• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Snorting Suboxone every day

Pegasus

Ex-Bluelighter
Ok, long ago, I discovered that bupe works really well intra-nasally for me. The figures that are commonly given here on BL give a rise in bioavailability from ~30 to ~50%, but for me, I certainly absorb well more than 2x the bupe that I would have taken sublingually when insuffulated. This makes me snort my bupe whenever I am even remotely low on Suboxone, and since I don't have a script for it and only buy from the street, I almost always snort my Suboxone. During past bupe ventures, I have usually not been on for too long of a time, but my nose always certainly seems to feel less clogged and more moist when I am not snorting my Suboxone. So it is kind of bothersome, but I usually just peel out hard dried orange mucous pieces of my nose and feel fine otherwise.

I am wondering about others' thoughts and experiences with snorting Suboxone over long periods of time. I don't know how the inactive ingredients fare doing up my nasal cavity, though from looking at the list, most of the items don't look that bad to have in your nose: "Mannitol, corn starch, lactose, povidine; citric acid; sodium citrate, magnesium stearate, acesulfame potassium, and a lemon and lime flavour." I imagine the corn starch, mannitol, and lactose are mainly what I am peeling out, and the other ingredients look pretty minor IMO. What do you guys think? The fact that some of the powder inevitably gets into the upper lungs is another area of concern here. What do you guys think about this? This is a harm-reduction site, and I'm trying to assess the harm-reductiveness of this practice.

I haven't snorted Suboxone, but snorting pill matter every day may not be the best idea in the world. It may be better to use a nasal spray, cotton filtering the solution to remove some inactives for instance. I know some inactives like magnesium stearate is barely soluble in water and you can filter a good deal of it out. As for what other inactives are or are not filtered out with cotton, I know corn starch is still going to be in there (if you only use cotton to filter).

If you are able to maintain relative control over using it with that ROA, and you are OK with whatever minor damage to your nasal membrane (I have no idea how limited/varied the damage may be, I am not an expert on the matter) then I see no problem with the specific ROA.

there will be minimal damage, cocaine burns blood vessels which is why it causes so much damage, pharmaceutical pills,,,,, not so much

^ What about amphetamine's caustic nature? Though I don't see a great deal of harm to this practice as I would in others, but the points Pegasus has brought up are cause for some concern, especially aspiration of particles into the lungs, IMO.

I would look into CH's suggestion of a nasal solution.

I snort my subs always. If I took more then 4mgs a day I wouldn't snort but doing just a little I find snorting a much better ROA. I notice orange little pieces at times but it works much better for me this way. I snorted my OC too. I can't even imagine what trying to snort 8mgs all at once would be like.

I would recommend switching up ROA's. I usually rotate my ROA with my Suboxone, and most drugs for that matter. With Subs I'll snort for a few days, plug for a few days, IV for 1-2 days (when I have a solution available), and sometimes sublingually take it.

I find that when I rotate my nose doesn't always feel clogged, and it gives your body a break from one ROA. =D

Wish we had bupe here in canada. I think so far it has only made it to British Columbia and Ontario.........

imo, if it doesnt burn going up even the slightest its not too bad for your nose (with some exceptions) but at the same time snorting anything isnt really good for it either.

i do not, but it would seem that most things that dont burn have a higher safety profile. just a theory of mine

^do you have any sources to back up that its safer if it doesn't burn?

My instinct tells me that a burning sensation when snorting indicates some degree of risk/damage. The only drugs that "burn" would probably be cocaine, or methamphetamine (that I have tried). I have watched people snort 2c-I and proceed to tell me it was the worst thing they've ever snorted (far worse than excessive snorted cocaine).

As for the lack of a burning sensation being safe, I can't say that it is, I just felt like throwing in my 2 cents (that drugs like cocaine, meth, 2c-I, etc. have an obvious burning sensation and are probably worse for the nose as I know this to be true for cocaine by far).

Its actually weird, because usually ppl will use/abuse either oxycontin or roxi's or what have you and THEN turn to Suboxone or Methadone Etc. And I went Blackwards, I also snorted umm umm umm umm umm Suboxone, I couldnt think for a second, I also snorted Suboxone on nearly a daily basis for a year, got off of it and then starting snorting the uh Roxicodones and what may you