• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe snorting buprenorphine and coughing mucus.

vanquish

Bluelighter
I've been snorting subutex(generics) for about a week now. About 1-2mg/day with no tolerance as I've been opiate free for about 5 years. Since I've started I have been coughing up thick brownish green phlegm all day. Is this a side effect from doing this? Am I prone to lung infection? I've been coughing constantly when I exhale to breathe since ingesting these pills. Also, could there be any withdrawal symptoms this early in my use if I stop now? It has only been a week since I started. I don't feel any type of real psychological withdrawal or physical withdrawal as this is only my first day not touching it since yesterday, but I am aware that there is a long half life to this stuff. If someone could please enlighten a newbie of the subs of the dangers i've possibly gotten myself into with this stuff?

just quit taking it ASAP if you've been clean for 5 years. i'm currently using suboxone to get free from oxycontin.

i take about 1mg every day or every other day now and cant wait to get off completely.
dont know why you'd risk the addiction when it's recreational properties are nonexistent.

There are definitely recreational effects for buprenorphine, especially in people who have little/no tolerance.

i know but nothing in comparison to other drugs with much shorter half lives.

just not a drug i'd choose to go on a binge with i guess.

i gave some suboxone to my opiate naive roommate a few months ago (around 1mg) snorted and he didnt enjoy it at all. idk

i know but nothing in comparison to other drugs with much shorter half lives.

just not a drug i'd choose to go on a binge with i guess.

i gave some suboxone to my opiate naive roommate a few months ago (around 1mg) snorted and he didnt enjoy it at all. idk

It doesn't effect everyone the same, some people get a lot more out of it than others.

That's because pissing contests are encouraged more than actual topic discussion.

I've been snorting subutex(generics) for about a week now. About 1-2mg/day with no tolerance as I've been opiate free for about 5 years. Since I've started I have been coughing up thick brownish green phlegm all day. Is this a side effect from doing this? Am I prone to lung infection?
This doesn't sound like a typical auto-immune response. It is more likely that you are/were getting sick anyway or that you picked up something off of the surface you were inhaling from.

I've been coughing constantly when I exhale to breathe since ingesting these pills. Also, could there be any withdrawal symptoms this early in my use if I stop now? It has only been a week since I started. I don't feel any type of real psychological withdrawal or physical withdrawal as this is only my first day not touching it since yesterday, but I am aware that there is a long half life to this stuff. If someone could please enlighten a newbie of the subs of the dangers i've possibly gotten myself into with this stuff?

I don't think that you'd be suffereing through any withdrawals. Even if you did, they'd be pretty mild. However, the mind is a wnderful thing! If anything, you'll get yourself whipped into a mental frenzy. I think you'd do best to go ahead and call it quits. Again.

As far as buprenorphine related dangers, I've found that the real one is related to pain. What if you actually injured yourself enough to warrant a trip to the doctor? With buprenorphine latched onto your opiate receptors it will be difficult for the doctor(s) to help you find pain relief. Unfortunately you can't simply say "I've been using another opiate that isn't prescribed to me," because a lot of doctors feel compelled to not help you with your pain anymore.

The good news, is that you (usually) aren't going to kill yourself using buprenorphine all by itself. As with all opiates it is a bad idea to combine it with any other central nervous system suppressant (benzodiazepine, alcohol, other muscle relaxers, etc).

It is also a really, really bad idea to combine buprenorphine with another opiate. Similar to what I mentioned above, buprenorphine out competes all other opiates. So, if you were in active addiction to hydromorphone (for example) and decided to snort a bit of buprenorphine, you'd experience withdrawals in a matter of minutes. Depending on who you ask, this could last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.

Regardless of how long it lasts, it will be the longest minute/hour or your day/week.