• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe snorting bupe duration of effects

DickMcWickland

Greenlighter
Hey all,

Currently doing a rapid 7-10 day taper off dope using bupe. It's day 5 and I feel functional enough, just generally weak and moody as I always do on a partial agonist. Frankly I hate the stuff and if I had a lot of benzos and other comfort meds, I would rather avoid it altogether. Makes me sweat like a pig and want to crawl out of my skin. Anyway, I digress. I've been snorting it as I find it to be nearly twice as effective as sublingual dosing. The issue being that my dose, now down to just over 1mg, seems to be wearing off within 6-8 hours and I start feeling depressed and teary eyed, while yawning constantly. So I'm dosing again in the late afternoon. 36 hour half life my ass. What's the deal? Does snorting substantially decrease the duration of effects?

Also, I'm quite experienced with quick bupe tapers off large IV dope habits, so feel free to hijack my thread if anyone is seeking advice on the subject. Aside from the fact that going from a full to partial agonist is like withdrawal in itself, I assure you this kind of taper can be a get out of jail free card if implemented correctly.

Last edited:
Nobody? I was surprised when I didn't find an existing answer to this question on this board or any other, but it's starting to make sense that maybe no one knows. How's that possible?

I have always wonderd this...the half life for Subliungul is 36..If you IV it then its 12 hours...maybe it's somewhere around the half life of IV, because when I IV I usually do a litte over 1mg the first dose and around 10 hours i want another dose. With the second dose I either do 1mg or less... So maybe the half life is that around IV Bupe, BUT you are still using way less either way, saves sooo much.

I was never on Dope but for me it is sufficent to take my dose once a day in the morning. I sleep tight and don't wake up in WDs 24h after that but I am always looking forward to my morning dose.

But I like Bupe and it is my DOC so I guess that and your previos H-habit make the difference. I'd try to see how long it actually holds you.

I never snorted bupe but I agree half life isn't 36 hours. I'm on a short taper myself. Prob my 5th one but last one hopefully. I did 4mg first 3 days then 2mg today 1 mg I'm on day 5 today with access to pills too.

I notice when I wake in morning. Little ache n runny nose myself. I don't thin half life is as long either unless I'm different

I'm telling you it doesn't hold me longer than 8-12 hours at most. Sure I may not be in full wd at the 6 hour mark, but I'm miserable enough that if I don't redose, the idea of going to the gym or even running basic errands seems impossibly arduous. I suppose I could cushion the fall with some kratom or gabapentin instead of doing another small bump of sub, but I'm trying to save those for when I cut the bupe out altogether in a couple days, when the acute wd is truly gone. As a side note, 7-10 days may seem like a long time for acute heroin wd, but, in my experience, coming off 8-15 bags a day of good stuff after a year long IV run, it truly takes two to three weeks for all symptoms to fully dissipate. Sure things start improving after just three or four days, but expect to be yawning, sneezing, hot and cold, sweaty, anxious, and sad and moody for some time. Not to discourage anyone, just want people to plan for the long haul and not attempt to break a long destructive cycle with just a 3-5 day taper on bupe and nothing else -- I can't think of anyone who's stayed clean after the initial detox doing it that way.

I have never done H. Only roxi habit but the 3-5 taper makes me always jump back. This is my first 7-10 (aiming for) taper and i feel much better and no desire but we'll see how it goes. I know il never quit ever. Just need a nice break due to running out of money etc etc. Time to save again. Hopefully become Rec user in future (ha ha that'll never happen) good luck on your voyage my friend.

Gabapentin will REALLY help, but ya gotta be careful, comes with withdrawls and they are NO FUN, and no Suboxone for that shit...Maybe Kratom would work like Tramadol does with Subs??? I would try that, find a good vendor and get the ultra enchanded or whatever since your on the Sub, be careful it can be habbit forming, but it's like a two day cold....and tons of peope use it to get off kratom, the other alkoids in it give you energy, so it could work since your taking low doses....I mean fuck if trams work with Subs, Kratom should.

I detoxes from 1/4 of 1ml and it was still SO difficult but so much easier than any methadone detox I'd tried and I should add always failed. My advice to you is to stop it that's what I had to do and I promise you it will hold you for longer (English for you will w/d from the 1mg dose much more quickly when snorting it) so use it sublingually most definitely. Sadly I am now tapering again myself I'm on 2ml I never snort it anymore as I've said the dose works so much longer under the tongue. I need advice tapering myself so any advice would be much appreciated. My dilemma is what's stronger 2mg of subs or 5 of oxy???
I hope my advice helps.

I detoxes from 1/4 of 1ml and it was still SO difficult but so much easier than any methadone detox I'd tried and I should add always failed. My advice to you is to stop it that's what I had to do and I promise you it will hold you for longer (English for you will w/d from the 1mg dose much more quickly when snorting it) so use it sublingually most definitely. Sadly I am now tapering again myself I'm on 2ml I never snort it anymore as I've said the dose works so much longer under the tongue. I need advice tapering myself so any advice would be much appreciated. My dilemma is what's stronger 2mg of subs or 5 of oxy???
I hope my advice helps.

2mg sub is at least equivalent to 100mg oxy, but probably a lot more. I say this with a habit that's probably equivalent to 800-1000mg oral oxy and I remember when I only used pills, I'd get high as a kite off less than 2mg of sub. Also anything more than .5mg of sub is far too big a dose to end your taper at. It's better to extend your taper as long as you have to and go down to .25mg, maybe even .25mg every other day. If you do it this way, I assure you, you'll avoid all residual wd and, like I said before, essentially be using a get out of jail free card.

I have never done H. Only roxi habit but the 3-5 taper makes me always jump back. This is my first 7-10 (aiming for) taper and i feel much better and no desire but we'll see how it goes. I know il never quit ever. Just need a nice break due to running out of money etc etc. Time to save again. Hopefully become Rec user in future (ha ha that'll never happen) good luck on your voyage my friend.

It's a cliche but I've finally realized you truly have to be done with the life for quitting to work. Not just it would be nice to not need dope to live but genuinely refusing to live like this another day. All my attempts at chipping have failed and this last run was relapse number five in half as many years. I'm finally doing all the things I refused to do in the past, ie removing access to cash for a few weeks, deleting all my numbers, etc. I may relapse because I have to recognize it's a massive statistical probability, but it certainly won't be anytime soon.

I've detoxed from .25 before I've been clean since 2007 and the w/d's were awful but nothing compared to methadone so I sort of know how to cut down I just don't have enough subs, I have lyrica they will help but I don't know if they too are addictive??? I'd really appreciate any sensible advice. I'm not interested on he to get high I've come onto Bluelight to help me get clean again this last month has really messed me up I want out asap!!!

I've detoxed from .25 before I've been clean since 2007 and the w/d's were awful but nothing compared to methadone so I sort of know how to cut down I just don't have enough subs, I have lyrica they will help but I don't know if they too are addictive??? I'd really appreciate any sensible advice. I'm not interested on he to get high I've come onto Bluelight to help me get clean again this last month has really messed me up I want out asap!!!

Unless you're taking the lyrica in high doses for months on end, I wouldn't anticipate any serious addictive potential. I know plenty of people, myself included, who've used lyrica and/or gabapentin to get through withdrawal/PAWS and had no problem upon cessation. And to clarify, my comment regarding coming off at .25mg being painless was in regard to short term use as a detox tool, not long-term maintenance. It seems that once you've been on the stuff for several months, no matter how well-planned your taper is, you're in for a world of hurt.

.I mean fuck if trams work with Subs, Kratom should.

It does, I am currently still on kratom after half a year of ~0,5mg Buprenorphine a day. The first days aren't fun and you will wake up in WDs but once the bitter herb is down your stomach it holds you for about 6 hours even at ~3-5g Doses. I can totally recommend it. But now I need to quit that and I am not looking forward to it...