• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Snorting Chocolate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapgunn

Bluelighter
I was reading this article earlier:

http://firstwefeast.com/eat/2016/06...facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=oando

Then I read a couple more articles saying that snorting chocolate is getting more and more popular in Europe. This is ridiculous!

Ive heard that chocolate can possibly help with opioid withdrawal, Ive even used raw cacao powder to try to help with my mood during PAWS, with possibly some success.. it was a hard to tell.

I guess what I'm asking is: IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE TO GET HIGH ON CHOCOLATE? This is bullshit, right?

WHAT IS LIFE?

This sounds ridiculous. I mean, chocolate is probably as recreational as coffee, so, not really recreational at all.

Well, maybe you actually can get high off raw cocoa, but I certainly don't recommend for anyone to go snort crushed up Hershey's. So, what is the "cocoa high" like?

Raw cocoa will give you a rush of the body's natural opiate, endorphins. If you've ever had a "runners high" then it will be pretty much the same feeling. Going on, raw cocoa contains a lot of magnesium, so snorting it will relax your muscles. Lastly, studies show cocoa can actually give you a rush of energy. This is from the chemical called epicatechin which is abundant in cocoa.

This is becoming a new trend. A Belgium chocolatier, Dominique Persoone, has actually created a device for snorting raw cocoa. It's even in some restaurants now which offer Dominican to Peruvian cocoa mixed with raspberry, ginger, and mint for you to snort. An international rave company has started stocking their dances with cocoa, mixed with honey, agave syrup, and cinnamon, even available in pill form.

The trend is becoming popular in Berlin rave scenes as a "legal high". It is actually starting to take the place of alcohol, cocaine, and ecstasy there. Maybe it'll be in the States eventually, I'd give it a try.

Cheers.

^^^This, I can remember a time I wondered how I could increase the onset of my pure Cocoa. Then again the closest thing I have come to is 90% in a dark chocolate bar. It tasted like absolute shit though. What's next? Plugging our chocolate bars?

I've heard of people chewing on coca leaves, to get a buzz similar to nicotine, or caffeine, I believe. Also chocolate can release endorphins, for a very mild buzz, like the buzz after a workout, as mentioned above. This is more prominent in dark chocolate, opposed to milk chocolate. As far as snorting it, I have no comprehension as to why anyone would want to do that, is the bioavailibilty of intranasal chocolate, far superior to oral? Well there's my 2 cents.
LMAO @ " bioavailibility of intranasal chocolate " ! x] Never thought I would say or read that line..

- SS373dOH Soul

This is ridiculous lmao. Chocolate taste good but as far as a recreational drug? You will get a better high drinking a cup of coffee and smoking a cigarette

When I opened this thread I thought it was gonna be about snorting black tar but no, it's legit about chocolate lolol

I've heard of people chewing on coca leaves, to get a buzz similar to nicotine, or caffeine, I believe.

Yes but coca is not related to cacao. The first is the plant that cocaine is made from and the second is the plant that chocolate is made from.

I have heard of raw cacao being used as a recreational drug, there are even "cacao ceremonies" where I live. I've never tried it because I can't help but assume, like most people here, that it must be a very mild or placebo effect, plus I personally don't even like the effects of chocolate so why would I want to intensify them? But it IS a real thing and it's not just among highschoolers or something. There's a doc on Vice about the practice: Getting High on Chocolate http://www.vice.com/video/getting-high-on-chocolate

^ ah yes, I did confuse the two. I added that " I believe ", as I wasn't positive. * Shakes fist! Damnit quit correcting me!! lol jk =)

-hs

Well, cacao contains theobromine (Dimethylxanthine) , a compound that's related to caffeine (Trimethylxanthine) and it's effects are comparable to those of caffeine, but more subtle and it can be mood enhancing.
So besides the dopamine rush you get by eating chocolate you are ingesting a mild stimulant, but why anybody would snort chocolate is beyond me.
And like every psychoactive substance too much can cause nasty side effects like a headache etc.

Just down a line and about 3 bumps. Nothing amazing happens tbh. Maybe a slight energy boost that lasts like 10 seconds.

I predict isolated cases of Theobromine poisioning, secondary to intranasal & possibly intravenous abuse of chocolate, in the form of raw cocoa powder.

Alright, snorting chocolate/ cacao is just stupid and will only clogg your nose
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.