• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine snorting issues/worries

novofound

Greenlighter
Hi, completely new to this forum. Not sure if this is the right section of the forum or not but a good friend of mine has been doing coke for quite some time now. Probably about 5 years? Not enough to warrant addiction i dont think? we went on holiday not that long ago for a month and i know he didnt touch the stuff then so not addicted right?

Anyway.. he does it most weekends it seems (not much, about a g?) and he is saying that when he snorts that one nostril feels far more effective then the other. He says when he does it on the other it just goes straight to the back of his throat. Which he says is a waste? The nostril that he feels the effects from seems to block easily though. So despite doing 50/50 up each one, the good one blocks. Which means he is left with the one that seems to just go straight to his throat

He is worried about his nose for starters, does this mean his nose is breaking down? he doesnt get nose bleeds or anything as far as im aware and he says he uses water/saline to clean nose before and after sessions

Also he wants to know why it goes straight to the back of his throat down one of the nostrils. Hes tried many different methods of snorting but it always seems to go straight to his throat

Again sorry if this is the wrong forum/section, please point me in the right direction if not!

Damn no replies huh?

well, I had the same issue as you when I used to snort pain pills. It especially sucked with Opana pills bcuz when they went to the back of my throat and I swallowed it I was essentially waisting the fuck out of it. Opana don't absorb for shit orally.

but yeah my right nostril was always good to go while my left one wasn't so cooperative. I used to carry this Vicks vapo rub stick with me to make sure my good nostril didn't get plugged.

thats about all I could come up with to help :p

i know a lot of frequent coke users who ended up with holes in their septum wall from that shit. It's technically Cocaine Hydrochloride that you're snorting and the 'hydrochloride' part is corosive and takes a toll on your nose.

My first thought when I read your post is, if that one nostril is so clear that it shoots that far back, try not snorting so hard. Do it just hard enough for it to get up in your nasal membranes so it can get to work. BTW, if you are actually talking about yourself, just say so. It's what we do here on BL. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. .... OK so ive only ever snorted coke or mdma or meth (i know useless snorting mdma but i dont like the idea of ingesting as i feel i have more control if i snort)

How much is too much to cause a hole in the nose? i dont want that!! Had been on it again tonight and as usual my right nostril is blocked, so weird as it feels so much better up that one and more effective. hate the feeling of it goign straight to the back of my throat.

ive tried different methods of snorting up the left but still it still skips my nose and straight to my throat. Im sure this never used to be the case? so why would it change? Does vicks rub not stop the drugs from being absorbed?

Going to cut down. i dont want a hole in my nose!! Doing it at the weekend (most weekends) will this have the same effect as the people you see in the press with collapsed noses?! im asking many questions i know, but dr wasnt too much help! (yes i asked the dr! - i want to have fun but not kill myself!!! Alcohol is the biggest killer and its ignored!).

Any other tips for trying to safeguard the nose? I want to be a responsible/sensible drug user haha

The Vick's thing is kinda hit and miss. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't. I don't mean rub some inside your nose, you can just open a jar and inhale the vapors through your nostrils straight from the jar.

One thing you can do to keep your nose slightly more healthy is flush it/snort some water or saline solution a couple hours after snorting your drug. Coke and pills have insoluble(un-absorbable) cuts and fillers in them. Some of which may damage your nasal membranes. So to be on the safe side it would probably be a good idea to keep dem membranes clean:)