Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer dogs at Brisbane train station

starlet_girl

Bluelighter
Hey all fellow Brisvegans,
Just to let you know, my friend caught a train from Brunswick St to Central on Saturday night and when she was at Brunswick St she saw a guy get sniffed by a dog and he got caught and was taken away to the cop shop. That's pretty scary, coz I've never seen them there before and sometimes catch the train into the Valley for a night out. Has anyone else seen any around recently? Also I was talking to a guy who was with some guys that got searched in the Mall and one was taken away too. Are they becoming stricter in Brisbane?

uh oh, this is not cool D: if anyone has any details please post, a small group of us are considering a night out in the valley sometime in the future and trains are the best way to ensure no one gets silly and tries to drive whilst drunk or still high

Thanks for the heads up :D I will be seriously considering other transport options into the valley from now on...

Yup see dogs at Brunswick St regularly now, especially on weekend nights.
No one I know has been caught out by them though. I see at least one dog and trainer regularly but agian especially on weekend nights there can be at least a couple of them on the platforms

i have seen them regulary at the train station and around that end of the valley. Also they have been in large popular carparks in the valley as of lately, and people HAVE been caught in these carparks. Be careful!

Theres always a guard and a dog standing at the brunswick street mall entry.. Although its some sort of security guard and not a uniformed policeman - the dog sometimes barks and jumps on random drunks (prolly picks up the scent of weed) walking past but I've never seen one get searched..

So many people get done in the kings parking in the valley and the side streets up near the arena its not funny... Theres an oldish couple that hangs out near the second story walkway and a group drives in sometimes. The cops patrolling the side streets are usually in groups of about three or four..

I'm not too fussed because I never take drugs into the valley. Infact if you can help it, dont take drugs in - its way too dangerous.

Last edited:
I too have seen them, I remember seeing them on new years, I had some pills on me and walked straight past one of them (trying not to look scared.) the dog didn't even look at me.

Recently, I had a pill on me that I forgot about, and walked past another dog at brunswick street. I didn't realize how lucky I was until I was on the train.

maybe they aren't trained to smell e? or aren't well trained?

maybe I was just really lucky twice.

HEH its only some little puppies y0. haha seriously ive walked past a dog and two officers in the queen street mall with a half on me. werd to empty jam jars! imho your a retard if you take weed into the valley, if the dogz wont get you the derros will ;P

oh just thinking, should this thread be named 'get the brisbane BL's to admit who they are thread and were they carry drugs' thread. heh i havent slept. meh.

bbqdave as far as i know dogs just cant smell you walking past unless its weed and its strong. usually they have to sniff you up close for eccys. ive had 3 e's taped under my armpit at a sydney rave and was sniffed in the line outside. they come along and sniff your shoes, then your pockets, then move on to the next person. drug dogs arent as efficient as ppl think.

ihaq4weed... good to know. thanks. I might go back to carrying one with me just incase an office rave breaks out.

hahaha, you never know when you might need to slip a e in the bosses coffee! always be prepared...

erm unless its something new ... the only dogs ive seen at brunswick street station are the security ones ...

wot you really need to do is look at the dog handler.

full blue overall jumpsuit thing = police dog handler ...

I'm glad we don't have that kinda BS in Perth, but it will probably happen over here soon. As far as i'm concerned it's just the thin end of the wedge in the erosion of Australian's civil liberities.

Must admit I have never seen any dogs up in brisbane yet...been out raving a few times recently in the last two months but not seen hide nor hair. Have heard of plenty of people being caught in the carparks though. You seriously need to reconsider leaving things in the cars with the intention of going back for a top-up. 9/10 people I know who got nabbed has been on the way back to the car halfway though the nite. Only know 1 person caught late morning cause he was hanging round the carpark outside and some of the lads in blue drove past & stopped.

Must admit I am concerned about some upcoming events though....

For clarification...I asked my friend what the dog handler was wearing, and she said a blue suit, so it was definitely a policeman, not just a security guard.

sooo... they are just security dogs... awesome :)
you'll have to forgive me, I'm paranoid.

Central Station in Sydney often has sniffer dogs. With the amount of people that go through there per day, its not that surprising. Especially watch out when big events are on like the RWC or BDO.

its cool guys, you just need to relax and dont keep drugs in obvious searchable places. i've been stopped by many dogs and had my pockets, sometimes shoes and socks searched (sometimes the dickheads even try to pull my pants out see if i have a bag stashed, but i wear a belt), i sometimes say something like i had weed in my wallet the other day

from what i heard/seen, they are just security dogs to clear out the homeless deadshits that hang outside brunswick st station, and scare off drunken dickheads that like to cause trouble.

Yeah, luckily the people the uniforms target are the homeless and drunks :)

Now that you mention it i'm happy that the guard and dogs there - there used to be tones of homeless people sitting there asking you for change and trying to start fights

I know this is a Brizzy thread and all, but for any Melb residents, I've seen quite a few sniffer dogs in Melb last few months, mainly West Suburban Lines (good'ol footscray) so watch your self. Also, recently there was an article in something or another bout how they're gonna start having sniffer dogs go up and down night club ques and such.. oh joy