• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids So what about trying to reflux CWE filtrate to increase concentration?

isaaccain

Bluelighter
Managed to blag some dihydrocodeine off my doc, 10/500s so CWE definitely required. Because the B/A of DHC is only about 20%, I wanna plug em, but If I'm using 50ml of water for a CWE, I don't wanna have to shove a plunger in my ass 2 o 3 times to plug it all, so I wanna reduce the solution to a) powder or b) a lower volume of water.
I saw this on an Erowid post on 'homebake heroin' basically turning codeine from OTC pills into morphine, then heroin. It said the following about making freebase codeine:

Crush sufficient pills to yield 2 g of codeine and mix with distilled water. Filter with a vacuum funnel to remove insolubles and add to a separatory funnel. Add NaOH solution to make the solution pH 12. Extract twice with chloroform (2x25 mL). This will be the bottom layer. Discard the water layer, (which contains the aspirin or acetominophen) and evaporate the chloroform layer to dryness under gentle heat. The result is codeine base, a white crystalline powder.

So if I did the same with DHC, what would the best solvents to use? Should I do a non-polar was, i.e mix with non-polar solvent, shake it up, seperate, then a polar separation, i.e mix with dichloromethane (or something), shake, seperate, then evaporate to get pure crystals?

I'm basically asking if I can boil it down in water without putting it under vacuum, and if what solvents I should use if I do what it said on erowid. I can't access the Merck chemical index unfortunately. I chose dichloromethan because it's boiling point is about 40ºC.
Sorry if this was hard to understand, I'm not great at English (dads spanish, I'm half fluent in English and half in Spanish because of parents, yknow?) and I'm very tired

Boiling down codeine in water will result in it darkening. You can do it but it's not a smart idea.

The oral syringe method sounds perfectl other than the fact that I can't buy dihydrocodeine w/ aspirin OTC in the UK, and the one's my doc gives me have APAP in them. If I tell him they mess with my stomach because of I'm having 2 grams of acetaminophen a day he could switch me to DHC w/ aspirin, or just switch me to a higher dosage of codeine, which wouldn't be preferable as I'm allergic to codeine in higher doses (300mg+). Hate to sound whiney but I guess I'll just have to drink the stuff, no plugging. Or I can get a copy of the Merck Index, find out what all this stuff is soluble in

If anyone knows a good solvent DHC is soluble in that APAP isn't, you can always PM me or post it on this thread but for now I'll stick to regular CWE.