Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer Dogs at All Age Events

Baby700

Bluelighter
I heard recently that sniffer dogs can't attend underage/all age events, as they're not allowed to sniff underagers for drugs and then search them if necessary, without their parents permission. Hence why there are no dogs at events like Utopia, just a large cop turnout.

Any1 know the deal with this?

Hmm...myabe it's not true then. I would have thought that underagers can not be searched without a parent or guardian with them though....

Not true. I've been searched before (about 8 months ago) when I was a minor.

It can't be true I've been sniffed at all ages events too. Supposedly a friend of a friend, who was a minor at the time, got in some shit when the dogs sniffed him out with trafficable quantities of a couple of drugs entering a utopia back in 03, this would suggest they can search minors and also that they've been dogs at utopia in the past.

I heard it differs for different states, and my state (WA) doesnt allow sniffer dogs at events?

"I heard"... is just passing on a rumour guys, try to find sources for your facts, please.

BigTrancer :)

its bullshit cops can do what they want...

i hav been to 3 musical events this year
1. big day out
2. rockit
3. southbound

at all three there where sniffer dogs nad i actaully seen a kid get caught with something at rockit which was quite convenient for me at that time seeings i had a few bikkis on me thats when i made my way to the entrance :p

Last edited:
Mate, honestly, none of us care how many pills you take to events. The police might on the other hand ... and it might surprise you to know that they browse these forums too! Better to be discrete, people will still understand what you mean if you say "I had a few pills at an event a while ago" rather than "I had X amount of pills at Y event on Z date". The former is far less incriminating.

Dont take this as a flame, just some friendly advice :)

Last edited:
nah i didnt. but i seen u thought i was bragging...

all events like them you would hav to b a retard if you couldnt tell that half the people arent on something with eyes looking like owls.

thus i seen this person i only just meat cuz he asked to borrow my phone and a m8 wanted a roundy so i asked him if he could help me... he was trying to say that he had 2000 orange butterflys and that he had already sold 1700 or something already at rockit alone.

i mean thats wut the cops should b chasing

wut i had was a drop in the ocean my friend

Not to dispute you seeing them M4D 5tYL3Z, but the police issued a statement saying that would not be using sniffer dogs at BDO. I'm assuming your referring to the Perth events as the above posts?

I wouldn't beleive everything I'm told, or repeat it without solid confirmation.

at BDO and rockit i actually seen them... at southbound i only heard that they where there. i still wonder to myself could a dog actually sniff a pill if it is containted in an air tight bag, even taking into account some pills dont even smell

weed on otherhand i could understand

p.s
these where all WA events

mm i was at rockit and bdo, and i saw neither (not that i dont believe you). i was working at rockit and i am working at the venue some time in the near future so i maybe able to ask around to find out if that was allowed, just bcoz sniffer dogs were there doesnt mean police are allowed to bring them onto the grounds. i have also heard that in W.A sniffer dogs are nto allowed at events but i could be wrong

Just a quick headsup on something,just read the local(northern perth) paper in which the front cover had a nice pic :-( of 4 police and two big arse black labradors!
They were used for the first time at Rockit this year,previously they were only used to check prison cells. According to the police they were a success, the dogs were released from the handler at the entrance lines and allowed to wander. They charged 21 ppl with possession of marajuana,ecstacy and speed,according to the police they will be used at all similar events in WA from now on!!
Had to happen sometime i guess, they said it was tried due to the success in the eastern states recently....
:p

Well thanks for that confirmation rushraver..... not that its really good news :\

Is the article online?

Fry-d- said:
Well thanks for that confirmation rushraver..... not that its really good news :\

Is the article online?

No,sorry, have searched and can't find anything online.
It is in the Wanneroo Community newspaper and titled Dogs Deployed.
I will try to get it scanned and put it up that way.....

An interesting thing about it was that the dogs are'nt police dogs,they belong to the Department Of Justice as they believed the dogs were of a more gentle nature and that each time they were released they found drugs in less than 30 secs with 100% accuracy! In that each person identified was carrying drugs:p

oo this is terrible news, ah well maybe sum drunken fool will provoke one of these dogs and get attacked. then these dogs will b allowed to roam free no more