• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting 10mg of opana ER?

He should stay away from opana in general due to his tolerance, but just be very careful if he's already dosed.

He took roughly an 8th (1.25mg +/-) of the pill and has another 8th ready for later (if needed). He put it under his tongue.

I'm just worried that he's not going to feel it, so he'll redose and then it will hit him. It sometimes does that, as orally is a highly variable ROA with oxymorphone.

I dont take the (new) round Opana ER, I take the (old) octagonal Opana ER which is much more dangerous/abusable.

Just how low is your friends tolerance?

Last edited:
I did some research and I read the oral bioavailability is like 10% so a 10mg pill would be like 1mg of oxymorphone, right?

Yes, it's 10-20% But you have to take into consideration that it's highly variable, and can be much higher than 20% randomly, based on lots of shit like food intake, consumption of alcohol, pH levels in your stomach.

For awhile he was taking hydros 10s a lot. The last time he did any opiate was probably about 3weeks ago. He took 40mgs of hydrocodone (with alcohol) and said he didnt feel anything at all.

Is that recently? well, given this info, you can pretty much be assured he'll be FINE with 2.5mg. Probably could manage half the pill @ 5mg no problem, but he'll get high as fuck... So, still, walk lightly.

Hydrocodone is a very weak opiate, and 40mg isn't very much, so I still don't think opana is the right opiate for your friend.

He definitely should stay under 5mg.

edit: TPD we posted at the exact same time and said the same thing. awesome.

^certain safe advice. I mean, you've got enough of this stuff to take a little your first time, and if you don't get super high, better safe than sorry. You'll still have enough to take more your second go. Start low, stay safe, then go all out and have fun :)

Exactly, as long as your friend don't get carried away and think "oh this isn't doing anything, I'll take the rest of the pill", your friend should be fine.

But really, opana is NOT for those without tolerance, and taking it like this without tolerance is, as said, playing with fire. Results will vary with oral administration.

Yea, with oral and 2.5mg depending on factors already mentioned by tricomb, the user (given her experience with alcohol and hydro), might very well feel not much at all. But the point still is:

as long as your friend don't get carried away and think "oh this isn't doing anything, I'll take the rest of the pill", your friend should be fine

he's taken roughly half the pill and still doesnt feel anything. About how long does it take to kick in?

with the ER up to like two hours ime but as has been said it depends on a lot of things, specifically his weight and metabolism. at least the good news is that it doesn't sound like it's going to cause him much problems. still though, I would wait a significant amount of time before taking any more. If you want have him take some tagamet and/or benadryl to potentiate.

hey tricomb, can he plug this?

The time release is designed to release it over 12 hours. The new round opana is supposed to suck though.

I don't know if he can plug the new formulation, as it's supposed to gel like a motherfucker. You can plug the old formulation though.

Be very careful.

My first time using opana I picked up a 40. My oxy tolerance was about 30mgs snorted at that time. All my friends were using it, so I decided at that time to give it a try even tho I am a big Oxy Fan. Anyway I first ground out around 3-4 mgs the first time, wait about 10min for it to hit me and I didn't really feel anything. So I figured fuck it and I ground it down so I had 3/4 left. So I snorted 10mgs total. 5min later I got hit like a ton of bricks, in and out sleeping, I couldn't stand up, I couldn't even open my water bottle. I started to puke, which I think helped me sort of lose the high. My friends made me stay awake, they had to keep slapping me. So I got REALLY lucky, if people were not around I probably would have died.

To be honest, I never personally found IV Opana to be that good, definitely not as strong as shooting Dilaudid or good H. But I have some friends that swear by it. It just never gave me the kick I was looking for.

I'm rather surprised we have not had more opana ODs. Stonger than H in my opinion.