• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

snorting pure morphine sulfate

clip'

Bluelighter
okay so ive shot morphine sulfate before from these little capsules. they are time release using a wax matrix, but compared to mscontin and other oral morphine pills, there is far far less wax. when shooting, i used all the proper micron filters so it was quite safe. although now i dont want to shoot anymore, to me its not worth the risk.

i have some of these morphine caps still, and was wondering if anyone knows the method to extract the morphine from them.

so far im thinking i can crush the little beads, use distilled water to dissolve the powder, heat and then draw up the solution through a ciggie filter using a syringe. then evaporate off the water to leave pure morphine sulfate powder.

some questions:
is there a better solvant to use other than water... eg alcohol? something that will evaporate faster?

would snorting pure morphine sulfate be comparable to IV morphine? im just looking for something better than oral or rectal administration but i want to stay away from IV.

any other considerations i need to take into account?

thanks

I dunno man, Morphine is a bitch like that. As the junkie saying goes (refering to morphine and hydromorphone)... Shoot it or don't do it at all. Even if you doubled your dose, I really doubt you'll be satisfied considering you've experienced the power of the needle. Once you shoot, it's hard to go back unless you use oxycodone.

I think w/ morphine, the best needle-less way is rectal. snorting isn't going to cut it.

yes thats what i thought, but a lot of the opinions about snorting morphine is usually from people just crushing up oral morphine pills such as mscontin, which have a very large wax matrix. therefore when they do snort the powder, it just clogs up their nose. and eventually drips down their throat.

30mg (which is the dose ill be using, perhaps some more, but not much more since i dont have an opiate tolerance at the moment) is not a lot of actual drug if its pure. a pill contains a lot of binders and the actual drug distributed through it in a very low concentration. thats why benzos arent so effective when snorted, because all the filler clogs up the nasal membrane thing and the real drug of which there is a small amount just ends up dripping down the throat along with a glob of fillers.

im talking about pure morphine sulfate so i assume that without all these fillers, all of the morphine will be able to be absorbed through the membranes in the nose and thus avoid the first pass metabolism of the liver where a majority of the drug would usually be destroyed.

anyone have any experience or advice?

Even if it's pure power it's the same level of absorbtion, well not exactly, but when people talk about the bioavailability they mean the pure stuff.

im sure the amount able to be absorbed nasally is higher with pure powder than it is with a pill which is 90% fillers, especially the waxy ones which gel up upon contact with water.

clip' said:
would snorting pure morphine sulfate be comparable to IV morphine?

Intravenous administration is the most efficent method by far, so I highly doubt snorting it will be comparable. You would need more than a 30mg dose.

It's not worth extracting, just snort the crushed little beads inside the capsules...

Rectal administration is the only other reasonable idea if you are gonna get anything from it. I personally find that to be twice as effective as snorting when it comes to morphine.

From my post in BDD:

I doubt snorting crushed pills (morphine sulfate) gives a much higher bioavailibility (if at all). To give higher bioavailibility numbers through the nasal route, special solutions would be used (likely using morphine gluconate).

From personal experience, insuffulation isn't too different from oral administration. Also, the bioavailibility through rectal admin and oral admin is approximatley the same.

I've never been able to tell the difference between snorted and crushed to be honest.

I'd save your nose.

jasoncrest said:
It's not worth extracting, just snort the crushed little beads inside the capsules...
yeah was thinking of doing that as well. got to remember that the morphine i have is very different to the mscontin type pills that are around a lot. these pills have very little wax to begin with.

from what ive read on these forums, snorting benzos is ineffective because theres just too much filler for the amount of benzo in the pill, thus clogging up your nose and little to none of the actual drug being in contact with the membranes and being absorbed.

so logically, if you can get a pure substance, all of it should be able to reach your nasal membranes and be absorbed, thus the reasoning behind my question.

I also got capsules different from the MScontin pills, they contain very few binders/fillers; and a 100mg Morphine capsule weights approx. 200mg, so that's only 100mg binders for 100mg Morphine -> not worth extracting...

clip' said:
yeah was thinking of doing that as well. got to remember that the morphine i have is very different to the mscontin type pills that are around a lot. these pills have very little wax to begin with.

from what ive read on these forums, snorting benzos is ineffective because theres just too much filler for the amount of benzo in the pill, thus clogging up your nose and little to none of the actual drug being in contact with the membranes and being absorbed.

so logically, if you can get a pure substance, all of it should be able to reach your nasal membranes and be absorbed, thus the reasoning behind my question.

thanks for your replies

okay question about dosages, how much would one need to rail to equal 30mg IV?

clip' said:
okay question about dosages, how much would one need to rail to equal 30mg IV?

I think you need to snort at least 100mg to get the effects of 30mg IVed...

MSIR-YER! Kadian-nar

I'v had 20mgs MSIR tabs@Kadian Morph caps.

MSIR are power Morph, covered in a thin film cover (easily picked out) snorting 3-4, crushed, had a stuporfying effect, Plugged+with sometimes 2 DHC 60mgs, made me feel 12 again.-arrr

Kadian 20mg (Morph 12 hr caps, with SR beads inside) when crushed and snorted, were not anywhere as good.

MSIR=pure powered Morphine Sulphate, which can be safely injected IV, SC, if
thats your thing-thats why Docs script it less-they know;)

Thanks