• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting H VS Shooting

yea, it has a lot to do with your lifestyle, which in turn determines your emotional disposition. if you have nothing driving you in life, or perhaps you're extremely depressed, you're more likely to get addicted. i think that plays a larger role than how good the drug is. no matter how good a drug makes you feel, if you are happy with your life and have other aspirations then you aren't going to want to fuck that up. if your aspirations are just to get as high as you can, then yea, maybe the rush from heroin will get you hooked. but popular media has blown things way out of proportion by only focusing on a segment of society which is prone to addiction. there wasn't an opiate problem in the U.S. before opiates were made illegal. before the harrison act an opiate dependent invidual was just a normal law abiding citizen and seen as much less of a nuisance than alcoholics. and even "addicts" could support their habit on a few pennies a day. even today there are physicians and lawyers and well-doing individuals who chip. i think the reason why a lot of people don't see that as a reality is because you typically have to deal with drug abusers if you are going to obtain any heroin, and that's because of the drug prohibition, also since everyone over-exagerates the addictiveness of opiates people have less will power to fight it since they go into it thinking it's a lost cause.

I am just saying that there is no need to go out and start IV'ing if you've never done it before, but I fully agree that the high from heroin is MUCH better IV'ed. Thats why I only IV heroin;) I am fiending something now, maybe I'll do just that today.

i must ask, where are all of these chippers??this is a nagging question among many...i have read studies where heroin uers chipped successfully for YEARS and years and never got hooked, but throughout my years i know of not 1 person that has been able to chip successfully for longer than a year or so without getting hooked..i mean, im sure its possible and that some do it, but its the very small minority..im talking maybe 2%....

THC is not purely dopaminergic, not by a long shot. It's main activity is at cannabinoid receptors. If it were dopaminergic, it would be a stimulant a la cocaine.

thc isn't purely dopaminergic, but it is a dopaminergic drug as that's part of its pharmacological mechanism, and the dopaminergic pathways are likely responsible for much of the reinforcing effects of thc.

xspikehead said:
The reason that shooting H is so addicting is because it provides instant gratification

Not exactly. When you shoot H, it goes into your bloodstream immediately, therefore it crosses the blood-brain barrier almost instantly and gives you a rush that could never compare to snorting.

when i snorted heroin i swear i like OC over heroin ,heroin just didnt affect me right snorted ,if i wasnt laying down leting myself nod i wouldnt feel high...like if i got up and did stuff i didnt even feel high off the heroin

when i shot it ,i got warm,tingly ...and SO SO FUCKIN RELAXED ,imagine not having any worries or bad thoughts in your life ,and able to concentrate on every happy thing in your life,g/f ,your favorite hobby....how nice it is outside ,the beauty of mother nature ,......

if i could could afford to get high everyday ,and had a constant supply (dealer around me ,that actually had stuff worth while)..i would use it everyday ....and still pay my bills and have money to do other shit to ..

is there many people that can do that in life ,stay high without it being a problem ,like still pay all the bills ,keep their wives/girlfriends /family satisfied with quality time ,work and play without the heroin getting the best of them ?

i know its a weird question...but has anybody seen anyone like this ?

^Yes. But, they are few and far between. My smack dealer shoots up half a gram shots, 6-7 times a day (stupid I know), but still always manages to find the money without ripping people off. I don't think he has a girlfriend though and he does live with his parents, so I guess he doesn't have the burden of bills, rent, etc...
This guy is injecting over $1000.00 AUD of Heroin into his veins every day and still manages to eat and sleep well and I'm sure if he had to move out, would hardly be an issue.

Alot of professional people can manage a full-blown habit and lead successful lives too. Actually, I'd say about 1 in 5 stockbrokers have a drug problem of some sort (be it either Heroin or Cocaine) and still manage to keep out of shit.

personally i would rather smoke it, but i think IV'ing is 10x better than snorting, id rather snort OC rather than shoot it for sure.

but i have IV'ed a few times and i still smoke when i get the chance. the only drug that IV use has almost fucked me over with is meth. crack is wack, meth is death.

I was addicted for about a month to sniffing H, the first time I did it I had what i could defenitely call a rush, the second i sniffed a very very very small amount i was basically instantly fucked up, grabbed my nose and got stuck there until my friend snapped me out of it....Never had the pleasure of shooting that stuff even though i had plenty of needles handy, but i was defenitely addicted and did suffer some moderate WD...havent touched it in 2 years but now i can safely say if i did it again i wouldnt get addicted like last time and i would probably try shooting this time around despite my addictive past with H, i've never been addicted to anything in my life and ive done just about every hard drug there is, only thing that i remain 'addicted' to is weed. Anyways on your question about snorting vs shooting ive only snorted and i defenitely enjoyed sniffing it ALOT....

i wanted to know the first time you IV Heroin, what should the dose be? Like how much of a normal sized line whould u use to shoot your first time?

thanks

I would IV it if i had a set but they can be pretty hard to come buy in jersey . Instead I just snort very large amounts. Like 200 mgs in each line . one for each nostril . I probably use about 1 or 2 grams a day . Very expensive habit i've built up over the last 6 years. But anways if i had a set , i would surely shoot it.

My first shot was 50 mgs and wasnt really enough i felt it but when i shout up 150 mgs a few days later i got ripped . =D

IV is the only way to go & i feel it kinda ups the scale considerably as far as addiction goes; tosses the needle into it is just like a whole new game in itself. Its a total waste to snort it IMO. A friend once stated that if you shot it you'd get a much better rush and be wacked out for a good few hours but as use increases sniffing a bag is like shooting half a bag but u dont get sick til over 12hours later where as shooting it leaves you feeling that chill' 12hours later but 1/2 a bag would feel like 1 bag.

LinX said:
o far this is what ive concluded "it hits you faster ie. 6 seconds" "youre bag will last longer"... now why would my bag last longer? ...

In the long run your IV habit will become more expensive, your tolerance will shoot up (no pun intended):\ , and soon you'll need more than a bag a day... IMO... but i'm not an H user allthough i did shoot morphine for a while

you should do a search there are many threads about people thinking about switching from snorting or smoking to IV...

stay safe

and enjoy