Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Smoking spiders?!!!!!

Norules

Bluelighter
Now please help me to debunk this rather ludicrous tale was told last night. A friend (well, a chick I happened to be out with) told me that several of her friends would find Redback spiders, murder the poor arachnids, and proceed to smoke them, resuilting in what she said was a 'fully mad trip, man'. I kind of sat there, mouth agape, with several thoughts running through my head- why would someone decide to smoke a spider, and how the fuck would it cause you to trip? And why was this crazy girl talking to me? Though it aroused my curiousity somewhat, I flat out don't belive it. Any other comments would be good . . . yes I know this a somewhat weird topic, but at least its good for a laugh. :)

I don't believe it either, but the explanation behind the theory would be that any effect would be caused by the consumption of venom vapour, with a hint of cripsy spider.

Yeah, right... I bet the next thing you'll tell me is that some toads contain DMT and if you smoke their skins you'll trip balls...

Sheesh, you guys will believe anything! ;)

Pleonastic said:
Yeah, right... I bet the next thing you'll tell me is that some toads contain DMT and if you smoke their skins you'll trip balls...

Sheesh, you guys will believe anything! ;)

Just on that note. Anyone seen the Simpsons episode where Homer goes away to be a missionary?

He sits in the hammock licking tods, and eventually finds the ' right on' and starts to hallucinate?

I thought that was pretty funny, wheather its true or not I dont know...

^^ that is true, and it was pleo's attempt at sarcasm I believe. ;) The toads have a venom that contains 5-MeO-DMT and you can read about it here.

Norules said:
Now please help me to debunk this rather ludicrous tale was told last night. A friend (well, a chick I happened to be out with) told me that several of her friends would find Redback spiders, murder the poor arachnids, and proceed to smoke them, resuilting in what she said was a 'fully mad trip, man'.

Ask to watch them do it next time.
See the results of the said fully mad trip.

Now....I have heard everything!

However, I have heard of Cobra Venom being used in the USA (Mid 1980's Mid west states) So I do not discount anything at this stage...

Ha ha, well these particualr folks are certainly not the most sane, educated or intelligent of peoples- thus the spider smoking tale. What bothers me is how laconically she said, yeh they just looked around the house, found a few red-backs, and smoked 'em- I mean, we live in Melbourne, if their were fucking redbacks in my houe, I certainly wouldn't smoke them, I'd move out!
PS. please note sarcasm in original post, I feel my credibility plummetting!!!!!!!;)

Thanks BigTrancer, very weird article, but as yet I don't know if the said people can read . . . peace

Not exactly smoking spiders, but interesting nonetheless. I once saw a nature program where a botanist lady licked the wings of the adult Drepanid moth. She described what followed as being a harrowing ordeal, where she hallucinated and felt she was going to die

lepi_m052.jpg

From here

Other tidbits on insect/animal sources of drugs

A Pointer to a New Hallucinogen of Insect Origin

Animals Used As Drugs

I doubt that smoking a redback spider would do anything as the venom lactrotoxin (?) is a large protein chain that wouldn't take to kindly to been smoked. Plus if it somehow did work i think you'd be in for an extremely sweaty, painful and ultimately unpleasant experience.

i heard something similar to this except it was these two prisoners in jail were caught keeping redback spiders, which they aparantly were milking for venom, diluting the venom and either i.v'ing it or swallowing i can't remember. infact i think i read it on this site.

[Edit: I linked the article above. BT]

Last edited by a moderator:
5-MeO-DMT in toads....oh fuck yeah...where can i get one?

sarcasm

that the stupidest thing I'v heard even if it did get u high U up much prefer to sniff glue than smoke a spider not that I would sniff glue I HATE SPIDERS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
im sure thats what they said to the first person who licked a toad!

i think the chick is talking shit.....

NO WAY man, I plugged like four redbacks once and got a FULLY awesome trip dude! Yall stop hatin!

toads definately contain the goods, where was that thread about some dogs getting addicted to licking cain toads or something :p

i've seen several recipe's for extracting the DMT from the toads, erowid has one i think?