• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting 10mg of opana ER?

Stan the man

Bluelighter
My buddy wants to snort a 10mg opana ER pill. He has a pretty low tolerance to opiates. Is this too much for him?

Hell yes. That's quite a bit, even for a user with moderate tolerance.

That's an accident waiting to happen. If he's already done it, call 911.

Starting dosage for opana taken nasally is like 2mg for people with little/no tolerance. I've seen opiate naive people completely and utterly fucked up at 2mg. And tolerant users floored at 5mg.

Last edited:
Definitely do not, they gel. Is it the round opana? or the octagonal kind? 2mg is a good starter dose, and redose 45 mins later, not sooner, as the ER version of opana will still be time released even if you snort it.

If you split an octagonal 10mg Opana ER into 4 parts, you'll get four doses of 2.5mg.

Just don't. Cut a pill into quarters - snort that or stick it under your tongue, don't even try this with a whole pill if you don't have much of a tolerance. Tricomb is ABSOLUTELY right.

Oh... The new formulation. Cannot be snorted, injected, or anything. The only way is to consume it orally, which has a low, but highly variable bioavailability.

Your friend should NOT consume Opana without a substantial tolerance. Especially since it's the round kind.

He has a little bit of one but nothing huge. Would half be ok? Or should he just simply not do it at all?

Or even a quarter?

He should not do it at all, Opana (Oxymorphone) is a seriously potent opiate, snorting opana is stronger than shooting heroin in my experience, and I am a daily user of Opana.

You said he couldn't snort this one, I mean would he be okay if he took it (or part of it) orally since the bioavailability isn't that great

I cannot, in good faith, recommend opana via any ROA, including orally, to a person without a big tolerance. This stuff kills people. He should sell it, or trade it for another pain killer that isn't so dangerous.

Would your friend feel comfortable doing IV heroin? If the answer is no, then opana is not for them.

IF he ends up really wanting to use it, don't even begin to think about eating more than a quarter until you know how he/she reacts to oxymorphone (i.e. don't let them take more than 2-2.5mg). And beware, as tricomb states this is one of the most powerful common opioids. You are playing with fire. If they have been drinking or taking benzos or any other cns depressants, they should not be using this drug at all period until whatever else they've taken is totally out of their system. The point being, again, you're playing with fire.

Playing with fire at the gas station. If your friend has consumed even one alcoholic beverage, oral opana is out of the question.

I think he took some welbutrin a while ago but that shouldn't effect anything should it? I think he's going to try 1-2mg anyway

^unless you're prepared to call the emts at the time of ingestion, as tricomb already suggested.

so yea, if this person has no other drugs in their system, they could probably get away with eating 2.5mg of this prep of oxymorphone.
BUT, if they have ingested anything else, especially is it was a cns depressant (half a bar of xanax, a beer, half a drink - I mean ANY amount of ANY cns depressant), taking oxymorphone without a tolerance to the drug and knowing how it will actually affect you, well, this is like playing russian roulette. Actually probably even worse odds than russian roulette...

wellbutrin shouldn't cause any problems. 1-2mgs and you'll/who ever it is who is taking it will probably be fine. key word is probably.

stay safe, and enjoy.

frankly there is a good chance who ever is taking this will be able to take more than 2mg and be fine, although super fucking high. but it's not worth taking a lot all at once and then finding it is going to kill you. thus, start slow, if you're never done it before, and work your way up, slowly. the only real way to guarantee you'll be safe and have as much fun as possible.

snorting 10mg of opana ER is just like snorting 20mg's of oxycontin, but with more of a quicker slam. i snorted ER opana and feel its a waste that it it just drips down my throat and dont absorbin mucous membranes in nose...but opana isvery powerful,whatever mg of opana u have, for example an opana 40 is strong as oxycontin 80mg, dose wise, but u will get more fucked up off opanadue to its onset and intensity

He hasn't eaten anything either just in case he pukes (experience with hydros and either codeine or morphine). Should he eat something or is an empty stomach better?

I always find a little bit in your stomach is good, but frankly taking some diphen/benadryl does more to ease nausea.

Snorting 10mg oxymorphone, and 20mg of oxycodone are two VERY different things.

Eating food, particularly foods high in fat is proven to raise the level of oxymorphone in your body by up to 50%.