• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

So Long Reecey

Maya

Bluelight Crew
I haven't posted in a while, and I hope that amidst this pandemic everyone is staying safe and healthy.

One of my closest friends passed away a few days ago, and I feel helpless and still in shock. I just found out today. I am not entirely sure what the cause was, but I have a feeling that it was OD.

We were really close and have been best friends for so many years, but we just drifted apart. We were both in different times of our lives. I am now married, living a quiet life and he was still in troubled times. I wanted to reach out, but I didn't want to be vilified. The last year/months/days of his life, he was angry, mad at the world, and I felt that leaving him alone and having him come to me when he was ready was the best solution.

I am feeling so guilty Reece, I love you so much my friend. Could you even call me a friend now? I have let you down, I know that. I failed you, of all the people I should have been the one who would have saved you. I'm sorry please forgive me. Farewell my friend.

Sorry about your loss. :( Hope he's found some peace now. <3

There's always going to be those what ifs, but please don't blame yourself. I'm certain he didn't want any of his friends to feel guilt, and friends always forgive eachother.

Just try and remember those good times instead of the bad, sure there were plenty of them. <3

Even bad times were fun times, don't put words in others mouths. Sorry to hear about this, we've lost many members past these years, what we can hope it's that they finally found peace. 🖤

glad you got in @Maya

i already told you this in our chat but i echo Blowmonkey's comments.

<3

alasdair

The worst feeling ever, is loosing a best friend, they are impossible to replace. Try not to dwell on the bad, but. Remember all the good. RIP Reecey

Aww, so sorry about the loss of your friend Maya :(

It reminds me of my good friend Richard who I drifted away from over the years and then who died from a (likely) G overdose 25th Jan 2015. He'd randomly reached out to me just a few months before but I barely made any effort to reciprocate, and realise afterwards it was probably an attempted cry for help. It's extremely painful to think about.

Take care ❤❤

Keep him in mind when you had fun together, when you were talking about whatever and be there for each other. I'm sorry you lost your best friend.

JJ