• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer dogs at Brisbane train station

your right, I had another looky yesterday, they are rent a cops with puppies. there are cops that patrol there as well, but they don't have the pooches, not regularly anyway, I havn't seen the cops in the blue overals like were mentioned, but I'll definatly keep a good eye out.

thanks for all the good info.

not drug dogs

Yeah i saw one last november when going to an Event near brunswick st
we were walking up the ramp and a Guard and a dog starts walking down the ramp we all shit our selves but kept our cool and the dog didnt even look twice at us

But wouldnt go out of my way to test this again

=D

Anyone else got updates on this? Seen dogs around Brisbane clubs - specifically the Valley? I'm going in there on Friday and was wondering what to expect.

Ok, first up, security with dogs have been around the Valley and Brunwick St. Station for ages. They're pretty easy to identify: security uniforms and the dogs are the usual security breeds (German sheppards, dobermans & rottweilers).

Although I haven't seen them personally, I have heard that there are now occasionally drug sniffing dogs being taken through the area. As previously mentioned, if they are police dogs the handlers will be in blue police overalls. Also, not all police dogs are sniffers. I know here in QLD they use labradors and German short-haired pointers for passive-alert drug detection dogs. If you see one of these I'd suggest being concerned.

I suspect they are cracking down on Brisbanites - it was and election promise, after all. Be careful and be sensible people. For upcoming events maybe do an inspection of the venue first to see what the situation is, then make a sensible decision about it. If you do definately see drug-detection dogs in Brisbane, please post the details in the thread for that event and in here. But make sure you are certain and can provide a description. As it stands, this thread is just rumour really, and doesn't help anyone. Remember, we should all take precautions, dogs or not: you never know what could happen. Even without dogs plainclothes police are patrolling in the Valley and conducting spot searches on event nights.

Be safe!

:)Smiley

Just a quick heads up for you guys, I know for certain that Customs train their dogs at a certain place at spring hill so I would'nt be suprised if they trickled down to the Valley at certain times too.
They call it training but they are supervised by the police and if the dogs detect anything the person under scrutiny is searched and sometimes arrested.

This is all rumour and innuendo. People are getting paranoid after seeing the guard dogs with the private security around Valley Centre Plaza.

QuIVAA is almost across the road from the train station and they'd be the first to know if this had happend. I'm in contact with them all the time and they've said nothing about it.

When the Qld police do bring in the sniffer dogs in public places, it'll be in a blaze of publicity. Inviting the Courier Mail and Today Tonight along is 9/10ths of the strategy.

^ yeah the police and their dogs are around the plaza, mainly from fridays nights to sunday nights. What they do is block all but 1 exit at the station (platforms or main entrance).

So heres a lil advice for all you people travelling by train north to brunswick street - get off at central and take a taxi as there are no pesky pigs or dogs 8). It's only around 7 bux and it save's dealing with the police. Last week I brought some weed from the GC and brought it up, funny thing is that the cabbie was suspicious when i exited from the station and wanted to go to brunswick st station (1 stop). But i gave him a $3 tip, so at least he was happy and i got to keep my weed =D.

Wanna add - the pigs can't find the drugs so they get the dogs to! Man i smoke around brunswick st, and been tripping out right out the pig station @ the phones but nothing. Hey just make sure u avoid the cameras.

I know for a fact where the dogs are trained in springhill, not far from the valley, it's not rumour or inuendo, I won't go into details in public about where it is, but if you are interested Flexistentialist please feel free to PM me.

Even if they are trained at Spring Hill, I don't see how that's proof they've been used in public places like the Valley. Still sounds like rumours to me.

*le sigh*

smileyfish said:
For upcoming events maybe do an inspection of the venue first to see what the situation is, then make a sensible decision about it. If you do definately see drug-detection dogs in Brisbane, please post the details in the thread for that event and in here. But make sure you are certain and can provide a description. As it stands, this thread is just rumour really, and doesn't help anyone. Remember, we should all take precautions, dogs or not: you never know what could happen. Even without dogs plainclothes police are patrolling in the Valley and conducting spot searches on event nights.

Be safe!

:)Smiley

There at Blacktown Station in Sydney between 4pm - 8pm every thursday in plain clothes.

My friend got caught with 12 grams of weed last week

I was in the valley last sunday night and saw a guy with a dog at brunswick st station. He was clearly NOT a police officer so I took it upon myself to ask him this question: "Is the dog here to bust people for drugs or to bite drunk people?"

He replied with a grin "To bite drunk people"

I think the dogs are used as a scare tactic to give an unnerving feeling to those who may have consumed drugs previously or have drugs on them, but will only ever come up with very little amounts anyway.

^ yeah, but because i live around there, before going to Surfers/City, I usually smoke a couple of cones and drop some benzos and i don't give a fuck about the dogs. Because the law states that drug/alcohol consumption is just seen as 'intoxication'. So I don't understand why they would bother to use the dogs as simply a scare tactic, furthermore since i've only noticed the dogs for a couple of months, is there a chance that the pigs will chose another location?

I went to the Valley on the weekend with a friend and I was walking out of the Valley Train Station.... saw these dogs... they were dobermans or some similar breed, as I don't have a board knowledge dog breeds and they had this big guy in overalls walking around and he had this some secuirty company logo on his overalls.

I wouldn't be worried if you were "carrying" and saw german sheperds or some other nasty looking dogs, I personally I would be more worried if I saw labourers or beagels (whatever its spelt).

yeah labradors afaik are the dogs to worry about and beagels, i wouldnt worry about german shepards or security companies working. they are probably just there as its a big area and it might perhaps need a bit more security....nothing to do with drug searches...

Brisbane - Recent Crack Down On Drugs

i dont know about you guys but it seems that every person i speak to about pills or any other illegal substance has a story to tell me about there friend who got raided in the last 1-3 weeks.

anyone got any light to shed on all this? its already been 2 weeks since my last pills ( new record !! ) and if shit falls through again this week cause ppl are gettin raided then im gonna cry :( hehe

codeine is an interesting substitute for pills but hardly a party drug :p

is this just a pre election show for voters? or has the brisbane police really decided to step things up ?

There's definitely been a step-up. I've got 2 best friends that just went to court for posession of 1 pill each and one dealer that got charged for possesion of one pill. I'm just wondering why they're targeting the bottom end of the drug-chain (the common user).

Is it because the cops in Brisbane actually have no idea about what's going on?? Or is it an attempt to try and remove the 'party supply' culture of The Valley?

Last edited: