• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Snorting High Vs Oral High

Larry Bird

Greenlighter
Hey all, I have been snorting Focalin for a bit now and I am curious if you all are feeling these same effects when you snort your drug of choice. I'll try to be as clear and simple as possible even though the subjectivity will probably not be concise to all. Regardless, I have snorted Focalin, Adderall, and generic Adderall (Mixed Amph Salts) and for each one I have felt the high, as I am normally sitting when the effect kicks in, a lot more noticeably when I am up and active rather than watching TV or doing something on my computer. I am wondering if this is the euphoric effect of snorting that the high is more pronounced when you are active or if it's just as high when you're sitting and you can't notice it as much because there's just a screen in your face or if I am the outlier and people can feel the effect just as much when they are sitting as when they are active. And as for comparing the snorting and oral high, I only notice this difference when I am snorting as I assume this is because the euphoria is not nearly as obvious when taken therapeutically compared to being railed.

I'd love to hear your guys' opinions on this! Thanks.

I don't mind snorting old school speed if i'm out at a club (not that i've been to a night club recently ) but i much prefer to smoke my amphetamines/methamphetamines off tin foil. Trust me smoking gives you a way more euphoric buzz. Not sure if standing up makes any difference

I don't mind snorting old school speed if i'm out at a club (not that i've been to a night club recently ) but i much prefer to smoke my amphetamines/methamphetamines off tin foil. Trust me smoking gives you a way more euphoric buzz. Not sure if standing up makes any difference
Amphetamine can't be smoked..

@OP: I always snort speed, but I wouldn't if it were Adderall. The binding material clogs your nose and decreases the absorption snorting. Snorting makes the effect more intense than consuming orally, but lasts shorter as well. I've insufflated Methylphenidate (including binding material) as well, but that just gave me a really short, sweaty rush.
The biggest difference between therapeutic & recreational effects would be the dose, not the ROA (in this case.) Yes, it's slightly more intense when taken nasally, but you can also get a really nice high when just swallowing it (if you crank up the dose a bit.)

I'll try to be as clear and simple as possible even though the subjectivity will probably not be concise to all. Regardless, I have snorted Focalin, Adderall, and generic Adderall (Mixed Amph Salts) and for each one I have felt the high, as I am normally sitting when the effect kicks in, a lot more noticeably when I am up and active rather than watching TV or doing something on my computer. I am wondering if this is the euphoric effect of snorting that the high is more pronounced when you are active or if it's just as high when you're sitting and you can't notice it as much because there's just a screen in your face or if I am the outlier and people can feel the effect just as much when they are sitting as when they are active.

Here is my "subjective" response ie. IME, the setting (environment) and activity is a huge factor in the "positive" .. "high".... you described.
The massive release of dopamine is not natural and therefore sitting watching TV, or doing nothing will cause a "reverse euphoria" whereas if you are doing something that is rewarding to yourself you naturally feel good.

Unfortunately being able to distinguish and accept the fact that dopamine produced naturally is vital - it is human nature to seek instant gratification and in a very short time the brain has no need to produce the correct amount of dopamine needed due to repeated consumption/dosages and ultimately believing there is only one way .. the chemical way.

As others have said, Oral, snorting or whatever ROA you use isn't the issue.....dopamine is released regardless.
Not knowing what to do with all this brain activity is the issue and only the individual involved would know what makes them feel so good........... ie.. the drug is just the fuel, just don't flood your engine.

I'm stopping there, as there isn't much more to add except the fact that you are aware of this and I hope you find a way to get that reward feeling without the use of any chemicals (or seeking novel ROA's etc ) ..........the sooner you discover what gets your dopamine levels up naturally the better.

You know what the other option leads to.

Good Luck

SL