• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smoking tobacco and COVID

Nicocastillo7

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if necessary mods can move the thread. The story is this, I quit smoking for more than 3 years, 2 weeks ago I got back into the habit, smoking about 10 cigarettes a day (sometimes more) I discovered that it helps me a lot with my anxiety and keeps me distracted. But there is a problem, in my house we are almost certain that we are infected with COVID-19. I have been very ill, dry cough, fever and little else, but some of my relatives lost their sense of smell ... Tomorrow I am going to do a swab to confirm if it is covid or not. Surely the most obvious answer is to stop smoking tobacco, but I have been a marijuana smoker for about 7 years, it worries me a little, because tobacco helps me a lot with some things, but now I have been dying ... I hope not covid, but for everything that is happening in my house it is most likely ... All those good effects of nicotine could I get it with nicotine patches or gum? to avoid smoke ...

@Nicocastillo7 fuck patches or gum. Get some snuff (smokeless snorting tobacco - available in tobacconists or online, i get mine from amazon).
The menthol/eucalyptus one is the most pleasant imo, doesn't burn too bad like the standard one, actually really refreshing like having a polo mint up your nose opens your airways up. I just do tiny key size bumps off the back of my hand.
Really scratches the 'i need a cigarette' itch, plus scratches the snorting a bump of powder itch too lol.
And its mega cheap. I pay less than £2 for a 7g tub which lasts me about a week! I've pretty much eliminated smoking cigs now, i was on 10 a day, now im on 1 or 2 every few days!

Hopefully you haven't got covid. Stay welllll stocked up on vitamins especially C and D. Eat fresh fruit, drink lemon and lime juice, eat the hottest chillis.

I used champix and quit after being a 30 year smoker so anyone can
Patches would help.
I hope everything and everyone stays as well as possible.
Drink lots of water when you have a craving , i know a few people that has help.
You quit before so you know the cravings pass.
I Wouldn't advise smoking weed with covid but if you can drop cigarettes reward yourself with a few puffs, helps cravings as well

Thank you all for the answers! In a few hours they will test me to find out if it is covid or not. I'm a little scared because I'm losing my sense of smell, I opened my indoor (it has a strong smell) and I felt very little smell of my weed, I don't want to let myself be overcome by fear, but shit ...
I think I'll quit smoking and take a few puffs of weed when I have cravings, if I need to, because I have a crappy cough. I'm addicted to opiates too, I don't know what to do with those habits.
It's not hard for me to breathe, but 120mg of oxycodone would be dangerous I guess

Thank you all for the answers! In a few hours they will test me to find out if it is covid or not. I'm a little scared because I'm losing my sense of smell, I opened my indoor (it has a strong smell) and I felt very little smell of my weed, I don't want to let myself be overcome by fear, but shit ...
I think I'll quit smoking and take a few puffs of weed when I have cravings, if I need to, because I have a crappy cough. I'm addicted to opiates too, I don't know what to do with those habits.
It's not hard for me to breathe, but 120mg of oxycodone would be dangerous I guess

Let us know when you find out. The test I had to take was dreadful, hopefully yours is just a swab or something.

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to take a break from smoking cigarettes especially if you might have a respiratory disease like covid. It's always hard to quit but I'm sure you'd be cool with some gum or a patch, you could probably get away with just chewing regular gum to keep your mind off smoking, I've found the nicotine gum just sucks and doesn't really help that much.

Take care man and definitely stop cigs for a while, consider nicotine gums, snuss or patches if you must.

Hate to say it but you have all the classic symptoms :( Doesn't mean you will get sick as hell, it's not that serious for most people and it usually goes away after ~1 week. But be prepared for it just in case. Best of luck!!

I think the test will be a swab, it is the common test they do here. Most likely it is covid, everyone in my house has different symptoms but they all agree that it is covid, I talked to my doctor and he thinks it is covid.
I was thinking of snuff, I think I can get tobacco snuff. I don't think this kills me, I'm worried about my CNS depressant habit. Now I am taking 40mg of diazepam a day, 600mg of pregabalin and I have a habit of 120mg of oxycodone, if I don't take oxy I take tramadol (a habit of 750mg a day, yes, I know) I hope everything is fine, I'll let you know how continue this.
Yesterday I smoked my last cigarette

I think the test will be a swab, it is the common test they do here. Most likely it is covid, everyone in my house has different symptoms but they all agree that it is covid, I talked to my doctor and he thinks it is covid.
I was thinking of snuff, I think I can get tobacco snuff. I don't think this kills me, I'm worried about my CNS depressant habit. Now I am taking 40mg of diazepam a day, 600mg of pregabalin and I have a habit of 120mg of oxycodone, if I don't take oxy I take tramadol (a habit of 750mg a day, yes, I know) I hope everything is fine, I'll let you know how continue this.
Yesterday I smoked my last cigarette

Well I think you're prescribed oxy right? Maybe you can talk with your doctor about it, I don't think those meds would be an issue unless you start to have trouble breathing. And by that point you would probably need to go to the hospital anyway.

But I'm not 100% sure, covid-19 is a new thing and not much is known about it...

Well I think you're prescribed oxy right? Maybe you can talk with your doctor about it, I don't think those meds would be an issue unless you start to have trouble breathing. And by that point you would probably need to go to the hospital anyway.
No, the oxy is not prescribed for me, I get it in another way. Here in Argentina there is no heroin ... I could say that it is like a similar habit. Maybe I should lower the dose a bit because of the respiratory depression, although I have tolerance it worries me a bit.

I caught Covid and am also a heavy smoker. It lasted for 3 weeks gradually getting worse until after about 2 weeks it knocked me off my feet and I spent 4 days in bed.

I had every symptom going EXCEPT the respiratory issues. I also continued smoking throughout the illness. Even the days I couldn't get out of bed I still managed a few ciggies.

Not that I'm recommending you do the same, just relating my experience...

Vallhala it's a lie. I don't bother with this boredom. Saying that I don't like stupidity, few months ago they said that homeless are little to no risk at all to contract this virus ( heroin/meth) now they say this.

Okay people, the test result was positive. It was logical for me before the test, but it is already official that I contracted covid, my lungs hurt a little when I breathe and my mother also has the same thing. I hope to be well, I will have to be isolated for the next 10 days.

Cytisine, in Tabex, feel's just like Nicotin. If you can feel Nicotin, which is debateable. Its a smoking cessation aid.

Its a compound isolated from the Golden Rain plant and is like the Methadon of Nicotin. It has greater binding affinity so smoking while on it is useless and it has a long time of action. One dose blocked Nicotin at least 16 hours.

I have successfully quit smoking tobacco (cigarettes) during the COVID-19 situation. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. A lot of smoking cessation is mental. Yes I certainly agree there is a physical element to quitting. Just glad I'm done.

Everything tastes so good! The other day I bought a Ginger ale at 7-11 and as I drank it while walking back home I just started laughing because I felt great and the ginger ale tasted fuqqing amazing!

Okay people, the test result was positive. It was logical for me before the test, but it is already official that I contracted covid, my lungs hurt a little when I breathe and my mother also has the same thing. I hope to be well, I will have to be isolated for the next 10 days.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope it doesn't hit you too hard.

It's a fuckin weird disease that's for sure.. 10 days of isolation isn't enough imo. Everyone I know who has had it were I'll for about three weeks.

Tbh, I've had worse doses of flu where I just wanted to die. But it's the longevity of Covid that just grinds you down.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear that mate, hope it doesn't hit you too hard.

It's a fuckin weird disease that's for sure.. 10 days of isolation isn't enough imo. Everyone I know who has had it were I'll for about three weeks.

Tbh, I've had worse doses of flu where I just wanted to die. But it's the longevity of Covid that just grinds you down.

Good luck!
Actually, a few days ago before the test we had already voluntarily isolated ourselves. Here in Argentina they only isolate covid patients for 2 weeks ... I have no idea why, they took us off the world counter so our data on COVID are not very "reliable"
We will see how everything evolves in the next few days.

There has been research that shows tobacco smokers are less likely to get COVID for whatever reason. I don't have sources on hand but it was widely reported back during the early days of the pandemic. I'll see if I can find them again.

Our own president only isolated himself for 3 days. If it last 3 weeks you need to test for aids. It is a 5-7 day disease.

I would not quit smoking if I got it. Just the way I am

I do not even wear a mask and have not contracted it. People do not realize it is not airborne, unless someone infected coughs it survives a few seconds. Anyway I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

Sorry you are infected

I used champix and quit after being a 30 year smoker so anyone can
Patches would help.
I hope everything and everyone stays as well as possible.
Drink lots of water when you have a craving , i know a few people that has help.
You quit before so you know the cravings pass.
I Wouldn't advise smoking weed with covid but if you can drop cigarettes reward yourself with a few puffs, helps cravings as well

If cancer patients can smoke weed so can COVID Patients. It is just a long lasting flu, though 3 weeks of isolation is 😜 silly

And I cannot quit smoking, even when I developed hyper ventilation syndrome and constant panic attacks that caused physical symptoms without mental anxiety I cut down, though I could not quit. Started at 14 and will keep going I guess till I probably get throat cancer

Our own president only isolated himself for 3 days. If it last 3 weeks you need to test for aids. It is a 5-7 day disease.

I do not even wear a mask and have not contracted it. People do not realize it is not airborne, unless someone infected coughs it survives a few seconds. Anyway I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

Sorry you are infected

If cancer patients can smoke weed so can COVID Patients. It is just a long lasting flu, though 3 weeks of isolation is 😜 silly

And I cannot quit smoking, even when I developed hyper ventilation syndrome and constant panic attacks that caused physical symptoms without mental anxiety I cut down, though I could not quit. Started at 14 and will keep going I guess till I probably get throat cancer

I also had an umlimited supply of benzos lol
It was pretty hairy the first week. I had to stay locked in my apartment as not to need bail.
My dad died from copd and i watched so i had alot of incentive.
Hard addiction though, i was bringing him outside o2 tank and all for a cigarette and joint up until 2 days before he passed

Sorry you are infected

You've obviously not had it then.

And neither has your fuckin president...