that had near 100% germination rate. Unfortunately my growing skills have suffered a bit from lack of over the years but I still got 8 or so kicking.

Never bred for different genetics though, that’d be fun :)

Alright before I get ya too off track (maybe we are already lol) you got any plants going this year?

-GC

Not sure I usually don’t stay too long when I see him unfortunately.

I actually have “bred” some plants but mainly for large amounts of seed so I wouldn’t have to buy more. Actually just planted some 8yr old Blueberry seeds that had near 100% germination rate. Unfortunately my growing skills have suffered a bit from lack of over the years but I still got 8 or so kicking.

Never bred for different genetics though, that’d be fun :)

Alright before I get ya too off track (maybe we are already lol) you got any plants going this year?

-GC
Unfortunately haven’t grown herb in a while, just got a veggie garden goin and a couple trays of boomers...I told myself when I’m clean for a year I’ll start up a little weed garden, maybe just a little grow tent with 3 or 4 plants, breeding is a lot of fun a lot of trial and error crossing back crossing ect. But when you stabilize a gem it’s worth it

Last edited:
Really strange..

Ya’ll heard of the mango potentiates cannabis thing? Well I’ve tried it a few times with no luck.

Today just now I ate a couple of mango/strawberry fruit leathers I made and 30min later I’m feeling extra high in a stumbly kinda way. It does work! My head is feeling it pretty good right now, these will be extra fun for camping this weekend.

-GC

I believe it’s the myrcene terp that is suppose to potentate thc, I use to mix in a myrcene extract with my edibles