• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

So. Is the PS3 gonna bomb?

rowland2110

Bluelighter
I think so. Seems to be allot of negativity towards Sony across the internet forums right now. And everybody i personally talked to says Sony they wont buy one.

Right now, im leaning towards Nintendo Revolution. $250 and i will be able to play all the groovy games i missed on the Nintendo gamecube. Ill wait and see how the games on Xbox 360 turn out, if they get good, ill by one of those as well.

But it seems to me that Sony just gave the video game market to Microsoft, and dont count out Nintendo yet... they have a very good chance to reestablish themselves at the top again.

I payed $400 for my new 2.8 dual core computer. I for sure wont pay $500 for a PS3.

Last edited:
Well, i miss metroid, and i miss zelda. And i never got the play the Resident Evil remake.

It's called a Wii, numbskulls :)

I think it looks pretty good, provided you can put a GC controller in for those games.

It's a tough call with Sony. They'll sell oodles due to the name (when the general public think games, they think PlayStation). Microsoft took and gamble with the 360 and it looks like it'll pay off. Sony are just being dumb, but I think there's enough parents at the mercy of their children to pull them through.

Remember how strong they are in the Asian/Japanese market... and that in itself is almost sufficient to recoup their investment.

The PS3 doesn't seem to be offering anything new, and I've heard that so far the graphics are no better than the 360.

^ The first generation/release games are often lacking in pizzazz on new platforms. It takes a whiel for developers to really get the hang of the new technology.. and this time there has been a huge jump.

Fair point I guess. The 360 has quite a headstart in that respect, and the Wii has the advantage of doing something radically different from the start.

I'd get one if I had the money. Is Squaresoft still contracting with Sony?

a couple things...cant you just do to the 360 like you could to the original xbox and hack the bitch and install windows and emulators and such? if you CAN, then its got the new nintendo system beat as far as the oldschool games go...the ps3 is pricey, but when it comes down to it, i will go with whichever system has BOTH soul calibur AND tekken...i am nothing w/o them

i'm not a gamer, but it sounds to me the PS3 is going to bomb like mad.

not only that, blu-ray discs are going to flop as well. (we can only hope)

DigitalDuality said:
i'm not a gamer, but it sounds to me the PS3 is going to bomb like mad.

Whhhhat?

I've got a 360 and that fucked me over nicely, the PS3 should be able to take the market easily. Honestly, so many good games were set to be released around summer and then pushed back. I mostly bought it for Saint's Row and that got pushed way back. The only decent games on the system are Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, and PDZ (online). I'm tempted to get a PS3, but there's gotta be some dank games on there. GTA:IV is coming out on both systems on the same day, I hear.

It's going to be too expensive. There's a paradigm to break. Sure.. great, it's a computer.

But it's not marketed as such and the paradigm of it won't really be far accepted i don't think. 600 bucks for a gaming machine that has "some" computer functionality? yeah, ok. Why not just play games on a Wintendo box then?

the 360 is littered with glitches, but it's price alone allowed some hefty sales, though i don't think it matched up to what was expected.

And while i think nintendo's wii's remote is stupid... i think this will actually come out the winner in all of this.

meh... price doesn't really concern me... I'd glady pay £400 ($600) for a Blu-Ray disc machine that also plays the next Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer and Final Fantasy games. :)

Persoanlly - I'll be getting a PS3 and Wii as soon as they are launched... I can't wait!:D

frankly i have all the hopes in the world blu-ray never gets accepted as standard for anything. HD-DVD is no dream format, but Blue-ray flat out sucks.

The ability, in both cases, to fit so much on a cd sized disc is amazing, the amount of DRM going behind it... is absurd.

As much as I ADORE my PS2...

I won't get a PS3. They're prediciting NO price drop for the console and i have yet to buy a console as soon as it's realeased. The closest I got was my sister got me my PS2 for Xmas the year after it came out...but I usually wait until things are like...under 100$ to buy them.

The Wii is coming out a lot mroe affordable and I think I'll buy it just because of the downloadable library-that's where Ninendo is making their $$$...they know that everyone wants to play the oldschool games. Look at how successful the ports of the NES/SNES games to the GBA have been. I want to play my 64 games again...I miss that system.