• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Adderall or Ritalin

I have snorted Adderall IR. In the name of harm reduction, I don't recommend it. Come down is even worse and the effect is short-lived.

Snorting adderall is a waste of time. Too much filler, and the oral BA of amphetamine is high enough that you're not getting much from snorting it. And it turns your snot the color of the pills. Only time I'd snort adderall is the dust at the bottom of the bottle that forms on it's own, and even then I might just eat it.

Phenteramine is NOT ritalin - it's a mediocre stimulant with a more pronounced anorectic effect, hence it's use in diet drugs (including as part of the infamous phen-fen diet drug combo that caused heart damage; it was the other drug in the combo (mostly it's metabolite, nor-fenfluramine) that did the real damage though). My understanding is that it isn't recreational.

Ritalin IR, on the other hand, is an absolute waste to take orally - snorted BA is much higher, and it has both productive and recreational value this way. I do it when I have to sleep too soon to take an adderall, but not so soon that my only option is coke or just not doing stims.

And no, there's nothing OTC that's nearly as good as Adderall or Ritalin - nothing even close.

I recommend just swallowing the adderall instead of snorting have done both and my preference is to eat it instead. Snorting it can be very bad for nasal passage. Although the drop isn't bad almost satisfying with how sweet it is. But the high isn't really anymore noticeable or better. I feel it longer and more effectively by popping it.

I know this post is old, I just wanted to give my personal experience.

I naturally have a high tolerance to amphetimines, or at least ones like in Adderall (did that DNA test with psych)

I began snorting 60 mg of Adderall XR (generic) when I was noticing more often than not needing to double dose orally (to get the desired effect). Once I started snorting (just opened capsules and snorted the little balls. I didn’t crush them) I noticed a pretty significant difference in how much of the desired effects I was getting. I felt a lot more euphoric and speedy than compared to taking 60mg orally.

I’ve also taken generic Adderall (non-XR) and snorted that... same amount 60mg. This I found to be a waste of time and messy (I think like someone else said, too many additives that clog your nose). But surprisingly did not have this issue with the XR when I didn’t crush it.

I also just tried snorting Phentermine. Holy fuck. That shit feels like snorting vodka. The burn is worse than meth. I can’t speak 100% for the high yet but this burn isn’t worth it lmao.

Has anyone ever snorted a phentermine or an adderall. Anything over the counter like these two drugs?
I wouldn't recommend snorting those meds, I have seen people snort too much ritalin and get very edgy and paranoid.
Just follow your doctors recommendations!

OTC there used to be these Benzedrin inhalers that the beatniks would abuse in the 50-60ties, now I know there are Vicks-inhalers and such they would contain some substandard version of some sort of potentailly dangerous stimulant,
that could probably make you sick or have a heart attack or something, don't do it!

Stay Safe!

❤️

I wouldn't recommend snorting those meds, I have seen people snort too much ritalin and get very edgy and paranoid.
Just follow your doctors recommendations!

OTC there used to be these Benzedrin inhalers that the beatniks would abuse in the 50-60ties, now I know there are Vicks-inhalers and such they would contain some substandard version of some sort of potentailly dangerous stimulant,
that could probably make you sick or have a heart attack or something, don't do it!

Stay Safe!

There is Benzedrex OTC in the US. It contains propylhexedrine. It's widely abused. It seems to be more vasoconstrictive but euphoric.
I don't recommend abusing them but it's a possibility that's OTC.
I'm in the UK and got them easily but in the end I ended up just using the inhaler for congestion lol. Didn't wanna risk high blood pressure or some other bad effect.
I got amphetamine sulphate powder if I wanna have amphetamines...

There is Benzedrex OTC in the US. It contains propylhexedrine. It's widely abused. It seems to be more vasoconstrictive but euphoric.
I don't recommend abusing them but it's a possibility that's OTC.
I'm in the UK and got them easily but in the end I ended up just using the inhaler for congestion lol. Didn't wanna risk high blood pressure or some other bad effect.
I got amphetamine sulphate powder if I wanna have amphetamines...
"propylhexedrine" just the name make it sound like some evil substance from a science-fiction novel.
The safest option is always the best option!
💙
Edit found a trip rapport on it, sounds like a toxic nightmare from hell:
Original thread: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/overdose-tripreport-propylhexedrine-500mg-redose-1000mg.699843/#post-14976297
I quickly walk outside and smoke a cigarette to relax and try to dont think about possibly overdosing.
-The hallucinations are even more vivid then any dextromethorphan ones. I mean these seem FUCKING REAL!
-There is 1000's of snakes running down my street, I see men in hoodies running twords me from every direction.
-Everytime I stare at anything dark in color, or black in color, It would morph and shit.
-6:30AM I google proplyhexedrine overdose and find out 1000mg is way to much for anyone and they had reports on overdoses from 500mg and 750mg. FEELING WORRIED.
-6:45AM I have heavy heavy pressure in chest and at the same time shortness of breath. Feeling light headed.
-6:50AM Go in my moms room and wake her up and tell her I OD'd (she thinks that normal for me, and says "Im not taking you to hospital"
-7:00AM I run outside and call my dad to drive me, but before he got there I called 911 and they came faster.
-I got rushed to the ER, and was put on machines that monitored heart,and bloodpressure.
-The doctors there tell me I am suffering severe respiratory distress, tachycardia, hypertension, muscle tremors, disorted vision, intermittent hearing loss, visual hallucinations, and loss of coordination.

Last edited:
"propylhexedrine" just the name make it sound like some evil substance from a science-fiction novel.
The safest option is always the best option!
💙
Edit found a trip rapport on it, sounds like a toxic nightmare from hell:

Yeah, I said I wouldn't recommend it. It was for informatory purposes. Just so whoever reads knows something OTC does exist.

That guy did way too much so that is why he had all those bad effects, which is typical of these trip reports from hell. If he had documented himself maybe he wouldn't have risked an OD. That is why proper information is crucial. I also don't like scaremongering. I like to present facts as they are then people decide for themselves.
I have seen lots of reports on a sub dedicated to it and it can be "safely" abused if you know what dosage to have as a beginner, which is 250mg max, not those ridiculous dosages he did.
Still, it's way better to stick to proper amphetamines if that is what you are looking for.

Ritalin IR, on the other hand, is an absolute waste to take orally - snorted BA is much higher, and it has both productive and recreational value this way.
can you explain why taking ritaling IR orally is a waste ? I don't like to snort it, but I recognize that I need a high dose when taking orally. And if any of you guys have any advince to how I can improve its usage, I would be happy to read, since honestly, it isn't helping my ADHD and I don't want to change medication due the high prices of others like concerta and vynvanse.

Orally it lasts longer but is less intense.

Snorting makes it come on faster but it’s short lived.
Oh I get it, I have some concerns about snorting, does it really improves an addictive behavior ?
Since I'm fucked up with anxiety, I frequently quit cold turkey ritalin and experience some withdrawn symptons, and I'm worried with if I snort it in a daily base, it would make the withdrawn symptons harder.

I naturally have a high tolerance to amphetimines, or at least ones like in Adderall (did that DNA test with psych)

There’s a DNA test to determine amphetamine tolerance? What? Anybody have details on this?

There are genetic tests that a clinician can order to determine the efficacy of ADHD medications. There is some science behind a doctor determining which ADHD medications that may be suitable for a patient with ADHD. These tests are still in their infancy, but they do give doctors a glimpse into what ADHD medications might be appropriate. Modern medicine seems to be going this way with genetic tests.

Thanks, I’d seen that article but had never heard of such tests being used in a clinical setting. I don’t think they are yet used in Australia.