• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids So I wont get withdrawal from tianeptine as long as I dont take it every day right?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
Not planning on recreational doses but to use it as an acute antidepressant. So to blast me out when I get into a trough.

Is it the same rules as kratom? just dont take it every day? and dont dose too high?

The short half life makes it even less likely to cause withdrawals right? so long as you arent redosing?

general rule of thumb when taking anything take in moderation and make sure you give yourself long breaks in between is the best way to avoid WD, tolerance build up etc
question is can you do that?

You need to take it consistently to get the intended purpose of it, otherwise your just taking a selective opiate agonist and getting high.

You need to take it consistently to get the intended purpose of it, otherwise your just taking a selective opiate agonist and getting high.

That is just the stock big pharma answer youre spitting out.

Ive read plenty of ppl use it in this spot dosing regimen with good results. They say it provides immediate benefits.

Last edited:
That is just the stock big pharma answer youre spitting out.

Ive read plenty of ppl use it in this spot dosing regimen with good results. They say it provides immediate benefits.
Any opioid will have strong and immediate antidepressant effects. Doesn't make heroin a good idea to "spot dose" for depression.

The problem here is that people who think they're only going to take opioids like this occasionally almost invariably wind up cheating a little bit here and there until they're eventually taking it everyday and hopelessly addicted. I'm sure you think you're different, but so did everybody else.

I have depression that's very treatment-resistant and wound up addicted to opioids because they're the only thing that helped - not therapy, not MAOIs, NOTHING ELSE worked. And still I regret it every single day. If you're going to be stubborn and do this either way, at least lose the fantasy and do it with the knowledge that you are resigning yourself to a life of addiction, because you almost certainly are.

I have a script for Tianeptine, 12.5 mgs three times a day.
I guess I am a bit of a naughty boy in that I take my whole daily dose at once because it gives me an ever-so-slight buzz, but I've found in the past that tolerance builds *very* quickly if you exceed 75 mg per day.

So yeah, to get the maximum antidepressant benefits out of this stuff, you unfortunately have to listen to the party poopers from Big Pharma(tm).

Well its not just being stubborn/naive/pigheaded, since there is a large body of evidence to attest that it isnt that addictive.

I dont really have any horse in this race other than that I would like to find an effective anti depressant. I am a hypochondriac so am the first one to err on the side of caution but even after reading about it for 6+ months I can say the reports of addiction are in the minority. Even so those small ones are the reason Ive hesitated trying it so far cos Im scared of taking pretty much any risk in life but seeing from years of depression it only gets worse if I dont try something I feel I have to do something or my life is gonna stay miserable and just get worse.

If millions and millions have taken this as an anti depressant since its release in the 80s then I dont see how you can stand by your claim of it being so addictive. If it was so bad servier would have taken it off the market.

Like I say Im not that bothered but the scientific research doesnt not support the claim. The literature says the only people that become addicted are those who were already prone to abuse of other substances.

Any opioid will have strong and immediate antidepressant effects. Doesn't make heroin a good idea to "spot dose" for depression.

The problem here is that people who think they're only going to take opioids like this occasionally almost invariably wind up cheating a little bit here and there until they're eventually taking it everyday and hopelessly addicted. I'm sure you think you're different, but so did everybody else.

I have depression that's very treatment-resistant and wound up addicted to opioids because they're the only thing that helped - not therapy, not MAOIs, NOTHING ELSE worked. And still I regret it every single day. If you're going to be stubborn and do this either way, at least lose the fantasy and do it with the knowledge that you are resigning yourself to a life of addiction, because you almost certainly are.

Maximum effects maybe doesnt mean I couldnt get proportional relief from spot dosing :)

I have a script for Tianeptine, 12.5 mgs three times a day.
I guess I am a bit of a naughty boy in that I take my whole daily dose at once because it gives me an ever-so-slight buzz, but I've found in the past that tolerance builds *very* quickly if you exceed 75 mg per day.

So yeah, to get the maximum antidepressant benefits out of this stuff, you unfortunately have to listen to the party poopers from Big Pharma(tm).

Considering tianeptine has been used to relieve symptoms of withdrawals in opioid-dependent individuals it's safe to assume tianeptine can be addictive in and of itself. I can attest that there is indeed a withdrawal syndrome not at all unlike other full agonist opioids. Mu agonism is mu agonism. However I still believe you'd actually have to put some real effort in to getting yourself in to a situation where you're addicted to this compound. It doesn't exactly last long or provide a very euphoric high. If it wasn't for it's legality & ease of access it probably wouldn't even be worth chasing.

Tianeptine is definitely addictive, a quick Google search shows plenty of cases where people took grams per day, YES grams! Becouse they got addiction.

I have never taken Tianeptine and don't plan on it as from what I have heard it isn't that great, but I am just wondering for the sake of argument if you'd say the same thing about plain leaf Kratom or do you see that stuff differently?

Because if you WOULD say the exact same thing about it, then I think you are going a bit overboard.

I've been taking Kratom 3 times a week for the past year and haven't yet given in to the urge to use more knowing about the problem of addiction, and I am quite confident I never will.

I have seen no signs of addiction other than VERY mild RLS which was good to experience because it warned me if using it more, which I haven't, hence avoiding addiction.

Therefore, I find it a bit insulting to assume that some people are "resigning themselves to lives of addiction" if they experiment with any opioid whatsoever across the board.

However, just about any stronger opioid I'd probably agree with you, like Oxycodone or Vicodin or god forbid anything stronger, but not plain leaf Kratom.

Ye I thought he was being rather melodramatic there. In fact what he says is patently false. His statement claims 'take tianeptine even once and you are resigned to a life of opiate addiction'. Well like i said look at the millions of people who have taken it without incident as an anti depressant.

Unlike most people on here Ive also done alot of reading of academic books related to addiction and many say even heroin addicts grow out of their addictions and without the need to go into any institutionalised program. Not saying it is advisable to take it in the first place but the statistics show it isnt a hopeless fate.

I got into reading that stuff cos I was fed up of the stupid rhetoric of the 'disease model' of addiction which if you look into it has its roots in religion and faith based circles. It was alcoholics anonymous (who were originally volunteer bible bashers) who started with this stuff since they said you have to give into a higher power and first you have to give up your free will to do so and so the disease model folowed from there.

I have never taken Tianeptine and don't plan on it as from what I have heard it isn't that great, but I am just wondering for the sake of argument if you'd say the same thing about plain leaf Kratom or do you see that stuff differently?

Because if you WOULD say the exact same thing about it, then I think you are going a bit overboard.

I've been taking Kratom 3 times a week for the past year and haven't yet given in to the urge to use more knowing about the problem of addiction, and I am quite confident I never will.

I have seen no signs of addiction other than VERY mild RLS which was good to experience because it warned me if using it more, which I haven't, hence avoiding addiction.

Therefore, I find it a bit insulting to assume that some people are "resigning themselves to lives of addiction" if they experiment with any opioid whatsoever across the board.

However, just about any stronger opioid I'd probably agree with you, like Oxycodone or Vicodin or god forbid anything stronger, but not plain leaf Kratom.

Tianeptine acts as an opiate. It is more noticeable in higher doses.

300mg pure powder IV took away my heroin withdrawal and gave me an opiate like rush.

I can definitely see it being addictive in higher doses. But I don't think it will cause too many problems in prescribed doses and slightly higher. 50mg a day should be a breeze to come off if there are any withdrawals at all.

I see the risk is pretty small but I do know from the reports that the withdrawals are alot worse than kratom IF one were to have problems so the stakes do seem a little higher.

At the same time though my despression gets really crushing in summer watching every else having fun living it up rubbing it in my face with every loser with his super hot girlfriend and me just wallowing in misery alone. So I have to try something. Ive had so many summers where the exact same thing happens and I just feel helpless to it.

I see the risk is pretty small but I do know from the reports that the withdrawals are alot worse than kratom IF one were to have problems so the stakes do seem a little higher.

At the same time though my despression gets really crushing in summer watching every else having fun living it up rubbing it in my face with every loser with his super hot girlfriend and me just wallowing in misery alone. So I have to try something. Ive had so many summers where the exact same thing happens and I just feel helpless to it.

I should ask brother, how old are you? What is the deal with your depression and the comments about girlfriends and such? Have you tried talking to a girl and taking them out? If you are young I promise it is not as difficult as you might think it is, but I promise you girls are not going to walk up to you and ask you out. Be bold and just ask a girl on a date. Doing drugs is not gonna help.

No dating advise please it just boils my rage. I know how to get girls just my self esteem is bottomed out so i need a synthetic booster. Please resist the urge for more advice about excercise and meditation etce tc etc.

Im thinking the golden elixir could be 2-fa that shit really made me into a terminator.

Does tianeptine feel much differnet than kratom? is it any more pro social? ive read some reports that it also feels quite stimmy. I am thinking it might be a safer bet than taking rcs.

No dating advise please it just boils my rage. I know how to get girls just my self esteem is bottomed out so i need a synthetic booster. Please resist the urge for more advice about excercise and meditation etce tc etc.

Im thinking the golden elixir could be 2-fa that shit really made me into a terminator.

Does tianeptine feel much differnet than kratom? is it any more pro social? ive read some reports that it also feels quite stimmy. I am thinking it might be a safer bet than taking rcs.

God forbid you actully build your self esteem and confidence instead of using drugs.

It's not how to get girls and boost your confidence , it's how to become a person. Who girls want to be with and is confident.

Start with excersize, become productive, follow your passions, life is an RPG and you need to level up.

If you use drugs to complete social tasks and get over fears there will come a time when you need to stop the drugs and you will have to learn all that social handling shit that you should have learned when you were younger, except now you're older, dont have a clue how to handle situations and things are extra awkward. Take it from me brother. Thank Jebus for my valium script, I cannot handle reality after 7 years on heroin, but slowly getting there.

There is such a double standard about the use of drugs for self improvement. Its forbidden to use illicit drugs for it but its A ok to use doctor prescribed anti depressants.

Kratom has improved my productivity when im on it. Im not slavishly attached to it like ppl insist I would be. I take it only once every few days. Took a month off recently. No biggy.

It is not about it being a double standard if you use drugs instead of learning valuable social skills you will never learn them, and when you eventually have to quit using you will have nothing.