• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin snorting H & drinking lean - is it safe?

wishiknewbetter

Greenlighter
hey guys, i've been a lurker for quite a while but just made an account today because i want to hear some 2nd opinions before i go ahead and do this.

so pretty much, i've been snorting H for a few years now, i never slammed it. honestly, i think the only time i've ever gotten high from snorting H was the first couple times I ever did it. after that, it's only been a means of avoiding the withdrawal. no matter how much H i snort, i never feel that high that i did long ago. i rail about 5-10 bags a day to keep from getting sick, but i also think a big part of it is in my head. i honestly hate it, i waste so much money on it, and really want to quit, but that's a convo for another day.

my concern and question for you guys today is, my friend just hooked me up with some of the purple juice (lean, aka codeine & promethazine) so like i described before, i rail bags thru out my day. should this be of any concern to me when i go ahead and try some lean? oh, and this will be my first encounter with lean, and probably the last since it's expensive and really hard to find. not looking to forge a new habit, just want to feel a nice nod - i forgot what it feels like.

according to my buddy, i have about 2 doses of lean (or "lines" as he calls em.. idk why he calls em lines, but yeah)

so, anything i should watch out for? should i not do it at all? like i said, the H does nothing for me, aside from mitigating withdrawal symptoms.

i know i'm a n00b here, but i'd appreciate any advice you guys can offer. thanks in advance, you guys are an awesome community

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE REPLIED!

This is why I love this community so much, and am so glad I decided to make an account looking for advice.
I am heeding your guys' advice, and decided not to do it. I gave the lean back to my buddy.

I appreciate all who have taken the time to enlighten me on their experience. Thanks to all, for the advice and the kind words as well - I really do have to find a way to kick this bun a day habit - it does nothing for me except rips a hole into my pocket. Perhaps I will make a thread on the issue one day, but not today.

Thanks again to everyone, wish you all the best

Last edited:
with an H tolerance, lean won't do shit.

lean is basically just codeine w/promethazine.

codeine metabolizes to morphine (a very small amount) depending on how well you metabolize it.

most people start with 2 ounces or a 'deuce' and then mix that into a large amount of sprite and then pour it into styrofoam cups.

i've never done it but i used to sip codeine linctus.

it never did shit for me and the very nature of sipping it would likely ruin the conversion to morphine and leave you quite underwhelmed.

the one thing is the promethazine mixed with codeine provides a high in itself (similar to the added effect received from using antihistamines with opiates).

personally i would not recommend sipping this lean while snorting H.

i used to get respiratory depression from codeine alone and i guarantee you it will put you into a nod if you were also on heroin.

now if you will die or wake up after, i don't know.

so i advise against this.

i would kick the heroin with the lean if you could.

stop the heroin and sip the lean and start very low.

but do not combine them.

Pace yourself. Youll defiantly feel the promethazine... Cant say that the codeine will do much for you considering your tolerance. I had the same habit until i got tired of it and gave up earlier this year, its nice to appreciate a good weed buzz or getting a good nights sleep without waking up soaked in sweat... we only get fent here so i was lucky to get 4-5 hours of sleep before WD's hit. I used subutex for a week, maybe a week and a half to kick tapering down from 12-16mg dose to stabilize and dosing as needed. I miss the high, but your right, theres not much fun in it when your just maintaining normalcy at the cost of a bun a day... Best of luck

=Potatoman]it never did shit for me and the very nature of sipping it would likely ruin the conversion to morphine and leave you quite underwhelmed.
This.
I used to use codeine as it is legally available over the counter in australia (used to be sold almost no-questions-asked) and promethazine is also available OTC.

Codeine is much weaker than heroin, and if you have a heroin habit, i doubt you'll get much - if anything at all from the codeine.
Last time i did codeine it didn't really get me high - and i don't use opiates any more, so it wasn't tolerance.

Codeine's not bad - but it's really nothing special in my opinion. It's a weak opiate - as above, it's psychoactivity is from metabolising into a small amound of morphine - unlike heroin which metabolises into lots of morphine, and one or two other actives, if i recall correctly.
If you're that tolerant to heroin, i don't know that you will even feel codeine.
Promethazine, on the other hand, is absolutely nothing to write home about.
It's an antihistamine - a sedating one.
It's not a nice woozy downer, there is none of the euphoria some people get from benzos. It just knocks you out and feels a bit...heavy. That's it.
It just makes an opiate high more heavy and sleepy, IME less euphoric and less warm.
It has the benefit of preventing the opiate itches, which can be pretty nasty on codeine.
Opiate itches are from histamine release, so promethazine helps that.

But yeah, lean sounds like a lot of hype over nothing to me - an inefficient way of taking two pretty average drugs.
It's literally sugar coating opiate use - and making it palatable and somehow hip.

I used opiates for years but never bothered to mix promethazine with codeine when i took it - even though were both ridiculously easy to get.
i even found that other crappy opiates were better than codeine - so the hype around lean doesn't make much sense to me..
If you're looking for a good buzz, i don't think this is going to impress you, i'm afraid to say.
Just be careful you don't overdo the promethazine - more than 50 mg will probably knock you out if you havent taken it before.
I took it for a while to try to help with insomnia, but it just feels nasty to me.
Wake up feeling zonked, even after a full night's sleep.

What's the ratio of codeine : promethazine?

Last edited:
THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE REPLIED!

This is why I love this community so much, and am so glad I decided to make an account looking for advice.
I am heeding your guys' advice, and decided not to do it. I gave the lean back to my buddy.

I appreciate all who have taken the time to enlighten me on their experience. Thanks to all, for the advice and the kind words as well - I really do have to find a way to kick this bun a day habit - it does nothing for me except rips a hole into my pocket. Perhaps I will make a thread on the issue one day, but not today.

Thanks again to everyone, wish you all the best